Worst successful comedian.

Worst successful comedian.

• Total voters

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
Hollywood pumps our comedies that are full of low-brow obvious jokes and there's a stable of these fuckers that star and/or write the scripts, it's usually a one joke movie that they drive into the ground. There were others that came before, like Pauly Shore, Chris Farley, Chevy Chase, and I'm sure there will be plenty more to satisfy the need to laugh without using your brain.

Ben Stiller - OK we get it you're a schmuck. Nothing's more un-funny than some miserable sad-sack.
Will Ferrell - Trying to goof on pop culture was done first and best by The Simpsons.
Martin Lawrence - Giggling at your own jokes is never a good recipe.
Jim Carey - It started with that way over the top Fire Marshall Bill character. Not funny then, not funny now.
Adam Sandler - Again, one joke per movie, run it into the ground.
Special mention Robert DeNiro - You're not a comedian, even playing off your tough guy image is not funny. Give it up and go back to slaughtering humans.

I voted for all of them and want to add Steve Martin. Unfunny fucking hack.
th

SDCJ,
Steve Martin, in his standup days, was a HUGE entertainer. The jokes, the songs, etc. made him a household name before he did the movies.
I think you have been wrong in every thread in which you have ever posted! :flipoff2:

SDCJ,
Steve Martin, in his standup days, was a HUGE entertainer. The jokes, the songs, etc. made him a household name before he did the movies.
I think you have been wrong in every thread in which you have ever posted! :flipoff2:

That's your opinion, which I find meaningless. What you fail miserably at is not realizing what's funny to one person is just stupid to someone else. Just because you find it funny doesn't mean shit. BTW, as I've been reminded, popularity doesn't equate to "good".

Last edited:
That's your opinion, which I find meaningless. What you fail miserably at is not realizing what's funny to one person is just stupid to someone else. Just because you find it funny doesn't mean shit.

The country went gaga for him in his day. He was the grateful dead of entertainers. That is all.
If you don't like Planes. Trains, and Automobiles, it's ok. Having no soul is ok. It's who you are.
In the immortal words of John Turturro, "Always remember, No one likes you."

The country went gaga for him in his day. He was the grateful dead of entertainers. That is all.
If you don't like Planes. Trains, and Automobiles, it's ok. Having no soul is ok. It's who you are.
In the immortal words of John Turturro, "Always remember, No one likes you."

I edited my post to include this ......................................BTW, as I've been reminded, popularity doesn't equate to "good".

Again, just because YOU like something doesn't mean it's good to others.

Not even his big hit The Jerk? Hell you coulda been a stand in. Not bc your physique tho 6'5" 165lbs:flipoff2: lol, but bc youre pretty dense. Like The Jerk dense. Odd it isnt your fav movie of all time.

Last edited:

That's your opinion, which I find meaningless. What you fail miserably at is not realizing what's funny to one person is just stupid to someone else. Just because you find it funny doesn't mean shit. BTW, as I've been reminded, popularity doesn't equate to "good".

SDCJ,

All of the guys on the list are huge entertainers, so your point is meaningless. Steve Martin should be on the list.

He is so fucking unfunny in his Heyday. The Jerk is a sad and boring movie, they pushed that shit so fucking hard. Lorne Michaels has a lot of swing, they act like they're small, but SNL got the entire entertainment industry to push Steve Martin. He is not funny, his standup is boring.

What is he is an exceptionally talented entertainer who isn't really a comedian. Roxanne is one of the best films ever made and Martin as Cirano Debergerac (sic) is awesome.

But the STeve Martin push happened when I was a little kid and it scars me to this day.

Add Murray and Ackroyd to that list. Early SNL was miserably bad, but it was THE ONLY THING. People don't seem to understand that. On Saturday night in the 70s, your TV choices were SNL or snow. Not an exaggeration.

Kevin Hart. We get it, you're short, black and loud.

Kevin Hart is basically That Black Guy. He is pushed through the entertainment industry so that he can do endorsements. He's a safe bet, doesn't do drugs and shit. When the endorsements really started rolling in, Kevin really started pushing the Wholesome aspect of his character. Now he is a rich, rich, very busy man. He is a great entertainer.

What I hope happens with Kevin is the endorsement deals just drop off. No major reason, just Kevin Hart's star is over. Then he lies in obscurity for a few years, then comes back as a filthy-mouthed Hitman. Yeah, Kevin and his team probably have that as one of their career charts in the big office he keeps with all of his handlers, managers, producers, and entourage.

You forgot Hannah Gadspy.

:barf:

I think this is the lesbian that gets on stage then screams that she got raped. Then there is like a 30 minute Struggle Session with her.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, liberal young people are not actually that Woke. It's just Corporations trying to get ahead of them.

Yea i think of comedians more in terms of a standup.

Sam kinnison Bill hicks
Mitch hedberg
Pryor
Carlin

Listening to bill burr, tom segura, artie lange, norm macdonald for more "recent" comedians.

That list of people, really were just funny made for tv actors that went onto movies. I guess when you make $$$$$, you can venture into other "hobbies" liks stand up or art (whatever jim carrey thinks is art lol).

Hell michael jordan arguably in category of GOAT for basketball tried baseball in the minor league system for the white soxs. Anyone else with his "talent" for baseball (not much) would not have even been rostered, hell even scouted.

I hate Sam Kinison. I hate screaming. His performances make me feel like I’m stuck in a restaurant next to the family with screaming child.

Also not a fan of Carrot Top

Whoopie Globerg

Kathy Griffin

& Rosie O’Donell rounds out the bottom 5

honorable mention goes to

Carlos Mencia

I agree the people on the OP’s list are actors

edit: I like Joe Rogan, but I don’t think his comedy is funny. His podcast can be great AT TIMES (not always) but his stand-up is BAD

Last edited:
A dear friend of mine is tryin to make it in standup. But he takes journalism writing classes, does improv, and even event promoting. He says he needs to be well rounded and all of those other avenues are helpful in honing his stage prescence and material, delivery etc.

But ive seen his improv...meh. He has done well in promotion, and he loves to write. Still his best aspect is standup, but that may not be his calling...he might find that being a promoter is less of a struggle AND he can still do standup when he wants too.

Ill say this, i have a lot of repsect for people that try to bridge out. Being famous and rich for those "actors" helps in that bridge, but they still gave it a shot. I could transition out of my profession, i have a broad skill set but pretty sure it would be a grind till that skill set was up to snuff.

I hate Sam Kinison. I hate screaming. His performances make me feel like I’m stuck in a restaurant next to the family with screaming child.

Also not a fan of Carrot Top

Whoopie Globerg

Kathy Griffin

& Rosie O’Donell rounds out the bottom 5

honorable mention goes to

Carlos Mencia

I agree the people on the OP’s list are actors

Anyone wearing a beret is funny. The screaming had to come from his pastoral days shovin biblical shit down the congregations throat.

Sandiegocj said it doesnt matter whats funny to me and not to you:flipoff2:​​​​​​

Top Back Refresh