What's new

What's the going rate for a set of dual cases?

So getting back to the dual case comparison... What do you see for the current market price for a Dana 300? As in a normal guy, without asking for or receiving any hookups, buying a case from a classified ad or a parts vendor within a week or two. At least in the PNW there are zero CJ's in junkyards to pull a case from so the only sellers know what they have...

I see them readily available for $400. Anything posted for more usually sits for weeks/months.

So getting back to the dual case comparison... What do you see for the current market price for a Dana 300? As in a normal guy, without asking for or receiving any hookups, buying a case from a classified ad or a parts vendor within a week or two. At least in the PNW there are zero CJ's in junkyards to pull a case from so the only sellers know what they have...

Probably $300-400 to just up and buy one, no digging no haggling. Honestly probably right on par with a complete top shift with shifter now sourced the same way. Like anything else dig a bit and be patient and you can find stuff cheaper or buy the instant gratification one that been up for $400 or more for 2 months. If you think there's a ton of CJs or Toyota's in the yards here in the middle of the rust belt you're insane. Those things were crushed years ago. Even if the D300 cost $200 more it's a additional $500-1100 to make a Toyota case disconnect.

I literally just hopped on FB and sorting through the listings stumbled on this guy local and passed it to a friend.
Screenshot_20220512-234818_Facebook.jpg

Just FYI so someone can see market prices.

I put them on Facebook this morning for $900 and got that within about 4 hours.

Could have got more maybe. Had about 5 messages in 6 hours.

Just FYI so someone can see market prices.

I put them on Facebook this morning for $900 and got that within about 4 hours.

Could have got more maybe. Had about 5 messages in 6 hours.

CA market is always higher.

For sure from what I see online, and even more so in Central Ca where I am.

Tons of Asians who worship the Toyota logo I think.

Top Back Refresh