What's new

What's your stupid buisness idea you will probably never do?

2big bronco

Og irate
Member Number
Loc
Prunedale ca
My latest one is garbage can cleaning. Charge $20/month on subscription and drive around the same day per neighborhood as the garbage man. Pull up and give the cans a quick steam pressure wash job and move on to the next account.

$20 1x per month
$30 2x
$40 4×

There are so many rich neighborhoods packed close togeather I cant imagine it being hard to get a couple hundred clients on board close to home. If I get overloaded get a seconed truck going.... if I only get minimal accounts spend more time at home.

i live in a real yuppy area, and old. rich retirees. a guy here did the, take your trash bin to the curb and back when empty, cleaning as needed. he did it for a summer and said it didn't take off like he'd hoped. fwiw

My latest one is garbage can cleaning. Charge $20/month on subscription and drive around the same day per neighborhood as the garbage man. Pull up and give the cans a quick steam pressure wash job and move on to the next account.

$20 1x per month
$30 2x
$40 4×

There are so many rich neighborhoods packed close togeather I cant imagine it being hard to get a couple hundred clients on board close to home. If I get overloaded get a seconed truck going.... if I only get minimal accounts spend more time at home.

I'm probably sheltered...

I pay $25/month for garbage collection to a small, private company. Couple of good dues who drive the 1/2 mile from county road to my garage door... every week, rain/shine/holiday.

So $20-40/month for cleaning seems out of the world expensive for me.

I can image a great sales pitch to the lady of the house, though.... :laughing:

I've got an idea that I think would sell fairly decently.

I am working on a prototype for myself.

Problem is I have no idea how to sell it once I get it working. Ebay? Amazon? Etsy?

From the other thread ->

I'd open a little store front copper shop in a froofy part of the state. Let people walk by and watch me make bird houses and fence post caps through the window. Sell them for that "arteeeeezinal" price and shit. Probably keep a 10' brake and shear in the back to sell to contractors as well

$20 1x per month
$30 2x
$40 4×

I used to pay a service to come 2x per week to scoop dog poop from my back yard.

yes rich people pay for stupid shit so you garbage can idea would likely work, I would have paid for it.

Hardware. Sell by the pound. Only place in town is a chain hardware store that charges per nut/bolt. Sell them straight up by the pound and have an area for bolt extraction. There was a YouTube channel I'd sometimes watch where a guy used fancy stuff to remove snapped off bolts and stuff in intakes, etc.

Tap room and bottle shop for micro brews. I'd probably do something stupid like refuse to stock IPAs and go under though. :smokin:​​​​

toss together little blowback 9mm parts kits
basically all the parts kits were fixed firing pin open bolt full autos, and they are still basically gone at 300 bucks per

put together a bolt, barrel and unfinished rec tube, fab up a magwell that takes glock mags or whatever, make a crappy wire telescoping stock and toss in an AR FCG or something
hell, make it look externally like a sten or whatever
sell them for something like $150

Hardware. Sell by the pound. Only place in town is a chain hardware store that charges per nut/bolt. Sell them straight up by the pound and have an area for bolt extraction. There was a YouTube channel I'd sometimes watch where a guy used fancy stuff to remove snapped off bolts and stuff in intakes, etc.

Tractor supply still sells by the pound.

Assuming a flat, or steadily rising real estate market

Buy 40+ acres on the edge of town

subdivide, run utilities

Pick the best lot, forever home site, build shop, guest house, pool, outdoor kitchen, but never break ground on the house.

Build the house on the other side of the development, live in it. Get moved in asap to start your 2 years, break ground next door. Garage is bare, yard is nice but meh, no shop or pool that loses ROI.

Meanwhile you utilize your shop, pool, guesthouse on the final lot.
Keep building semi custom homes and moving next door every 2 years banking tax free profit.

moving sucks, but is it really moving if it's just your clothes and couches to a very similar brand new house nextdoor?

