What's new

What Are You Reading?

Have you read the Alex Cross series? Also very good in the crime/murder/mystery fiction genre

Not yet, but it's on the list.

I generally like series of books with the same main character(s), so that is right up my alley. The Ruth Ware books have been a departure from this.

I read a ton of JA Jance novels when I was a teen. JP Beumont series. Was good when I was younger. I tried to read one a couple years ago and wasn't feeling it as much.

The Mountain Man books were pretty good. I liked having a zombie series focused on an average guy and not a badass warrior from whatever branch of the military.

1719926014650.png

Someone gave it to me and it has been mildly entertaining.

51I9BaVtQPL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

A couple other things (not like anyone gives a shit about my ramblings):

I drive a shit load for work, but cannot do audio books. They put me to sleep.

I read for fun, my wife reads for knowledge. She tends to read legal or psychological books. It makes for some odd combinations of books being read at the same time.

Funny, opposite here. Music will put me to sleep but audiobooks gives my mind something to do and keeps me aware.

I drive a lot in silence. Weird, I suppose, but it works well for me. My phone goes off almost constantly from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, so getting some silent drive time when I am out of service is a nice break for me.

What a fucked up series, I read a bunch of them:lmao: the world building was actually pretty good even if the subject matter is icky. :laughing:
Yeah manscaping takes on a whole new meaning :eek:

I like the world she built, well after the war and all the ick. It's been one of my favorites

I haven't read a novel in I don't know how long. I like non-fiction/history and tech stuff.

Gun nerd book from the guy with the 10lb brain.

51VD3QlZ5EL.jpg

Light read after lunch..

As a man thinketh, James Allen

17200429537897681978055684812532.jpg

The book of five rings by Miyamoto Musashi.

I watched a documentary on hulu about him and thought I'd read it.

The Travis McGee series is good reading.

Another one of my favorites is the Rex Stout series Nero Wolfe.
Macdonald is my inspiration. I've read that series twice and finally started writing 4 years ago.

I've been giving Louis L'Amour a chance lately and not happy about it. I hate saying this, but I am not impressed. I think my next "cowboy" book will be something by Zane Grey.

I think my next "cowboy" book will be something by Zane Grey.
Try Robert B. Parker's
Appaloosa
Resolution
Brimstone
Blue-eyed Devil
He only wrote 4 westerns. He also wrote the Jesse Stone novels.

Try Robert B. Parker's
Appaloosa
Resolution
Brimstone
Blue-eyed Devil
He only wrote 4 westerns. He also wrote the Jesse Stone novels.
Thanks, I'll start looking for them.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Listening to “the Dying Citizen” by victor davis hanson…

It’s worth a listen

Top Back Refresh