What's new

Where the hell is the ammo going?

Just looked up my purchase history at SGA Ammo, and in 11/19 I paid $168.80 for a 1000 rnd case of Magtech 9mm. Just got a notification that Classic Firearms has it in stock for the low, low price of $679.99. Cheeper than Dirt, hold mah beer.

Local news (KCRA Sacramento) just showed a teaser for the ten o’clock news about the ammo shortage, this should be informative :shaking:

Local news (KCRA Sacramento) just showed a teaser for the ten o’clock news about the ammo shortage, this should be informative :shaking:
Everything they report on brings more flat landers up to my area. Can’t even drive through the North Fork/Middle Fork American River Confluence on a weekend anymore...

ugh, the 257 Roberts rounds are the real highway robbery these days.

Got any brass of that caliber you wanna sell?
i got some brass, but i aint selling it right now. not a lot, but maybe 5-6 boxes. i need that to reload but im lacking the goodness that is the .257 bullets that i use in my 250-3000 and the Bob. really would love to find some 100 grain Sierra SBTs

Having better luck getting ammo recently and the store clerks haven’t been dicks about one box per caliber bull shit. Still haven’t been able to find 12 2 3/4 slugs.

Just ordered 200 rounds of 108g ELD-M 6mm ARC, for $1.50 per round. I can't find brass anywhere, so just sucked it up and ordered the loaded ammo. Battle Hawk Armory.

I went on an ammo hunt the other day. Found some small quantities of el-cheapo .22lr at pre-panic prices (8-12 cpr) from a couple of mom and pop shops. The chain stores here (Turners and Big 5) have decent quantities but are gouging at 25 cents/round.

Turners also really turned up the "hard sell" on a gun I only casually asked about, kept trying to get me to put money down right then and there to "reserve my spot on the list" even though they laughed and dismissively said "good luck!" when I asked about being able to get ammo for it. Last time I went in there they laughed me out the door for asking if they had .22lr during the last election panic, so I went about a half mile down the street and bought a brick from Dicks for near-normal price. :flipoff2:

I used to see the so cal guys complain about Turners on Calguns but now that we actually have one here I get it. Used car salesmen behind the counter, price gouging and generally unhelpful attitudes.

They're having a mini price war on the shit pile of Wolf 300BLK 145gr steel case stuff that just came in. I don't shoot steel cased ammo but it's down to $0.85/rd with free shipping.

Capture.JPG

Okay who done it

Millions of Rounds of Ammunition Stolen from Guanajuato, Mexico​

With over 7 million rounds of live ammunition stolen, the Attorney General’s Office (FGR) has opened up an investigation to try and track down the vehicles and trailers. The license plates of all vehicles are known and the Mexican government has requested that images and data of the stolen boxes be disseminated in the hopes of reacquiring the stolen items. As reported by Regeneration the following types and amounts of ammunition were stolen:

• 4 million 872 thousand high speed .22 caliber Long Rifle (LR) cartridges.
  • 1 million 230 thousand cartridges .22 caliber LR high speed PH
  • 295 thousand .40 caliber S&W cartridges
  • 215 thousand .22 caliber cartridges LR super hummingbird
  • 117 thousand .45 caliber automatic cartridges
  • 100 thousand cartridges .38 caliber special jacketed
  • 99,000 M 7 1/2 high speed .410 caliber cartridges
  • 87 thousand cartridges caliber 7.62 × 51 mm 150 GN
  • 71 mil 500 caliber .12 minishell post
  • 25 thousand cartridges caliber .38 super auto + P
  • 3 thousand caliber 12 minishell slug cartridges

Prolly not stolen but, rather, given to the cartels in order to track them and arrest the ne'er do well rascals.... Really, they are just misunderstood mischievous gnomes...

This weekend I was planning on going to a local shop for some defensive rounds in 9mm and 12ga. Scared to even think about it. Probably like $3 a round or something stupid.

It's not as bad as it was a couple of months ago.
Plan on paying $30 or more for a box of 20 9mm hp. 12 ga is pretty pricey and trap loads are nonexistent.
That's whats going on around here anyway.

Plan on paying $30 or more for a box of 20 9mm hp.
uhhh

I got some hornaday critical duty stuff, DMG can vouch that it actually showed up when he bought some
I'd do a buck a round, with a shit eating smile

Top Back Refresh