10 home builds over 20 years could pocket 250k each tax free, 2.5mil, and you've been walking distance to work

Outdoor sports consignment shop. Put up a 60x120 showroom/office, bring whatever outdoor related item you have to get rid of and I'll set it on consignment with in store display and online listings. Boats, sxs's, bows, guns, clothes, fishing rods, etc. Get a liquor license and have a bar/grill in there too. The place would basically print money for you.

Were a small town and I'd like to open a small dinner with very limited menu. Call it the bean pot. Lunch and dinner would be a large bowl of beans (cooked the day before) with cornbread and onion. $2.99 per large bowl.

Breakfast would consist of gravy and biscuits with sausage/bacon/ham.

Simple and cheap. Of course there would need to be a good ventilation system. :flipoff2:

2BB, a guy like you would do well building and running a transfer station I think

Except for him constantly digging in it and saving all the good stuff lol. When I was a baby my dad worked for the town who had their own landfill. He wood constantly being shit home.

Last edited:
Tractor supply still sells by the pound.

7/16 and 9/16 are not stocked though. And for some, its an hour of your time between going back and forth.

Sell hard surfaced shaker screen bolts. I want to make a cnc hard surface welder for the sole purpose of putting a layer of hard surface on the heads of the bolts.

$20 1x per month
$30 2x
$40 4×

I live about an hour north of Denver, last year when I was at the farm water station in Loveland, there was a guy doing exactly what you describe filling up with water. Self contained trailer behind his pickup, looked similar to those used to mass clean cars at dealerships. He did garbage and 2 x recycling bins at each house, if I recall he charged $25 per month and I think that was two cleanings per month. Said he was so busy he was looking into setting up a second trailer and hiring someone. But he did say winters were a bitch

I say go for it

I'd open a sxs accessory / oil change shop. They are street legal here and the closest dealer is 45 min away

Maple syrup producer. (Already make 50 gallons a year but would like to up production and sell at yuppy stores.)
Christmas tree farm.
Firewood by the bundle to campers heading to the State Park up the road.

Im seriously considering making legit fake COVID vaccination cards. Like fake ID cards but none of the exposure.

I was talking to my friend who got their card about this over the weekend. The pictures of them look surprisingly basic/easy item to hit the "black market".

Im seriously considering making legit fake COVID vaccination cards. Like fake ID cards but none of the exposure.

Lots of people dont want to be guinea pigs but its starting to look like youll need one to travel any where. So why not? Its not like its a government ID or anything. Also, lets say someone questions it, just shut the fuck up as youre covered by HIPPA. Win win

I'll buy one

$20 1x per month
$30 2x
$40 4×

My trash company requires all trash to be in garbage bags or they won't take it. Because of that, my garbage can is always clean unless it blows over onto my driveway and I run it over cuz I am too lazy to get out and move it.

Maple syrup producer. (Already make 50 gallons a year but would like to up production and sell at yuppy stores.)
Christmas tree farm.
Firewood by the bundle to campers heading to the State Park up the road.

Was a part of a small quasi-commercial maple operation, makes an ok tax shelter. LOTS OF MANUAL LABOR.
Worked a small xmas tree farm as a kid. Ton of work to get quality trees. Never seemed worth it.
Guy I work with sells about a hundred cord a year of shit pine to campers by the wheelbarrow load. Math figures out to be $500/cord IIRC

Start a distillery here in town and market to the people heading into the Laurel Highlands for skiiing, fishing, MTBing, camping, etc.

further down the road, I plan on designing an automated crawler that can be turned loose in old landfills to collect old hard drives and stuff that contains precious metals.

Lots of people dont want to be guinea pigs but its starting to look like youll need one to travel any where. So why not? Its not like its a government ID or anything. Also, lets say someone questions it, just shut the fuck up as youre covered by HIPPA. Win win

I've thought about doing a trailer title business like that. Like you just pay me money, fill out a form with specs, saying you agree to construct a trailer to those specifications under license for Bullshit Trailers LLC, you promise you won't register a stolen trailer and I ship you a VIN plate and ready to sign title for $50. Would probably cost a few grand up front with a lawyer to get it all figured out but be a low overhead money printer after that.

Top Back Refresh