What's new

Which conspiracy theories do you believe?

Which conspiracy theories do you believe.

• Total voters
When I was a kid in the 80's, I was all into military tech(what boy isn't?). I convinced my parents to buy all those cool military picture books with f16s and Abrams tanks and aircraft carriers and all that in them. Without fail they all had a speculative section with an "artist's rendering" of what the supposed Soviet tech was. All of it was the coolest scifi chit- massive submarine bases, stealth planes, crazy space weapons. It was the unknown and human imagination left to run wild with no actual facts can come up with some amazing things. Turns out it was all a bunch of hooey and the Soviet military was really held together with bailing wire and half-assed commie QA.

I believe we attribute the same sort of magic and voodoo to what our own defense contractors are doing behind closed doors. In reality, I don't believe that one side of Boeing is teleporting things through wormholes while another side can't keep a door on their passenger airplanes.

And this is what makes government run conspiracy theories hard to believe.

Is it really possible that so many people could keep something secret for so long?

On top of that...as inept and incompetent as our .gov is, could they really pull some of this crap off?

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 8.47.05 AM.png

And this is what makes government run conspiracy theories hard to believe.

Is it really possible that so many people could keep something secret for so long?

On top of that...as inept and incompetent as our .gov is, could they really pull some of this crap off?

They have unlimited money, they own the courts and the cops and the media and have zero issue harming people or threatening harm to people. A whistle-blower starts to come forward, maybe he comments to his superior that something is unethical, so now his communications are 100% monitored. He's starting to look up whistle-blower laws, or searching how to contact Alex Jones.

A cop pulls him over on his way to work, instead of asking for license and registration, the cop pulls out his phone, holds it up, and shows a POV video of someone walking thru his house the night before, going room to room, making sure everyone was tucked in. The security system was bypassed, the dog was drugged and out for 3 hours, guy stoops down and rubs his belly to get the point across.

The "cop " asks him if he understands the situation and the ramifications of rocking the boat. No more whistle-blower.

That's a relatively small expenditure.

Hell, it doesn't even need to be all of that. The "cop" could show him a video of epstein being strangled and the moon landing being filmed in a Hollywood basement, JFKs driver turning around and shooting Kennedy and the video of the Boeing whistle-blower killing himself, then telling him how insignificant his death would be.

They have unlimited money, they own the courts and the cops and the media and have zero issue harming people or threatening harm to people. A whistle-blower starts to come forward, maybe he comments to his superior that something is unethical, so now his communications are 100% monitored. He's starting to look up whistle-blower laws, or searching how to contact Alex Jones.

A cop pulls him over on his way to work, instead of asking for license and registration, the cop pulls out his phone, holds it up, and shows a POV video of someone walking thru his house the night before, going room to room, making sure everyone was tucked in. The security system was bypassed, the dog was drugged and out for 3 hours, guy stoops down and rubs his belly to get the point across.

The "cop " asks him if he understands the situation and the ramifications of rocking the boat. No more whistle-blower.

That's a relatively small expenditure.

Hell, it doesn't even need to be all of that. The "cop" could show him a video of epstein being strangled and the moon landing being filmed in a Hollywood basement, JFKs driver turning around and shooting Kennedy and the video of the Boeing whistle-blower killing himself, then telling him how insignificant his death would be.

Talk about conspiracy theories...:stirthepot:

Not saying you're wrong.

No one is safe, not even a Fed Judge. Do the wrong thing, go the wrong way, against the wrong people and a FedEx driver shows up at your house and shots your son and husband.

Of course there will probably be a rational excuse as to why the delivery driver shot the father and son. But you wouldn't be able to follow up on the story because the driver was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

But that would never happen:

Gunman Dressed As FedEx Driver Kills Son, Wounds Husband Of New Jersey Federal Judge

July 20, 2020​

The son of U.S. District Court Judge Esther Salas was fatally shot and her husband critically wounded when a gunman dressed as a FedEx driver entered her home near North Brunswick, N.J., Sunday afternoon, according to local media.
Salas herself was reportedly unharmed in the attack, the New Jersey Globe reports. Daniel Anderl, Salas' 20-year-old son, was killed. Her husband, Mark Anderl, a criminal defense attorney and former assistant Essex County prosecutor, reportedly underwent surgery at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Brunswick, and is listed in critical but stable condition.
The FBI in Newark tweeted that it was "investigating a shooting that occurred at the home of Judge Ester Salas" and that the bureau was "looking for one suspect."

No one is safe, not even a Fed Judge. Do the wrong thing, go the wrong way, against the wrong people and a FedEx driver shows up at your house and shots your son and husband.

Of course there will probably be a rational excuse as to why the delivery driver shot the father and son. But you wouldn't be able to follow up on the story because the driver was found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Forgot about that incident.

Good point
Screenshot_20240510_164508_Chrome.jpg

Everybody talks about Giffords getting shot and wounded, nobody talks about the federal judge next to her that was killed, or his caseload, which if I recall correctly, he'd had recent rulings against obamacare and the banking industry.

Ok, this is a new one for me. I was cruising around facebook and saw this:
1717014288574.png

Anyone want to fill me in on what people thing is going on with the Lincoln Memorial?

Reactions: 2JZ
Ok, this is a new one for me. I was cruising around facebook and saw this:

Anyone want to fill me in on what people thing is going on with the Lincoln Memorial?
Sometimes the internet is dumb. It's not the middle of nowhere, it's the National Mall (which is why there aren't QuikStops crowded up to it).

...this memorial occupies a site equal in importance to that of the Washington Monument. It was constructed between 1914 and 1922 on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., on land that was reclaimed from the Potomac River at the end of the 19th century....

Lincoln024lores.jpg

Looking west from the Washington Monument toward the the site of the Lincoln Memorial in 1899. Credit: National Archives.

Lincoln29950lores.jpg

Construction of the reflecting pool at the Lincoln Memorial, c. 1921. Credit: Library of Congress.

800px-Lincoln_Memorial_Under_Construction_Aerial.jpg

-from-atop-the-washington-monument-ca-1922-2A7BD4Y.jpg

Oh don't worry, I know my history. I was just curious what this conspiracy theory the post alluded to was. Sounds like a whopper if they're claiming the Lincoln Memorial was actually constructed earlier than claimed, and those are my favorite kind.

Oh don't worry, I know my history. I was just curious what this conspiracy theory the post alluded to was. Sounds like a whopper if they're claiming the Lincoln Memorial was actually constructed earlier than claimed, and those are my favorite kind.
Why would that be a whopper? Just a couple years diff. Idk.

Constructed from 1914-1922.

"Here's a pic from 1917- what if it was already there?"

If that pic was labeled 1817, the dumb question would make sense.

Why would that be a whopper? Just a couple years diff. Idk.
Constructed from 1914-1922.

"Here's a pic from 1917- what if it was already there?"

If that pic was labeled 1817, the dumb question would make sense.

I think the implication is that it has been there for a very long time, not just a couple of years. Scrolling through the comments, I saw things about native americans passing it to the US.

Someone else argued that there would be more infrastructure for the construction equipment(roads and whatnot) if the construction were recent.

I think the implication is that it has been there for a very long time, not just a couple of years. Scrolling through the comments, I saw things about native americans passing it to the US.

Someone else argued that there would be more infrastructure for the construction equipment(roads and whatnot) if the construction were recent.
Have you been there?

Top Back Refresh