What's new

Wireless mouse that doesn't suck in a year

Talon2006

Yellow Skull
Member Number
I bought a random mouse off amazon about a six months ago. It still works... except the scroll wheel will sometimes go up, and sometimes goes down. No amount of compressed air blowing it out has seemed to fix it.

Can the mighty Irate recommend a mouse that won't suck in a year?

Logitech M310 is what I use. It's cheap and the last one probably made it 5 or 6 years at least.

I have an amazon one says entertainment tech on it, been working for a few years.
my other one for work computer is Logitech came with a wireless keyboard, still working.

Hard to go wrong with a Logitech. They do have some double-click issues on a few of their gaming mice and my freewheel scroll can get out of balance with dust sometimes but not a big deal to clean.

Most scroll wheel issues are caused by dust or hair getting between the sensor and the shutter wheel. You normally have to take the mouse and the scroll wheel mechanism apart to clean it out.

I bought a random mouse off amazon about a six months ago. It still works... except the scroll wheel will sometimes go up, and sometimes goes down. No amount of compressed air blowing it out has seemed to fix it.

Can the mighty Irate recommend a mouse that won't suck in a year?

No amount of compressed air ever will fix it. You have to take it apart. The Computer/Smartphone tool kits run about $12, that's more than the price of a mouse but tools get your mouse back in 15 minutes instead of 3 days.

Logitec mouses still get gunk in them but less often. My only complaint aobut Logitec is they always fuck with their gaming mice. They won't even bring back the classics, it's sad and A Thing.

Dollar store ones.....last a while and toss

FUCK Logitech.

The hardware is ok, that fucking G-Hub is absolute GARBAGE.

Once my keyboard and mouse are no good, I will never buy Logitech again.

Apple-Magic-Mouse-2-%28MLA02LL-A%29.jpg

My Logitech’s die every few years.

Logitech G305 works great for me but any of the above Logitech mice should be good.

I ran a 4000 series microsoft and it was great. Side buttons were programmable, scroll wheel was a button and side shifted both ways to move a zoomed page side to side and it shut off automatically so it didn't eat batteries. When I get another computer I'll get another one for sure.

Last edited:
FUCK Logitech.

The hardware is ok, that fucking G-Hub is absolute GARBAGE.

Once my keyboard and mouse are no good, I will never buy Logitech again.

WTF is Ghub?

I been using the M570 since my college days. Still works like it always has. Wouln't use any other mouse.

wireless keyboards and wireless mice just universally fucking suck
only place I could see a use for them is HTPC shit, and even then I'd be running wired shit if there was any way to do so

I've been using many Logitech wireless trackballs. Not a single failure of even the 8-10 year old ones:eek: Sadly, their wired version doesn't have the front/back functionality.

I’ve got a roccat that I’ve been using the past 5 or 6 years, and it’s been great. I got one for my office workstation too. They replaced some Logitechs that I’d been using for over 10 years.

WTF is Ghub?

I been using the M570 since my college days. Still works like it always has. Wouln't use any other mouse.

It's their software bundle to control or customize their devices.

And it sucks. I use macros across all my games. And I cannot for the life of me get the macros for one game to reassign to another game. Pisses me off to no end.

I've been driving a Logitech "Anywhere MX" for at least 8 - 9 years now. It's got a nice "weighty feel" to it and has been pretty much flawless.

Consider trying a trackball mouse. My right hand was getting numb from from overuse of my mouse. I'm ambidextrous, so I switched to my left hand and got a trackball made by ELECOM (it was the only left hand trackball I could find). I've had it for a few years and no issues. I much prefer the trackball to regular mouse at this point. I still have a right hand mouse, however. I freak out my GF because I unconsciously switch from left hand to right hand depending on the task. For example, I generally use the right hand mouse when I need to navigate the side pane on a window. I use the left hand trackball while working on spreadsheets.

Top Back Refresh