What's new

What's your stupid buisness idea you will probably never do?

My buddy has about 50 houses in Atlanta. Mostly section 8. Makes really good money but I'm not sure I could deal with the clientele on a regular basis without shooting someone.

Ya, not doing section 8 :laughing:

I was thinking just normal houses, or maybe try duplex/tri plex's.
​​​​​​​

Guarantied money in the bank. And the amount's he's getting for them is unreal.

Most of these houses he bought at auction in the 20-30K range. He puts usually less than 10K into them. Rent for a 4 bedroom house is now 1700$ a month I think. Under 2 years and he has all his money back.

The really mid blowing part is that these people can't manage their money well enough to buy a house like this.

Guarantied money in the bank. And the amount's he's getting for them is unreal.

Most of these houses he bought at auction in the 20-30K range. He puts usually less than 10K into them. Rent for a 4 bedroom house is now 1700$ a month I think. Under 2 years and he has all his money back.

The really mid blowing part is that these people can't manage their money well enough to buy a house like this.

Good point that it's guaranteed money.

As far as the 2nd part. Most of those people are paying a small fraction compared to uncle Sam. Maybe $200 from what I've heard. They can afford a mortgage after they buy a new pair of Jordan's an Xbox and a new iPhone with each check.

Build custom tool belts for electricians. Make the belt out of this spring steel or fiberglass and wrap it in cordura so it "snaps" around the waist and uses no buckles. Attach suspenders to keep it in place. That would keep the weight of the tool belt off of your hips and still keep the bags from swinging around. Mold kydex on the inside of bags for specific tools in a specific order as requested by the purchaser.

Grow microgreens for local stores and restaurants. Keep in mind I live in the Michigan U.P., produce isn't exactly available or fresh at times.

Deer habitat planning and habitat work geared to deer hunters.

Food truck or very small business that serves nothing but pizza by the slice to go. Using a high temp pizza oven should get a slice out the window within 2 minutes or so from placing the order. Again, I live in the Michigan U.P. with the closest fast food joint 35 miles away.

Grow microgreens for local stores and restaurants. Keep in mind I live in the Michigan U.P., produce isn't exactly available or fresh at times.

Husband of a friend from college is doing this. Lives somewhere in New Jersey.

Last edited:

I was thinking just normal houses, or maybe try duplex/tri plex's.

Its guaranteed money usually on the high side of what its worth. Also if they destroy the place they wont get assistance on the next so although they are a lower class of people they usually will leave the place not 100% fucked.

Just a a retirement side gig, I'd like to open up an old-school blacksmith shop. No horseshoeing, that's taken care of around here, just people that want rustic hinges and shit.. Beyond that, I've thought about getting one of those agricultural spray drones and spray fields for people when you can't get into them because it's muddy and such.

Build custom tool belts for electricians. Make the belt out of this spring steel or fiberglass and wrap it in cordura so it "snaps" around the waist and uses no buckles. Attach suspenders to keep it in place. That would keep the weight of the tool belt off of your hips and still keep the bags from swinging around. Mold kydex on the inside of bags for specific tools in a specific order as requested by the purchaser.

Deer habitat planning and habitat work geared to deer hunters.

Food truck or very small business that serves nothing but pizza by the slice to go. Using a high temp pizza oven should get a slice out the window within 2 minutes or so from placing the order. Again, I live in the Michigan U.P. with the closest fast food joint 35 miles away.

We built out a food truck for someone at my old shop. Had to run a 220v generator to power the conveyer belt oven but it cooked pizzas fast. The best part was they always left ingredients in the freezer so we could “test” it when the truck came in for service.

Good point that it's guaranteed money.

As far as the 2nd part. Most of those people are paying a small fraction compared to uncle Sam. Maybe $200 from what I've heard. They can afford a mortgage after they buy a new pair of Jordan's an Xbox and a new iPhone with each check.

LOL, he calls them Nikey houses. They always leave behind a couple pairs of brand new shoes.:lmao:

I have been sitting on a financial app idea for a little while, know the cost to do it, but cant bring myself to take the risk.

tow truck is a good one.

that'd be a fun not actually going to do it idea.

Until you live in the north and realize that for 4-6 months of the year you're cold and wet. Best money is made from 6pm to 6am, so a social life becomes difficult.

tow truck is a good one.

that'd be a fun not actually going to do it idea.

My wife told me yesterday that I should be a towtruck driver when I retire, 'cause I'm always pulling dummies out anyway. :laughing:

She and I stopped to yard out an old guy in a brand new Grand Cherokee who had high-centered it on a snowy raised median. He was sitting there spinning the rear wheels, going nowhere. I asked if he had it in 4wd, and got a blank stare. I hooked up a strap and pulled him down onto the road. I rolled up my strap and hopped in my Jeep. As I took off, I saw him gun it hard- right back up onto the berm. Some brodozer had just stopped to help, so I kept going.

I've always wanted to own a junk yard. Not a 90s econobox yard like they all are now, but more desirable shit like toyota's, suzuki's, old iron, diesels, ect. Hire a guy or 2 to run it while I travel around picking up shit boxes to bring back. :laughing:

I've always wanted to own a junk yard. Not a 90s econobox yard like they all are now, but more desirable shit like toyota's, suzuki's, old iron, diesels, ect. Hire a guy or 2 to run it while I travel around picking up shit boxes to bring back. :laughing:

Oh, and all the econobox's I did come across, would get set aside for demo rally race shenanigans:grinpimp:

Oh, and all the econobox's I did come across, would get set aside for demo rally race shenanigans:grinpimp:

ehh, I'm thinking about stockpiling econoboxes while everyone's fixated on trucks
if the $5 gas does come along, start selling the econoboxes and buying cheap trucks

[486 said:
;n288900]

ehh, I'm thinking about stockpiling econoboxes while everyone's fixated on trucks
if the $5 gas does come along, start selling the econoboxes and buying cheap trucks

Not a horrible idea. Probably won't make a ton, but could make a little.

Reminds me of a story I heard on the radio. Guy had a truck, needed something better on fuel, so he traded it for a newer car with low miles. Had a small issue and brought it to the dealer. Dealer said "uh, the mileage doesn't ad up to our records." basically guy got duped by a dude with a cheap odo reflasher.

He later changed jobs or whatever and wanted another truck, saw his old truck listed with 1/3rd of the miles it had when he traded it :laughing:

It's fucked up, but people put way to much value on miles. I've seen some people buy something just because it has super low miles, then it turns out to be a pos.

​​​​​

It's fucked up, but people put way to much value on miles. I've seen some people buy something just because it has super low miles, then it turns out to be a pos.
​​​​​

all of mine are over 200k, one's over 300k
actually pretty rare to see 300k around here, rust usually puts them in the yard in the mid-100s low-200s

Forgot about this one until today.

Rent a big diesel compressor, and camp out at a big even trail head $10 to air up and blow the dust out of your rig.

The trick would be to have good fittings for super fast air up. Maybe have 4 individual hoses with clip ons.

I'm sure you wouldn't make any real money, but might be a good time drinking beer and bullshiting.

Top Back Refresh