What's new

What's it worth, Rubicon tcase edition?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
Found a 05 4:1 tcase that the front out put is cracked. Just curious if this is worth anything. There is supposed to be a diy eco box available soon that would use these planitarys. I've always thought a 4:1 crawl in front of a 205 was the perfect ratios.

Screenshot_20230126_181641_Chrome.jpg

Unless someone here needs it?

You should be able to put it in an ecobox. I had contemplated something like that, but then you’re putting the higher torque load into the second case… a 205 is probably the only thing that would survive that input tq?

You should be able to put it in an ecobox. I had contemplated something like that, but then you’re putting the higher torque load into the second case… a 205 is probably the only thing that would survive that input tq?

I don't believe that those interchange with standard 241s.

Edit: from google (pbb)

It fits the Standard 231/241 Ring Gear will not work with the 241OR. 2.72 Gear Ratio Only. There is a slight difference in the early to late cut gear sets but does not affect the install into the Eco Box.

Kris
NWF

Last edited:
My buddy ran a 258/ax15/4:1 klune/205 with 4.10 1 tons and 39 red labels for a bit. Broke a drive shaft or 2, but never the tcase.

I'd never put a healthy V8 in front of that, but you wouldn't need that much gearing anyway. I think the way nwf does a 1 piece big boy intermediate shaft in the 205, it would be fine for most of us.

Top Back Refresh