What's new

What happened to the coin shortage?

It was always bullshit

the small organized powerful group of people that run the world, that created this fake pandemic have a checklist of goals, or agendas, eliminating cash is one of them.

so they pushed a fake coin shortage as a secondary goal during a fake pandemic, but people got pissed, little old ladies, who were happy to have socially distant mask sewing parties got pissed three fuck off when Kroger rounded their purchase up to the dollar and kept the change

pushing a sub agenda became a liability in the primary agendas, so they backed off

Local circle k mini mart always rounds my purchase down if they don't want to make change.

[486 said:
;n292904]

ETA: you can sort the copper ones out throwing them through a couple magnets, the copper ones slow down a lot more from eddy currents in them
they're sometimes worth like 2 pennies as scrap copper, so maybe worth it?

Tiny Non ferrous metals are my meal ticket You think I don't know about eddy currents? :flipoff2:

Someday I'll order the magnets and put the pile of random crap together and make life so much better, someday.

Tiny Non ferrous metals are my meal ticket You think I don't know about eddy currents? :flipoff2:

Someday I'll order the magnets and put the pile of random crap together and make life so much better, someday.

hm, bet it'd work to separate out aluminum cases, too
might not though because al and brass are a lot closer in conductivity than zn and cu

hey btw, ain't seen a box on the doorstep, you send me anything to tear down?

[486 said:
;n293342]

hm, bet it'd work to separate out aluminum cases, too
might not though because al and brass are a lot closer in conductivity than zn and cu

hey btw, ain't seen a box on the doorstep, you send me anything to tear down?

Been on the road the last ten days.

it works great. Lately the AL content is low like a qt out of 55 gal. The organic and non metallic shit is what takes so much fuckin time, sticks pebbles leaves grass rubber buckshot chamber flags wads.

for my purpose it's not the conductivity it's the density or weight that makes it work, aluminum flys off the field just a bit higher and farther than the brass. So I'll set up dividers to guide what I want to where I want.

Been on the road the last ten days.

it works great. Lately the AL content is low like a qt out of 55 gal. The organic and non metallic shit is what takes so much fuckin time, sticks pebbles leaves grass rubber buckshot chamber flags wads.

for my purpose it's not the conductivity it's the density or weight that makes it work, aluminum flys off the field just a bit higher and farther than the brass. So I'll set up dividers to guide what I want to where I want.
most of that shit floats, water wash?
Maybe an electric leafblower to kick the fluffier shit like plastic out.

Ever do anything with that bathtub aluminum breakage melting scheme?

Saw a local steel supplier that buys scrap has all the dead space in their warehouse full of huge aluminum ingots, apparently they only sell what they need to sell to keep going, and just take back the ingots from the melter as a store of money that isn't easily taxable. Been thinking lately that's a way better plan than these guys buying up gold and silver.

[486 said:
;n293376]
most of that shit floats, water wash?
Maybe an electric leafblower to kick the fluffier shit like plastic out.

Ever do anything with that bathtub aluminum breakage melting scheme?

Saw a local steel supplier that buys scrap has all the dead space in their warehouse full of huge aluminum ingots, apparently they only sell what they need to sell to keep going, and just take back the ingots from the melter as a store of money that isn't easily taxable. Been thinking lately that's a way better plan than these guys buying up gold and silver.

No the township shut down the bigass building I had been renting a section of, in york pa. worked for pennies at a sleezey car dealer and slept in my truck till I went mental and blew up on rooney back at pirate when I didn't get a joke. Wasn't even about him just snapped cause it felt like the millionth person playing keep away cause haha. Still don't know how to apologise for that. Moved to vermont and jumped back in the brass game. There's a 25x25 building I can use as a shop as soon as there's another place for all the crap in it. and the roof needs raised 8 ft.

Late last year I was talking to a VP at a local chain of banks and asked him about the coin shortage. He said there was no shortage, ever, not even close to one.
Same thing where I live. She said that the first couple days after shit hit the fan there were some minor logistical delays in getting money delivered to the bank, but after that it’s been a non issue. I manage a couple of restaurants and generally pick up coins, 1’s, and 5’s twice a week and have not had any issue getting them over the last year.

