What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

find a set of heat shields off any OEM style cat and weld them to the pipe, instant cat. We did that in high school for a friends Turbo Eclipse to get through emissions.

Blind fuckers didn't notice it not there last year, three of them looked at it. I was under the impression that the non commifornia 97 PSD did not come with cats from the factory. So I went to emissions and failed then went to the referee and he pulled the federal code and sure as shit 94-97 PSD all had cats from the factory.

I could just do heat shields but I have to go back to the same referee with a receipt showing one installed. Not to mention "the wife" failed to renew the tags so now they are expired as well.

Swapped out the dead POS "Tuff Stuff" 1 wire alternator with another one I had on the repaired and waiting on a shelf from the last time one of these fucked off on me. Was going to 3g swap but the one I had here to use has been through an engine bay fire and while it looked ok on the outside the guts of it are just crispy enough that I'm not going to bother with rebuilding it, just going to keep an eye out for one that's not been cooked.

Flat towed the Explorer all over western Arizona with a few hundred miles of off roading along the way. Cleaned it up and changed the busted power window regulator in the passenger front. It froze up with the window down up in the mountains. I took the door apart, pulled the motor and forced the regulator up so the window was closed, then used some zip-ties and a hose clamp to fix it in place until I got back. Now the passenger rear window motor is going bad.
While I was on my property near Kingman, puppy must not have ever seen a cow before.
20210319_173659 (Medium).jpg

KOFA Wildlife Refuge Area
20210324_142101 (Medium).jpg

Dripping Springs near Quartzsite
20210324_133701 (Medium).jpg

Built some extended radius arms for a mid 70's 2wd F100 the guy is lifting with autofab stuff but wanted heim joint radius arms so I modified a set of stock arms for him and made radius arm mounts.

Spent most of the day doing this and running around for some more supplies for monday/tuesday so no work on my personal Ford today.

20210403_151815.jpg

20210403_154906.jpg

Built some extended radius arms for a mid 70's 2wd F100 the guy is lifting with autofab stuff but wanted heim joint radius arms so I modified a set of stock arms for him and made radius arm mounts.

Spent most of the day doing this and running around for some more supplies for monday/tuesday so no work on my personal Ford today.

What's the spacing on the beam end of those 70s arms?

Put a VDP shelf in the truck, so I had to redo my guage pod. 30 fucking minutes pulling the old gauges out of the pvc shells. Thought flip it upside down and it would be fine. Nope gauges are 45 degrees pointing to passenger side. Fuck me and quit for the day. Sunday remade the gauge pod so it sits right on top of the shelf and FACES the driver.

Put in a S & B air cleaner yesterday. broke the damm rear bolt off the stock cleaner so had to drill it out. An hour job turned into 1.5 or so hours.

I will get some pics of the shelf and the gauge pod this week. Also some pics of the diamond plate bed cover I finished last week.

Took all day but I got it started. :rolleyes:

Click image for larger version Name:	1A88D487-48E1-47BF-8751-2183AD982E6C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	226.8 KB ID:	369345

Last edited:
3 piece .125 thick diamond plate, aluminum T welded on bottom side in 3 spots for support. Unistrut on bed lip to provide outside support. Got to buy a tig welder to finish this. you can see the L track as well in the one pic.

Over the last few weeks, here and there getting my hp 44 repaired/rebuilt. Nothing pic worthy.

straightened the housing, welded tubes to housing and plug welds.
Replaced broke pass knuckle, new spicer balljoints New spicer inner axle seals
Swapped out outer shaft and new 760x joint
Fixed prev owner welded carrier
New 8 lug wheel hubs got a smokin deal off rock auto and some new warn hubs.

I welded up the carrier yesterday and its ready to drop in be put all back together and new spring perches welded on, but today is a nice day and might just stick to playin in the dirt and work on my garden.:smokin:

I think I've figured out the Bronco problem: Death wobble

Driving to the storage unit; the right front tire hit a personhole cover/dip.

Steering wheel and the frontend started violently shaking at approx. 40MPH.

Slowed down and then proceeded to my destination.

Now I'll be going through the entire steering system/front suspension/axle.

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved."

My chevy has death wobble all of the steering components are new but.... the ball joints are not neither is the steering gear. It also has rancho 5000 shocks. Interesting enough it happens between 25 and 40 if you hit a bump or dip just right. If I speed up or slow down that will overcome it.

took the recommendation from someone here to put helper bags and a sway bar on my f250 for camper/crawler hauling

finished that up and was still feeling froggy, so i wired up a high idle switch and fan clutch over ride switch :smokin:

cant wait for memorial day to be flying up highway 80 full load, full throttle and full fan :laughing:

took the recommendation from someone here to put helper bags and a sway bar on my f250 for camper/crawler hauling

finished that up and was still feeling froggy, so i wired up a high idle switch and fan clutch over ride switch :smokin:

cant wait for memorial day to be flying up highway 80 full load, full throttle and full fan :laughing:

You will like the improved stability the big sway bar will add with you truck camper.
Why the fan clutch over-ride? Does it get hot before the 'puter engages the fan? You can monitor fan RPM with torque or similar app.

This is my setup on my '14. Long travel Airlift D2600 bags, custom blocks w/ bag mount, adjustable 2.0s, 1.25" Hellwig, camper package upper overloads. 4" F / 2" R lift, 37s.
XXXbFOtTn2mbSF-mIolVu9yog_=w839-h629-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:
You will like the improved stability the big sway bar will add with you truck camper.
Why the fan clutch over-ride? Does it get hot before the 'puter engages the fan? You can monitor fan RPM with torque or similar app.

This is my setup on my '14. Long travel Airlift D2600 bags, custom blocks w/ bag mount, adjustable 2.0s, 1.25" Hellwig, camper package upper overloads. 4" F / 2" R lift, 37s.
XXXbFOtTn2mbSF-mIolVu9yog_=w839-h629-no?authuser=0.jpg

ya my fan doesnt kick onto full until 230*

once it kicks on its drops to like 190* but its a little nerve racking :laughing:

Washed it, parked it under a bridge so it dun get dirty, and made a 1000 dollar payment toward it

oh, changed the oil (well, my helper did) at 2400 miles, mobil 1

Drove it on tuesday first time since straightening the housing. Added in some caster. Used parts mike hi steer kit. Rebuilt axle with spicer parts, bought new wheel hubs and warn lockouts etc. Painted it today.

Very happy with how it drives down the road , onto motor tuning.

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_162050.jpg
    IMG_20210422_162050.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49

I think I figured out the death wobble:
The pivot points of the TTB. :mad3: 🙁

Top Back Refresh