What's new

What did you do for your health today?

Last night
Squat-315x5,375x3,355x5,325x5

Ohp- wasnt feeling it 165x5,205x5,190x6

Chin-45x5,90x5,80x5 -10

Should have done couple more sets of ohp and chins but didnt

Still chugging along. I’ve stalled out a bit on weight loss, still down 35 pounds, but making visual improvements. Still losing inches and gaining muscle. I had my first quarter ‘24 and year end ‘23 financial meeting Wednesday morning at the mother ship. The owner, GM, and CFO haven’t seen me in person in 3-4 months. They all noticed the difference right away and commented on how different I looked. That was nice. :smokin:

I got high.

Twice.

IMG_2056.jpeg

Front squats bench and rows this morning. Then afterwards a 60 min 6.1 mile lss run before church.

Last edited:
3.82 miles on the dreadmill. Was faster than last runs (not by much) but Garmin saying it was an easier run, and outside of other issues it felt better. 39.22 5K, first time in years that fast (if that tells you how much I e run in a long while). Watch was saying zone 3 with a couple times touching zone 4, mainly 140-145 HR.

Was planning on a 10k, but massive headache and stomach issues (big greasy lunch did no favors)

Foots still not right, at this point fuck it.

3.5 mile ruck with 45lbs.
30min yoga.
10 holes disc golf with the wife.
Upper arms, shoulders, back.

Joined the 1st Phorm 8 week transformation challenge as well, have a friend who has a borderline unhealthy obsession with their stuff, but between him and the program, makes a great accountability partner that will keep me moving.

Backwards sled drag, Backwards run x3

Bench 8x8

Cable rotations 4x12

Ski cal - rest sec
10 15 20 25 30 25 20 15 10

got high and played in the snow. Hopefully gets some clarity and endorphins flowing soon.

Climbed 2,161 ft to get to almost 8,400 ft. Last part was just walking due to snow. It was slushy/hardpacked and somewhere between ankle deep and 3 ft. No one knew I was here. I had my phone but no real tracking in case I fell/hurt myself or fell into some deep hole of snow and needed help.
IMG_2069.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg

It was a half mile hike to try and get this photo. I wanted to be closer to the lake/pond but couldn’t find a safe-ish way down, and I was on a self imposed time limit.
IMG_2068.jpeg

Have not played in a while...

Took a little time off while prepping for a colonoscopy, just walking each day and giving the running a rest. All was OK up there!
Back to running 6-7 miles a day, took a few short trips for kids sports that I use as a vacation and binge on all the bad carbs. Just back from the last trip and back on the low carb train. 7 miles this morning.

RunningProblem - Wishing I had views like that near me. Looking forward to doing some hiking in Colorado later this year.

3.6 miles, 47 minutes and should have been 50 minutes, but legs were sore from yesterday. 43 minutes run and 4 cool down walk. 5K was faster again, and Garmin was saying it was easier so getting faster, going longer and saying it was easier means moving the needle the right direction

RunningProblem - Wishing I had views like that near me. Looking forward to doing some hiking in Colorado later this year.
It is my personal belief it is my responsibility as a California transplant to ruin as much of the State as possible by exposing the appealing parts of it known only to locals.

Actually I just had some free time and I like this spot. I wanted to get a snow report out for some other folks. I was surprised, and not surprised at the same time, I wasn’t the only person out here on this day at this time.

3.6 miles, 47 minutes and should have been 50 minutes, but legs were sore from yesterday. 43 minutes run and 4 cool down walk. 5K was faster again, and Garmin was saying it was easier so getting faster, going longer and saying it was easier means moving the needle the right direction
Do you want to become running gay? This is how you become running gay. Next you’re looking up the Blue Ridge Marathon finisher award a thinking it wouldn’t hurt to have one.

Do you want to become running gay? This is how you become running gay. Next you’re looking up the Blue Ridge Marathon finisher award a thinking it wouldn’t hurt to have one.
Part of selection is a 5 mile run in 40 minutes, among other endurance parts. I keep hearing a 9 minute/1.5 mile is the ticket.

I am not a homogay runner, I'm not built like a runner, more of a Clydesdale really.

I am working on building a base layer of endurance and stamina, and basically being able to add to it, especially for long heavy rucks.

Cameronswmp9 if you have to run 5 miles for the test then practice running 6 miles. You’ll want a 7:55/mi pace to get your 5 miles in 40 minutes. If you run on a treadmill stick it at 2% when you run. No road is 0% like a treadmill is if you “just get on and run”.

9 minutes per mile and a half? FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKK that shit. That is a 6 minute mile. 10 mph. yeah. Fuck that. Hard. Real hard. I’m pretty sure I was close to that for about 2 miles of a 3 mile run back in March. Took a lot of intervals/repeats/sprints/threshold running at a 6:30/mi pace.

Cameronswmp9 if you have to run 5 miles for the test then practice running 6 miles. You’ll want a 7:55/mi pace to get your 5 miles in 40 minutes. If you run on a treadmill stick it at 2% when you run. No road is 0% like a treadmill is if you “just get on and run”.

9 minutes per mile and a half? FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKK that shit. That is a 6 minute mile. 10 mph. yeah. Fuck that. Hard. Real hard. I’m pretty sure I was close to that for about 2 miles of a 3 mile run back in March. Took a lot of intervals/repeats/sprints/threshold running at a 6:30/mi pace.
lol right. I ran my 5 mile race a month or two back at a 7:45 pace. Took me over a year of running to get it down that far.

I set my treadmill at 3% while running to simulate running on the road like he suggests above.

Today was pyramid day:homer: I do this only once a week now with the base runs 3x a week.

IMG_9731.jpeg

Been fasting again a few weeks now that I'm back on my feet from knee surgery. Dropped a few lbs between fasting, my PT, walking and cycling on the trainer. I asked for more at PT for more and he tossed in goblet squats which kinda suck currently.

Top Back Refresh