What's new

Vacuum Line/Diagram Help

ricekrispyota

Member Number
Hello. I have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L Magnum. I'm trying to get my temperature control unit and Vehicle Speed Control to work and noticed it is vacuum reliant. I'm thinking the prior owner bypassed this stuff and just kept the 4x4 working. I found a broken line coming through the fire wall from the upper dash area in the engine bay that looks like it runs back to the temperature control unit:
IMG_1149.jpg

I also found a T-line that was broken coming from a bit lower on the firewall, out of the cab:

T-Connector.jpg

I would like to think these two just connect together, but that would be too easy and wouldn't create the needed vacuum.

The vacuum diagram in the engine bay shows a line going from "M" (whatever that is) to "Climate Control, Vehicle Speed Control and 4x4 axle but is not very descriptive as to the routing.
Vacuum Diagram.jpg

Does anyone happen to know the routing direction and connections for these vacuum lines so I can get my temperature control and vehicle speed control up and working before the winter hits. My 4x4 works fine.

Thank you.

Last edited:
M is probably manifold vacuum if I had to guess. I would also guess it goes to the vacuum ball reservoir.

The factory manual probably has a line diagram.

Top Back Refresh