What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Something I want to do to a Ford is put in a TC lockup override on a 2001 excursion, 4R100. Is that shit pwm or just send it 12v, diode needed to not backfeed the ecm? gonna run it through a added on brake pedal switch. just so I don't forget and I gotta figure out the scheme to make that a reset not just relock when I let of the brake. Or should I just order a obd2 tuner? I have forscan on my laptop but I'm not about to fuck around and find out with junk that ain't mine.

Put the new inner and outer rocker panels on the passenger side along with a new cab corner. Problem with the Ford is the rocker is hidden by the door...LOL
fCpgWHEl.jpg

FY2toghl.jpg

jMgFL27l.jpg

I may get to the drivers side tomorrow if I have time.

Well I got the bedliner on the drivers side, in and out but can't finish the passenger side until I do a little more (body work) bondo as I had to make up a lower door repair skin of sorts. I was tired and didn't feel up to sanding it down. I did do the passenger side cab corner and the part of the front fender.
MRIynDZl.jpg

iD8V62xl.jpg

kXLFL5jl.jpg

Got the passenger side door sanded and sprayed (lower section only) with bed liner. Body work is done as far as I'm concerned.
On to finishing the dump bed and headache rack. I picked up the expanded metal for it the other day.

Looks good, Want to do the same to an excursion?

Thanks,
It's really not too bad. Get yourself a spot weld cutter bit and have at it. This is far from show quality but it does the job and I'm happy with it. After driving it around today it has become apparent I need front mudflaps...LOL What a piss poor design, the mud and road crap just flys right up in between the door and the rocker, nice!

Thanks,
It's really not too bad. Get yourself a spot weld cutter bit and have at it. This is far from show quality but it does the job and I'm happy with it. After driving it around today it has become apparent I need front mudflaps...LOL What a piss poor design, the mud and road crap just flys right up in between the door and the rocker, nice!

Yeah I done it before, hence why I asked :flipoff2:

Should be weather strip to seal the bottom.

Installed a set of mud flaps on the front to keep the crap out of the inside of the doors and rockers. What a piss poor design.
I also cut the piece of expanded metal for the headache rack, I'll get it welded in one of these days. I think my next project is going to be to address the brakes.

Researching to try to see what heavier leafs I can swap onto an 01 f350 SRW. Keeping my eyes peeled for a wrecked f4/550 of the same vintage. Rear is getting sacked out from hauling building materials and tools, plus our trailer. I've got a set of bags for the rear, but the front is pretty beat too.

Researching to try to see what heavier leafs I can swap onto an 01 f350 SRW. Keeping my eyes peeled for a wrecked f4/550 of the same vintage. Rear is getting sacked out from hauling building materials and tools, plus our trailer. I've got a set of bags for the rear, but the front is pretty beat too.

This is 19th century technology. Just shove any 3" wide leafs in the pack. Leafs down low increase the curve of the spring rate. Leafs up top set the base spring rate higher. You can cut down longer leafs to make them go somewhere else in the pack but make sure you grind nice a nice 3/16" or so radius on the cut and taper the ends (like on some stock leafs).

Took the Flowmaster off and installed a Walker stock muffler, much bettah! Thankfully they are going to refund my money for the Flowmaster.

Installed the adjustable camber bushings. They’re maxed out to try and get this thing where it needs to be. Stock HD springs and you’d swear I lifted it 4”.

Ruined my ball joint boots and don’t give a shit. Stupid TTB. :flipoff2:

B02C48E4-5F81-42AB-A6B9-C6342ECAC4CF.jpeg

Welded the expanded metal on the headache rack, threw on some black spray paint, it looks good. I'll get a pic when I take it out of the garage (It barely fits)

Wire wheeled the rims and painted them black, looks sharp. I'll have to remember to get a pic tomorrow.

532A9739-57AB-47FB-9144-E86C4EAE8FF1.jpeg

Took it to a client meeting today. After 5 months, finally hit a milestone pulling into the garage. :homer::homer:

Got to fail emissions yesterday for no cat. Stupid emissions testing in Tucson. It seems the 94-97 powerstrokes were supposed to come with cats.

Got to fail emissions yesterday for no cat. Stupid emissions testing in Tucson. It seems the 94-97 powerstrokes were supposed to come with cats.

find a set of heat shields off any OEM style cat and weld them to the pipe, instant cat. We did that in high school for a friends Turbo Eclipse to get through emissions.

Top Back Refresh