What's new

Value of this jeep?

Just a little bit more than the second guy is willing to pay.... :flipoff2:

Depending on location, 5-7K. I am looking at picking up a 91 YJ for about $4500. 140K miles.

Reactions: DMG
The 4 cyl kills it. Itd make a nice cruiser around town or country roads being its in nice shape. But for 9k your approaching tj 6cylinder territory

Listed over 6 months ago . 4 cyl YJs sell for dirt cheap , so do 6 cups, nice TJs and early JKs can be had for 9k.

$9k will get you an early 2dr JK, I bought a stock, clean 07 for $7200. Way better option than a 4 banger YJ, in my opinion.

In East Tennessee, being a 4 cylinder, solid frame and tub, soft top... $6k tops.

Sold a rust free 90 4 banger for 5800 a yr and half ago. Unknown milage, paint was rattle can OD, had a lift, 33s, LSDs, custom bumpers, sliders and winch. Half doors, soft top. Considered myself lucky to get that out of it simply because the 4 banger and shitastic YJ axles

I'm going to go against the grain and say it's not too overly priced... There is something to be said for an older vehicle that is in that good of condition that is un-molested, not beat on, and is (assuming) in turn key condition. Most any YJ is in some sort of shit box state and is not worth the bucket you have to slide under them to catch the oil oozing out of them and yet because the current owner shot it with some dollar store paint, slapped a questionably working winch on a faded ebay bumper it's worth $6k. However, to the right person this jeep is probably worth it. I wouldn't do it, mainly cuz the transmission/ clutch fiasco that those jeeps have is a mother fucker to deal with.

I'm going to go against the grain and say it's not too overly priced... There is something to be said for an older vehicle that is in that good of condition that is un-molested, not beat on, and is (assuming) in turn key condition. Most any YJ is in some sort of shit box state and is not worth the bucket you have to slide under them to catch the oil oozing out of them and yet because the current owner shot it with some dollar store paint, slapped a questionably working winch on a faded ebay bumper it's worth $6k. However, to the right person this jeep is probably worth it. I wouldn't do it, mainly cuz the transmission/ clutch fiasco that those jeeps have is a mother fucker to deal with.

I can buy this jeep for $5000. '91, 4.0, 5spd, 115k, typical 30 year old jeep shit like tattered top and worn out driver seat. Dealer couldn't get the $5k he wanted at auction and its sitting at the back of his lot now.

No way a boat anchor 2.5/ax5 is worth almost twice that. There's a reason it's still for sale I prime jeep season.

20240320_124930.jpg
20240320_124950.jpg

I can buy this jeep for $5000. '91, 4.0, 5spd, 115k, typical 30 year old jeep shit like tattered top and worn out driver seat. Dealer couldn't get the $5k he wanted at auction and its sitting at the back of his lot now.

No way a boat anchor 2.5/ax5 is worth almost twice that. There's a reason it's still for sale I prime jeep season.

20240320_124930.jpg
20240320_124950.jpg

I agree with everything you said. I wouldn't pay 9k for a 4cyl with the worst clutch setup ever put in a jeep! However you have to take into consideration that it's becoming less common to see one that is as nice as that one and just like amc gremlins, mustang 2, suzuki side kicks... etc... etc... if you can find nice ones that weren't treated like what they were they are, now worth way more than they should be.... It's just the nature of old cars and shitty old cars are no exception.

Agreed. People tend to forget that somethings worth is really depending on what someone is willing to pay.

5k tops for someone wanting a running rig.

For people like us. We'll pass on the 5k because we're looking for a rust free non running for less than 3500. We'd kick the tires and low ball that rig at 5k.

Top Back Refresh