What's new

Win!

looks an awful lot like a sailplane winch.
I want one. Big daddy got wore the fuck out last month up in PA visiting grammy, pulling the kids back up the hill. I was thinking of something very similar.

Of course then the old brain went to how can I build a cheap looped tow line and then how about an automatic tow line that scoops up the kids in the tube at the bottom then flips em out at the top which led to needing to either build snow banks to guide the tubes or regrade the lawn in the summer to finally just back to walking my big ass up and down the hill. Meh next year Ill just plan ahead and buy a cheap snowmobile to leave at grammys house.

I want one. Big daddy got wore the fuck out last month up in PA visiting grammy, pulling the kids back up the hill. I was thinking of something very similar.

Of course then the old brain went to how can I build a cheap looped tow line and then how about an automatic tow line that scoops up the kids in the tube at the bottom then flips em out at the top which led to needing to either build snow banks to guide the tubes or regrade the lawn in the summer to finally just back to walking my big ass up and down the hill. Meh next year Ill just plan ahead and buy a cheap snowmobile to leave at grammys house.
well the old recipe for a sailplane winch is a 6V long shaft ford starter with a drum stuck on it and a 12V battery with a foot switch.

heres' the old RCM sailplane guide and I'm sure it's in there.

What is that powered by?
Just from the brief pix I think it's a version of this type of motor/kit and a DeWalt battery of the corresponding voltage.

I think a cordless chainsaw might do it too.

WPHMOTO 500W 24V DC Brushed Electric Motor with Controller Kit for e-Bike Scooter Go Kart Bicycle https://a.co/d/bZf0LFW

Reactions: DMG
FB_IMG_1674350252491.jpg

Seems like Mikel probably would dig this :)

Got your dessert right here...

12496381_433484783513329_684657876794668021_o.jpg

I have a pic somewhere of chocolate dipped bananners at Fred Meyers that are on the box looking like a BBC.

I was walking by and I did a W in TF double take.

Looked sorta like this....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230122-082201_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230122-082201_Google.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 7

I setup an extra riding lawn mower, HF wheels with the tire soff, old wheelbarrow with the tire off, and a bunch of harbor freight rope to accomplish this. The kids grab the rope at the bottom, put it on top of their sled, and jump on it and hang on for dear life till they get to the top. 2 year old has no problem with it.

I setup an extra riding lawn mower, HF wheels with the tire soff, old wheelbarrow with the tire off, and a bunch of harbor freight rope to accomplish this. The kids grab the rope at the bottom, put it on top of their sled, and jump on it and hang on for dear life till they get to the top. 2 year old has no problem with it.
And here we are with no pictures/videos of this wonderful tool in action. Speaking of no pictures you still owe us back yard train photos :flipoff2:

I like how the husband just "happend to be out of town":cool2:

Just going by how much people bitch when you show up with a 300 that has studs in it. I imagine a guy would be shot if he showed up with a AWD 300:laughing:

Just going by how much people bitch when you show up with a 300 that has studs in it. I imagine a guy would be shot if he showed up with a AWD 300:laughing:
people will complain about anything if they are not the ones winning everything and anything

I worked local AX/MX tracks for five or so years, it is sickening about the bitching and whining that happens

ironically
it is usually the parents that are the worst (cough cough Mr/Mrs Villipoto)

I would love to take a hot lap on one on those, I bet the extra gyro would really put you on your head a few times before you get it wired :laughing:

Waiting to see how long the the booger welds hold before they break loose, and this video ends up in the fail thread.....
In high school shop class, one of the other students built a climbing deer stand. He was about 15 feet up a pine tree behind the school when his foot slipped out of the loop on the bottom part, immediately sending it to the base of the tree. :laughing:

We used a couple 2x4s to slide it back up to him. The teacher told him he was a dumbass for not connecting the two together.

I imagine building something like that is strictly forbidden these days, but everyone present learned a valuable lesson.

people will complain about anything if they are not the ones winning everything and anything

I worked local AX/MX tracks for five or so years, it is sickening about the bitching and whining that happens

ironically
it is usually the parents that are the worst (cough cough Mr/Mrs Villipoto)

I would love to take a hot lap on one on those, I bet the extra gyro would really put you on your head a few times before you get it wired :laughing:

This is just buddies bitching to bitch. They will agree that studs on a bike work amazing and then heres a list of reasons why they would never run them...My favorite is it doesn't matter if you have made a hillclimb 100 times in the past. The only reason you made it this time is cuz the studs..lol

I bet turning the thing would take some getting used to

Top Back Refresh