What's new

Will a YJ hard top work on a TJ?

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
If so, how much fuckery is required?

It would take quite a lot of fuckery to get windows and doors to line up...maybe less so with upper soft doors? From the door latch back should fit, but you might have to drill different holes in the top to line up with the tub.

I went the opposite way and got a LJ soft top to fit on my YJ, there's still a bit of a gap in the upper corner where the windshield frame and the door come together. Unless it's free and easy to get(ie wont be a big deal if you try and fail), I wouldn't bother with it if it was me.

It would take quite a lot of fuckery to get windows and doors to line up...maybe less so with upper soft doors? From the door latch back should fit, but you might have to drill different holes in the top to line up with the tub.

I went the opposite way and got a LJ soft top to fit on my YJ, there's still a bit of a gap in the upper corner where the windshield frame and the door come together. Unless it's free and easy to get(ie wont be a big deal if you try and fail), I wouldn't bother with it if it was me.
I remember my ex gf‘s younger brother doing it 10 years ago but I don’t remember how it worked out. I don’t really need a hard top anyway but someone has one I can get cheap. I will probably pass. Thank you everyone for answers.

I might know where there's a TJ soft top you can have for free if you're interested.

Top Back Refresh