No the township shut down the bigass building I had been renting a section of, in york pa. worked for pennies at a sleezey car dealer and slept in my truck
dude
that's working way too hard

I'd heard of other people getting kicked out of rentals in PA not too long ago, must have been some change in the laws or something.
sucks that land in smaller parcel sizes has such a ridiculous markup, was just poking around here and a couple acre lot is like 75% the cost of 40 ac

[486 said:
;n293401]
dude
that's working way too hard

I'd heard of other people getting kicked out of rentals in PA not too long ago, must have been some change in the laws or something.
sucks that land in smaller parcel sizes has such a ridiculous markup, was just poking around here and a couple acre lot is like 75% the cost of 40 ac

Dirt is fucking expensive. this was 2017? a dilapidated building owned by a Chinese guy, turns out he had all the plumbing including the toilets running to the storm drain, poor lighting poor ventilation some blocked fire exits and such. But it was 500 a month for a two bay shop with a room I used as an apartment and a seperate office. Different used car dealer was dropping off shit boxes that needed engines and transmissions swapped 400 an engine 300 a trans any odds and ends were a phone call away on their account with no penny pinching. I was happy. Fucking government.

I feel like we should get a room :laughing:

[486 said:
;n293458]

it's GCC, who cares :flipoff2:

sounds like a good setup, too bad you got governmented

At least in cc there are witnesses, no worries of he said he said. :laughing: I've been getting governmented since I was 3 I expect it but it still sucks.

I wake up make coffee walk downstairs and start working. Town of 1200 from a city of 80k, nearest redlight is ten miles away. 800k acres of national forest half mile away. Plus ten rifle and plus 15 pistol Mag ban sucks but only think burlington would enforce, I stay away from there. I want a dog maybe in a year when I'm more settled. York brought out the dickhead in me too much. I miss my amigos and my friend in nj I get to visit about once a month.

[486 said:
;n293376]

I once made a work trip to a zinc refinery. They would get paid to take the slag away from the melt shops/foundries in the area, extract all the zinc that got burned out of galvi scrap, sell the zinc back to the steelmakers, and sell whatever was leftover to asphalt companies to get included in pavement. Always thought that was a pretty clever business model, getting paid for every stage of your process.

Plus ten rifle and plus 15 pistol Mag ban sucks but only think burlington would enforce, I stay away from there.

The fuck happened, VT used to be cool, what with how they never required a carry permit
dog>people
except when you need help tossing up sheet steel hah

I'm probably 8mi from a stoplight, hour from MSP (so the craigslist free section's still worth checking)

I once made a work trip to a zinc refinery. They would get paid to take the slag away from the melt shops/foundries in the area, extract all the zinc that got burned out of galvi scrap, sell the zinc back to the steelmakers, and sell whatever was leftover to asphalt companies to get included in pavement. Always thought that was a pretty clever business model, getting paid for every stage of your process.

that's pretty neat
everything's worth something, just gotta find the person that's buying and cut out all the middlemen

Like junk tires, a cement kiln just went up on my way home from work, been thinking about stopping in and seeing what they'll pay for old tires. I know quite a few shops that are paying over $3 a tire to get rid of them. Could make some actual money depending on what they're paying.

Kinda like the place I picked up 6k lbs of shredded tire for a backstop. Trucks bring tires pay such a ton to drop off, they shred the tires sell the steel and the shredded rubber.

[486 said:
;n293503]

The fuck happened, VT used to be cool, what with how they never required a carry permit
dog>people
except when you need help tossing up sheet steel hah

I'm probably 8mi from a stoplight, hour from MSP (so the craigslist free section's still worth checking)

VT still is cool but it will always be blue, too many do gooding liberals. I can't see any rural officers enforcing that shit, in 2018 they slipped universal checks and mag restrictions hidden in a bunch of bullshit. Still have vermont carry. Burlington is the problem biggest city has the biggest affect of new york drug dealers with rutland right behind. Last year the former mayors son fired a few 5.56 rounds into the rutland police Dept. Former mayor said "the opioid epidemic has no bounds." :rolleyes:

Top Back Refresh