What's new

Wally World Ultra 4 RC?

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
I stumbled across this on Walmart's website (https://www.walmart.com/ip/1-10-Sca...d-Adults-Toy-Gift/349375445?findingMethod=wpa)

26ec9d67-d9e4-451e-a86b-8048c88de25b.88d114cdf6e7d7691878f2ce8e617f06.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff.jpg

Does anyone have one? Looks like it could be fun for $69, and seems well built for that price point. The old Walmart Nylint rock crawlers were tons of fun back in the day...

not sold by walmart, sold by outerdo inc which doing a quick web search seems to be a Chinese reseller and the reviews are if you get something it likely won't be what you ordered.

Someone mentioned an SCX24 here about a week ago. I think I'm going to get two for kiddo and I. I'd go that route.

Losi just released a hobby grade ultra 4 car based on the Lasernut rig. Looks pretty badass. I may have to pick one up.

Just get a bomber and be done with it if you want an ultra 4 type rig. Those chicom rigs are trash.

I have a rising suspicion the OP wasn't looking to drop ten bills on r/c. I think the fact that it was ~$100 was the draw here. :homer:

not sold by walmart, sold by outerdo inc which doing a quick web search seems to be a Chinese reseller and the reviews are if you get something it likely won't be what you ordered.

Yeah. Walmart is tying to be Amazon, so there's all kinds of weird shit on there.

It has some tiny little 380 size motors and no real steering servos or speed control. It is either full throttle “which is almost nothing” or no throttle. Steering is either full straight, full left ir full right. It is so guttless I dont think it can even climb up a standard curb.

It will flex like crazy but thats it. It will look cool if you place it all flexed out on a rock. But I am here to tell you it cant get itself in that cool position.

I got my son an ECX Temper crawler a few years ago. It was not too expensive but it crawled pretty good right out of the box and could be modded easily. I see those are NLA but Im sure if you look at a hobby shop you can find something comparable.

Looks like cheap shit ripoff of the axial bomber, well at least the looks, definitely not the mechanicals. I'd give it a hard pass.

If you do want a decent cheap crawler, the RGT Rockhammer is pretty good but will probably be more like $160.

20191225_113942.jpg

20191225_113839.jpg

Get the Axial version of the bomber. Buy once, cry once and have a ton of fun without it breaking...... Right after you replace the steering servo. :laughing:

Get the Axial version of the bomber. Buy once, cry once and have a ton of fun without it breaking...... Right after you replace the steering servo. :laughing:

And the links, the electronics, the tires & foams, the shocks etc etc etc. :laughing:

All that's left on my bomber is the cage and it's modified too. Stock sucks.

Someone mentioned an SCX24 here about a week ago. I think I'm going to get two for kiddo and I. I'd go that route.
Just did this last month for my kids. I’ve wanted them for a year and waited too long, then they went out of stock for several months this year and I had to wait again. Pretty damn fun little crawlers I gotta say. We got a green Deadbolt and a silver C-10 pickup. Plan to leave them stock for a while so the kids don’t break them, I didn’t start breaking stuff on my SCX10s until I started upgrading from flexible stuff. Good luck

And the links, the electronics, the tires & foams, the shocks etc etc etc. :laughing:

All that's left on my bomber is the cage and it's modified too. Stock sucks.

Ya, it started out as a RTR I picked up to throw in my service truck to keep me entertained at night while I was on the road. Then I found RCCRAWLER.COM and RPP Hobbies. It started getting expensive after that.... :laughing:

Ya, it started out as a RTR I picked up to throw in my service truck to keep me entertained at night while I was on the road. Then I found RCCRAWLER.COM and RPP Hobbies. It started getting expensive after that.... :laughing:

Been there, done that...

I bought the Traxxas UDR . The thing is so badass, almost an exact replica of a Trophy Truck. But it's so big and heavy that every time I play with it I'm always breaking parts. So it's a constant buying upgraded parts. Not many factory parts left anymore. These are Traxxas pics, mines tore apart waiting for replacement parts.

chassis-side-fox.jpg

85086-4_FOX-UDR-3qtr-front-left-snow-DX1I8458.jpg

Yeah. Walmart is tying to be Amazon, so there's all kinds of weird shit on there.

D'oh, I didn't realize that. It just showed up as a "similar item" on a Walmart link someone posted.

I have a rising suspicion the OP wasn't looking to drop ten bills on r/c. I think the fact that it was ~$100 was the draw here. :homer:

This :laughing:

I already have an Axial and honestly, I am over the "hobby grade" RCs. Yeah, they are cool, but damn are they expensive! For the money upgrade parts go for, I could buy parts for my real rig :laughing: I was thinking it could be cheap fun. The Axial is just too capable, so it is hard to find fun stuff to crawl on around the house, and the stuff you do find is too easy to be truly satisfying. I had more fun with the Nylint crawlers than I ever did with my Axial because you really had to work them to just get the right line since you couldn't just power trough things and the tires weren't sticky like used chewing gum.

The $200 one? Still got mine.

Yeah, but I got my 1:6 scale one for ~$65 when they were blowing them out. I thought the 1:18 versions were more fun though because it was easier to find fun things around the house to drive them on. The 1:6 was just too big.

All that said, what is a good small scale crawler these days? I remember the Losi mini crawlers were all the rage back when I wasted more time with the RC thing. I am thinking something in the 2-3" tire range with a sub-10" wheel base and maybe around $100ish dollars.

I bought the Traxxas UDR . The thing is so badass, almost an exact replica of a Trophy Truck. But it's so big and heavy that every time I play with it I'm always breaking parts. So it's a constant buying upgraded parts. Not many factory parts left anymore. These are Traxxas pics, mines tore apart waiting for replacement parts.

I REALLY want one of those!

When I bought my Bomber I was actually looking for a UDR. The hobby shop I went to in El Paso was out of them so I ended up buying the other one. Maybe I'll ask Santa to bring me one for Christmas. :laughing:

The $200 one? Still got mine.

I had three of those. I tore the axles and guts out and installed them on a 1:6 gladiator body with 4 link front and rear. Frame and suspension built from scratch.

Later on I gutted another one and swapped in Clodbuster axles. Nothing like a 40 lb 1:6 scaled RC. That shit was fun.

Glad.JPG

suspensionrc.jpg

big yellow.JPG

Last edited:
I got into the 1:16 WPL C24 Toyota knock offs from banggood. Pretty good right out of the box but lots of upgrades. I paid $47 CAD for the kit but I already have a ton of RC electronics to put into it. Now that I am a web wheeler it scratches the itch to do modifications without breaking the bank. I do fly a lot of RC and that part of the hobby is where the big bucks go. I just picked up the DJI HD FPV goggles and it was fully worth the $1200. I have mounted an FPV camera on the Toyota and that is a blast, driving around in FPV.

5f4f6d7d-d6a5-4f00-baa1-ae417efbc8e8.jpg~2.jpg

I’m still waiting for them to be in stock. They are always sold out.

drove my buddies the other day and fell in love with it.

Every six years or so I get back in r/c. I find a deal on FBMP, end up having to buy all the batteries, upgrade all the parts, shit keeps braking, I sell it off for pennies on the dollar, then come back in like six years. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh