What's new

Whats everyone running for High Steer?

I guess i aught to check that my steering hardware is torqued before my next trip out.

On my DD 01 DC Taco, running the keyed arms on Taco width housing & 33's. Only went that route because I needed new arms when I swapped housings (D44 to Diamond) and I NEVER check the studs on it. I use it for mild wheeling. Just piece of mind IMO.

My crawler is running original Allpro arms with stock studs, 35's and hydro assist. No 5th stud, but have thought about adding it. I torque the studs every once in a while, but have not had any issues with them. I carry a full set of ARP's in the glove box in case I need them (because its easier to swap them on the trail than in the garage). Been running this setup for ~10 years.

My comp rig is using the keyed arms, ARP's, with full hydro and 37 sticky's. We are in our 3rd season with this setup, and I check the torque on them before every comp, but they have never came loose. At the last comp, we were almost out of time getting to the finish and misjudged the depth of one of the cracks. Dropped left front in and the buggy STOPPED. All the force on the left front wheel. Took it back to the trailer afterwards and checked everything. Studs and arms were still tight. I believe if we were running 4 stud arms, it would have sheared them (even the ARP's).

I guess i aught to check that my steering hardware is torqued before my next trip out.
After half a dozen trips in the past year mine needed to be checked.

Factory knuckles with 5 stud setup and hydro assist tied to DS knuckle. They're getting worked by 37" Creepy Crawlers on low BS wheels plus spacers.

1/4 studs on the pass side were loose. All 4 nuts on pass side were loose.

Did not check 5th due to lack of access but we'll assume they're loose.

TQ stud 30 ft/lb
TQ nut 80 ft/lb

FROR keyed knuckles/arms, ARP's, FJ 80 ends. Call it good. A few years of racing, comp, and recreational 'wheeling with this setup. Zero failure.

Edit: This is with a 1.75 assist PSC ram.

K.I.S.S.

Top Back Refresh