What's new

Who's who for axle shafts?

I am pist I didnt use Dutchman, they are literally 5 minutes from my house and like YotaAtieToo said, they are similar in price to the MSRP Yukons but a superior product. I ended up with USA Standard chromolys and super joints for a cheap price so it was tough to say no. I remember the shafts were under $500 total and the super joints were around $500.

Would you run duchmans again if not trying to steer 50*? Branik legacy more than I want to spend for a 90hp trail rig and the dutchmans look much better than the other axles in their price point.
Absolutely. x10 over yukon and all the other generic shaft brands.

I had a ctm joint that was ready to fall out of itself in my dutchmans and they never gave a single shit about it. The one stub I broke was a rev control assault on a slick rock climb, didnt make it, and fell into a hole sliding back down still in rev control. My fault honestly, those shafts were good to me.

I had a ctm joint that was ready to fall out of itself in my dutchmans and they never gave a single shit about it. The one stub I broke was a rev control assault on a slick rock climb, didnt make it, and fell into a hole sliding back down still in rev control. My fault honestly, those shafts were good to me.

Awesome, I'll probably do that then. Keep my "heat treated" yukons for spares.

On another note, overson may need some different answering emails. I asked about lead time on their 1480 joints and was told "we don't make 1480 joints, only D60 ujoints" :homer::laughing:

Either way 6-8 weeks.

On another note, overson may need some different answering emails. I asked about lead time on their 1480 joints and was told "we don't make 1480 joints, only D60 ujoints" :homer::laughing:

Either way 6-8 weeks.
good luck with overson on ujoints, last year i waited 4+ months and finally asked for a refund.
Bought branik 300m joints instead. Just a FYI ECGS also stocks branik 4340 and 300m joints.

Either way 6-8 weeks.
Hopefully they aren't talking about 1550s which are technically also "D60 Ujoints".

good luck with overson on ujoints, last year i waited 4+ months and finally asked for a refund.
Bought branik 300m joints instead. Just a FYI ECGS also stocks branik 4340 and 300m joints.

I was wondering about that. Same thing happened with emf for me.

Sucks when places make good parts but have no customer service.

I noticed the ecgs joints.

Hopefully they aren't talking about 1550s which are technically also "D60 Ujoints".

I don't think so.

I told them I need them for a kingpin, which is 1480 sized. No response yet.

I was wondering about that. Same thing happened with emf for me.

Sucks when places make good parts but have no customer service.

I noticed the ecgs joints.

I don't think so.

I told them I need them for a kingpin, which is 1480 sized. No response yet.
yeah, if you said KP....they should darn well know the difference, but you know how that goes sometimes, LOL.

I placed a order a year or so ago and they hit me right away that they aren't in stock and were a few weeks out. I took the refund right away and bought CTMs.

Anybody know anything about the IMS billet 1550 joints from american iron offroad? Branik is the obvious best choice but for the $100 a piece savings, it has me wondering about them. Real world experience with them?

Anybody know anything about the IMS billet 1550 joints from american iron offroad? Branik is the obvious best choice but for the $100 a piece savings, it has me wondering about them. Real world experience with them?

We carry their ball joint delete kits, but haven't messed with their 1550 Ujoints yet.

run far away from IMS

Also, Big bell is the best 1550 sized joint :smokin:

run far away from IMS

Also, Big bell is the best 1550 sized joint :smokin:
I'll sell branik 1550s for $700.

If the wait for big bells didn't suck they'd be cool... sold a customer some 40 spline 1550s that's been waiting since April for rcvs. But I guess if your not a racer or YouTuber your at the end of the line

On the subject of axle shafts....looking at rear full float flanged 35 spline axles for a Dana 60/D70. Are Yukons 4340 w/ lifetime warranty the best out of Nitros "chromoly" with 5 year warranty or Dutchman's 4130 w/ lifetime warranty? Dutchman has cut splines instead of rolled like Yukon and I believe 4340 is higher strength than 4130 (or at least has more carbon in the formulation). It sounds like Nitros are cut spline and heat treated after they're cut.

Price on the Dutchman's is attractive at $425 for the pair. The Yukon/Nitro are both cut to length (used them before in Yukon brand with no issues)...but run $320 a piece for Yukon and $229 each for the Nitros.

Any opinions? I'm leaning towards the Yukons in this instance in spite of the higher cost.

Oh FYI Dutchman floating 4340 shafts with ends are less than the price of Yukon cut to fit...
Screenshot_20240225-210416_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jon was breaking them in his rear 60 frequently. I mean he had 42s but they broke real easy!

I've heard some people say the Yukon cut to fit are weaker than stock :laughing:

Truth.

My buddy wheeled his jeep with stock 14b shafts and 42" stickies for years and finally twisted the splines so much that he had to get new ones, so he went with Yukon. He broke a new Yukon shaft on the 3rd trip out not even doing anything stupid.

Oh FYI Dutchman floating 4340 shafts with ends are less than the price of Yukon cut to fit...
Screenshot_20240225-210416_Samsung Internet.jpg
What's up with the giant nut on the end? That looks like a much better way to go...though I'm not following why it's a 2 piece. Sounds like the shaft could be Hy-Tuf and the flange could be 4340??

Truth.

My buddy wheeled his jeep with stock 14b shafts and 42" stickies for years and finally twisted the splines so much that he had to get new ones, so he went with Yukon. He broke a new Yukon shaft on the 3rd trip out not even doing anything stupid.
Wonder if the newer ones had lower quality? I've read that Yukon has gone downhill a lot from back in the day, though I never thought they were super high quality to begin with; more budget friendly, made in India stuff that was slightly stronger than stock due to improved materials but with questionable QC/purity.

I've read that Yukon has gone downhill a lot from back in the day, though I never thought they were super high quality to begin with; more budget friendly, made in India stuff that was slightly stronger than stock due to improved materials but with questionable QC/purity.

I believe that's what has happened with Yukon. I honestly can't say that I know anyone running old ass Yukons that have had many problems yet guys with the newer Yukon stuff break their shit way more frequently.

I believe that's what has happened with Yukon. I honestly can't say that I know anyone running old ass Yukons that have had many problems yet guys with the newer Yukon stuff break their shit way more frequently.
Could also be that I drive like a bitch....but I've trapped the rear tires under some really nasty undercuts and gotten away with it, so maybe I'm just lucky. God looks out for us morons, thankfully.

Top Back Refresh