What's new

What's the going rate for a set of dual cases?

dntsdad

Central California
Member Number
Loc
Central California
Ended up with a set of 2.8/2.8 cases. Marlin Adapter with a TG V6 adapter on the front.

Going to take the V6 adapter off and try to sell that separately.

What is the going rate to sell the cases with the Marlin adapter?

I haven't been into the used part market in a while. $550 with shifters and flanges seem fair?

Gear drive cases, adapter, reduction box for $550?

I might be in. 21 spline gear drive correct. I r kinda dumb on anything I down already own.

Going to Oakhurst to visit my Dad soon.

Last edited:
Hold up for now. I think that I am probably really low on that but I just wanted to make sure.
Hahaha
How much is my junk worth??

Gets a bite in less than an hr.

WAIT WAIT WAIT,,
let me rethink this

:lmao::lmao:

GLWS.
I'd give you tree fiddy:laughing::laughing:

sadly a single complete case could be 500:mad3:

Well yeah, if I am so far out of the current market on pricing I am going to look around.

I honestly have no idea, so I asked. lol

It's all 23 spline by the way with a Marlin input.

After hitting up a few sites this evening, top case prices are stupid right now!!

I see crazy prices all the time but honestly 2 stockers and a doubler plate used is worth right around $500-600 IMHO.

Edit: I just looked on Marlin and TG and realized a adapter kit is $750 now. What kinda smack are these bitches smoking, Toyota used to be cheap? I can now bolt a D300 to the back of a Toyota reduction unit cheaper than build a Toy doubler:lmao:

I see crazy prices all the time but honestly 2 stockers and a doubler plate used is worth right around $500-600 IMHO.

Edit: I just looked on Marlin and TG and realized a adapter kit is $750 now. What kinda smack are these bitches smoking, Toyota used to be cheap? I can now bolt a D300 to the back of a Toyota reduction unit cheaper than build a Toy doubler:lmao:

Really?

Go price an adapter, and then find a good running D300. I'll wait.

:flipoff2:

Yota duals with two stock 21sp cases and a TG dual adapter are still selling for close to $1k as long as they are bolt-in and ready to run.

Add a couple hundred each for 4.7s or 23sp.

Everything 4x4 related has gone up a lot over the last couple years. Nothing is cheap anymore, if you can even find it.

Really?

I have 11 stashed away, and that's what I have left after people begging for buddy deals "cause you have so many :crybaby2:" I'll never sell another.

No way in hell I'd put together a toyota doubler again from new. D300 all the way.

I sold the last stock 21 spline forward shift for $500.

I have 11 stashed away, and that's what I have left after people begging for buddy deals "cause you have so many :crybaby2:" I'll never sell another.

No way in hell I'd put together a toyota doubler again from new. D300 all the way.

Well shit, sounds like you're offering to hook us up with cheap D300s so we don't have to buy Yota crap anymore. Right?

But really, once you actually build the D300 with a gearset and rebuild and outputs and flanges and then an adapter and a Yota crawl box it's not a deal. When I priced it out it was still cheaper to go with my Yota build.

Well shit, sounds like you're offering to hook us up with cheap D300s so we don't have to buy Yota crap anymore. Right?

But really, once you actually build the D300 with a gearset and rebuild and outputs and flanges and then an adapter and a Yota crawl box it's not a deal. When I priced it out it was still cheaper to go with my Yota build.

Not my problem other people dont hoard.

Maybe 10 years ago, now its splitting hairs cost wise. Adapters, outputs, gearsets, etc are very similar in price.

The days of buying a $1000 running truck, throwing $1000 at dual ultimates, and $1000 at the axles are long gone. Now its pay to play.

Really?

Adapter was $550 a few months ago, I just bought another D300 for $100 so I have well a few. Am I waiting for you to install it for me or what?:flipoff2:

Gear driven Toyota cases are the same price or more as a D300 now, the days of cheap Toyota parts are gone. If it's not a top shift case you often need to convert one. D300 has deeper gears than a Toy box and just as strong if not stronger out the box. You can dump a ton of money into them just like a Toy box if you want to but they hold up to V8's often enough.

Adapter was $550 a few months ago, I just bought another D300 for $100 so I have well a few. Am I waiting for you to install it for me or what?:flipoff2:

Gear driven Toyota cases are the same price or more as a D300 now, the days of cheap Toyota parts are gone. If it's not a top shift case you often need to convert one. D300 has deeper gears than a Toy box and just as strong if not stronger out the box. You can dump a ton of money into them just like a Toy box if you want to but they hold up to V8's often enough.

Where did you get a $100 D300? Everyone wants $400-500 around here for one.

I never had the cash to build anything during the "Yotas are cheap" heyday so it's always been $$$ for me. The difference over the last two years has been a lot though.

yeah some guy offered me $550 for the setup or trade for a Canon D60 camera so I was just seeing if that was a fair deal or not.

Back not too long ago I was buying top shift cases for $100-150 each. Seem everything has gone insane BUT they aren't making them anymore so it stands that the price would eventually increase.

Where did you get a $100 D300? Everyone wants $400-500 around here for one.

I never had the cash to build anything during the "Yotas are cheap" heyday so it's always been $$$ for me. The difference over the last two years has been a lot though.

I just keep my eyes open TBH. Also my friends network kicks ass and if I say I'm looking for X they will find it. We work together to make sure we have a good supply of what we need. My friend broke a Toyota case earlier in the year so I gave him one, I need something though he's got my back.

I just keep my eyes open TBH. Also my friends network kicks ass and if I say I'm looking for X they will find it. We work together to make sure we have a good supply of what we need. My friend broke a Toyota case earlier in the year so I gave him one, I need something though he's got my back.

Okay, so you got a homie hookup. That's awesome but doesn't really represent the open market that most guys have to deal with.

I have some friends with Yota parts sitting around, but nobody I know has any D300s available. The PNW is an odd place though as our junkyard supply of 4x4 parts dried up many years ago.

Okay, so you got a homie hookup. That's awesome but doesn't really represent the open market that most guys have to deal with.

I have some friends with Yota parts sitting around, but nobody I know has any D300s available. The PNW is an odd place though as our junkyard supply of 4x4 parts dried up many years ago.

This is starting to sound more like a woes me story here man, your just making excuses to fit your narrative at this point. When I was a strictly Toyota guy I couldn't find anything else either but I had tons of Toyota parts and knew everyone that had stuff cause that's the circle I was in. I live in PA, everything rots apart here and gets crushed and I can find stuff you just gotta look for it. Does a good friends network help? Sure it does but if the stuff was gone none of us would be able to find it.

This is starting to sound more like a woes me story here man, your just making excuses to fit your narrative at this point. When I was a strictly Toyota guy I couldn't find anything else either but I had tons of Toyota parts and knew everyone that had stuff cause that's the circle I was in. I live in PA, everything rots apart here and gets crushed and I can find stuff you just gotta look for it. Does a good friends network help? Sure it does but if the stuff was gone none of us would be able to find it.

I probably came across wrong... I'm only comparing market value between different drivetrain options. Assuming no hookups, and paying normal Craigslist or junkyard or online prices. And ending up with equivalent fully rebuilt setups.

FWIW, I sold a set of duals that were stock geared in September for $1300. I had 10 people respond and it sold in a day.

Yeah, it came across wrong cause I called you out on it:laughing:

So getting back to the dual case comparison... What do you see for the current market price for a Dana 300? As in a normal guy, without asking for or receiving any hookups, buying a case from a classified ad or a parts vendor within a week or two. At least in the PNW there are zero CJ's in junkyards to pull a case from so the only sellers know what they have...

Top Back Refresh