What's new

Wally World Ultra 4 RC?

Fuck you guys, you have me eyeballing that traxxas bronco again:flipoff2:

Though I’d probably feel a little less guilty when I roll over a mini ultra4 car than a tiny bronco

Do it. The trx4 is a rather durable platform. I've had a way too big for it brushless system in mine for a couple years and it just doesn't break. I toss 2s packs in it and hand the radio off to locals all the time but I run it on 4s for myself and have a hoot with it bashing.

Every six years or so I get back in r/c. I find a deal on FBMP, end up having to buy all the batteries, upgrade all the parts, shit keeps braking, I sell it off for pennies on the dollar, then come back in like six years. :laughing:

Buy once, cry once. I slang my high dollar rigs for 60% of cost to build after I'm done with them. My bomber may be hitting the chopping block soon... :grinpimp:

Buy once, cry once. I slang my high dollar rigs for 60% of cost to build after I'm done with them. My bomber may be hitting the chopping block soon... :grinpimp:

Oh, I've been there before too. I've been doing r/c since the 90s. I went out and dropped 1000s on the latest and greatest HPI, with all the newest ESC. Only to get all busted up and broken.

Though, I've never done nitro. Something I sort of have an itch for. Just no real big wide open spaces to use one.

Oh, I've been there before too. I've been doing r/c since the 90s. I went out and dropped 1000s on the latest and greatest HPI, with all the newest ESC. Only to get all busted up and broken.

Though, I've never done nitro. Something I sort of have an itch for. Just no real big wide open spaces to use one.

There are parts out these days that are stronger than ever. 7mm CroMo front shafts with 8mm stub shafts, 7mm CroMo rear shafts etc. My shit doesn't break often these days. I've been doing this shit since the OG rc10. :laughing:

There are parts out these days that are stronger than ever. 7mm CroMo front shafts with 8mm stub shafts, 7mm CroMo rear shafts etc. My shit doesn't break often these days. I've been doing this shit since the OG rc10. :laughing:

Tamiya Blackfoot was my first rig. I bought another and combined them together with erector set to make a six wheeled, four wheel drive jobber. Thing was nuts.

Tamiya Blackfoot was my first rig. I bought another and combined them together with erector set to make a six wheeled, four wheel drive jobber. Thing was nuts.

I've had a couple of them, my first was a grasshopper. I don't miss those days at all. :laughing:

I've had a couple of them, my first was a grasshopper. I don't miss those days at all. :laughing:

I still have my Clodbuster in a box in the loft. I've got boxes, and boxes, and boxes of the stuff. I must have 40+ 3300mah batteries.

I've gone from an Axial SCX10 (lots of upgrades) to an SCX10.2 (also pretty upgraded) and just picked up a SCX10.3 which will be for a scale build and planning on swapping the portals from the 10.3 to the 10.2. also have an Axial Yeti, 2 Axial SCX24's and an Arma Tallion (1/8 truggy).

​​​​​​My brother-in-law built me this RC4WD 4Runner hardbody replica of my crawler which is going to get mounted on the 10.3 chassis.
IMG_20191225_162536.jpg
IMG_20191225_162530.jpg

I still have my Clodbuster in a box in the loft. I've got boxes, and boxes, and boxes of the stuff. I must have 40+ 3300mah batteries.

Been there, dumped all the Tamiya styrene junk years ago along with all the nihm junk. I got out for a while when I built my Toyota but got sucked back in around 2012 and I've gone full retard since then.

I'm white trash on RCC if that dates anything. :laughing:

My dad bought the black foot when it first came out. His friend had the monster beetle. I have an original Tamia Bruiser, it's not mint but the body is still white and unpainted. I also have the original Tamia Juggernaut. It was pulled off the shelves a month or two after it was released because the front and rear diffs would break almost immediately. The box is opened but nothing else is opened or put together.

Fuck nitro. I also have a first gen Traxxas Revo. Although it is fun you spend more time tuning the dam thing every time you want to use it then you do playing with it. The new lipo is so much better and less hassle.

Do it. The trx4 is a rather durable platform. I've had a way too big for it brushless system in mine for a couple years and it just doesn't break. I toss 2s packs in it and hand the radio off to locals all the time but I run it on 4s for myself and have a hoot with it bashing.

You want a real fun banner check out the E-Revo 2.0. I love that thing. This reminds me, I need to get some new tires for my Revo. I shredded one the other day doing backflips on the side of my shed wall. Seriously. Drives head on at a vertical wall and drives right up and into a back flip.

Love the TRX4.

This one started off as the blue g500. Solid brass rims, CC slate motor with CC mamba X ESC. Cantilever rear end. Lots of mods. It’s a beast on 3s.

photo19508.jpg

Nitro is dead for a reason. I use to have a Losi XXX-NT and Nitro Rustler. I do not miss fighting those stupid things. Fun when they ran. But you had to spend more time tuning them than playing with them.

The main reason nitro is dead is all the new Lipo and brushless electrics run longer and have way more power than a nitro.

Nitro was an expensive pain. I sold all 3 of my nitros and spare parts for a grand total of $100 and smiled my ass off getting it. There was triple that in brand new tmaxx parts in unopened packages with price stickers on them. I'd never recommend nitro to anyone, but if you did get into it the stadium trucks from duratrax were the cheapest and most fun to own of the ones I had.

I recently started on a Tamiya CR-01 I am going to lower it and shorten tne wheelbase for a more scale look. Waitng on 1.9 beadlocks then I need shocks and to build some links.
iWe hadxa blast with nitro for a little while but ultimately it is a pain. If I did nitro mow it would be 1/5. Scale or whatever the big ones are.

Someone mentioned an SCX24 here about a week ago. I think I'm going to get two for kiddo and I. I'd go that route.
I just bought one for myself, they're pretty fucking awesome. I threw some heavier wheels with better tires on it and it kicks ass.

Top Back Refresh