What's new

Winch motor wiring WTF

posford

:flipoff2:
Member Number
Loc
NH
Strange issue with my Warn M10000. I got it with a bad motor and replaced it with ome from DB electric. I hooked it up with an Albright contactor per the diagram below. I get power out, but not in. The motor isn't marked, but I've always seen the 2 closer terminals be the fields and the further one the armature.

Pulled the contactor off and jumped from F1 to A, F2 to battery + and grounded it. Just sparks. Connect F2 to A, F1 to battery +, powered out. Strange. For sake or argument, hooked F1 to F2, A to battery + and it powered in. Whe you look at the motor, F1 and A are almost directly in line.

It seems to me the motor is wired different than standard? Is this a thing or do I have something else going on?

Hooked the contactor back up, using whats typically F2 as armature, and the other as fields, tested the contactor, power in both directions.

Scotts-Winch-wiring-diagram.jpg

So is it F2 Battery, F1 out and A in based on the labels above?

Did you contact them and tell them what the situation is and ask what their solution is? Seems odd they’d make a replacement motor not matching WARN wiring.

I assume it is this motor.

Top Back Refresh