What's new

UTV tires on a samurai or tracker?

Landslide

Red Skull Member
Member Number
So I’m looking for some TSLs in 30x10.5x15 and apparently Interco isn’t doing much in tires now?!? Well, nothing I can find searching the webs.

So I’m looking at these UTV tires and they look rated to handle a samurai or tracker. I own a 1988 samurai and a 1999 tracker. The tires I have on my tracker (about a year old TSLs) I’m going to put on the samurai as the samy tires are dry rotted badly. Then get a new set for the tracker. That’s where I am right now.

What’s y’all’s thoughts?

Good decision, I was skeptical but they are way more fun. Prices are all over the board with each vendor. My 35 comp roxxzillas where 1100 shipped for 5 at planetsxs on sale. They probably have one going on now for the holiday :usa:

I see the UTV tires mostly rated at 8 ply. More then my TSLs are

Search newb :flipoff2:

Been covered a million times. Jr4x was probably the first I've seen like 6? Years ago. He just wore them out with no failures. I've ran some 32s on 2 different suzukis and a SxS for 3 years now with no issues.

They'll make those tsl's seem useless.

More aggressive or less aggressive Landslide ?

There are some sweet options in 15’s. Maxxis Karnivores, ITP Coyotes and Milestar Patagonia SXT’s are light weight road worthy aggressive mud tires.

There are also sicko crazy aggressive mud specific tires in 15’s like Gorilla Silverbacks, ITP BlackWater’s, and straight up AG looking versions. I’m happily running ITP blackwaters on a tracker, highway rocks and mud they do everything I want, pounded on them all holiday weekend and they still look brand new.

Edit: just a few months ago I shopped my ass off! Searched far and wide for the lowest price per tire and UTV Tires | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC had the cheapest price across the board by about $10 bucks a tire shipped over even Amazon. Every time I’ve ever price shopped RMATV has had the best price and for real free shipping.

Last edited:
If someone wanted to run utv beadlocks are there patterns that are go/ no go to fit over the front hub? (Spacers/ adapters required, obviously).

If someone wanted to run utv beadlocks are there patterns that are go/ no go to fit over the front hub? (Spacers/ adapters required, obviously).
I can measure Polaris hub bore diameter when I get home. I think the sxs center bore is bigger than the common 5 on 5 1/2 center bore

I can measure Polaris hub bore diameter when I get home. I think the sxs center bore is bigger than the common 5 on 5 1/2 center bore
Just browsing, the rzr bore certainly appears to be, but the x3 appears smaller

How heavy of a rig would you be comfortable running UTV tires on?
3000 pounds wouldn’t bat an eye now. 4000 pounds is pushing it with the 8 ply sxs tires I have. I don’t think I’d attempt over 4K and up to that point I’d have to assume that life span would be short.

Can am/Honda 4x137 is very close to the same radius as 5x5.5(139) but I doubt many will have a large enough center bore for aisin hubs.

May as well just go with Polaris/yxz bolt pattern anyway.

Thinkin 1st gen single cab tacoma. Think im right around 3500

If you keep it pretty stock and light, it will probably be fine. It may even be lighter than that actually.

If you want to add all the armor, dual cases, skid plates, winch, ect. Then fill the bed full of gear, you'd probably be pushing the limits of the sxs tires, imo.

The center bores are as follows

RZR wheels, 4 1/8”
All the 5 on 5 1/2 wheels I have handy are 4 1/4”

The rzr wheels easily have enough meat to bore the other 1/8” to make them 4 1/4”

The RZR bolt circle is 6 1/8” center to center. Looking at what I got here it does look like there’s enough room on the tracker f/r to drill 4 on 6 1/8 bolt pattern. Obviously that’s a metric pattern I’m converting to American with a tape measure

3000 pounds wouldn’t bat an eye now. 4000 pounds is pushing it with the 8 ply sxs tires I have. I don’t think I’d attempt over 4K and up to that point I’d have to assume that life span would be short.
Soooo Aerostar? :laughing:

I thought you were an Astro van fan? Don’t you have 4wd Astro? Perfect test mule
No but I want one. The ones I've seen have been $$$ and rusty, which makes sense since it's such a damn good work/family/utility vehicle.

Aerostar has no room whatsoever for tires. Like at full bump my left foot is within 4" of the tire with the clutch depresses and that's stock. Hence the appeal of UTV sizes.

No but I want one. The ones I've seen have been $$$ and rusty, which makes sense since it's such a damn good work/family/utility vehicle.

Aerostar has no room whatsoever for tires. Like at full bump my left foot is within 4" of the tire with the clutch depresses and that's stock. Hence the appeal of UTV sizes.
If for some reason I could only ever have one vehicle going forward it would be a van. What’s your acceptable price range for an Astro?

If for some reason I could only ever have one vehicle going forward it would be a van. What’s your acceptable price range for an Astro?
IDK. They all seem to be $4k on up around here. Considering the mileage and condition they're all in that seems real steep. You can get much lower milage, lower age, and generally nicer city-vans (transit-connect and similiar) for like $5k if you don't mind buying a 100k+ one that's all dinged and dented and had a beat interior from years of fleet service. Sure it's not "nice" by modern car standards but it's a hell of a lot nicer than the same money spent on an Astro gets you. And a full blown E-series in equally good shape isn't much more money.

Basically they're too expensive to be "worth it" compared to the other options.

I wouldn't pass up an $700 one with a blown motor/trans though.

IDK. They all seem to be $4k on up around here. Considering the mileage and condition they're all in that seems real steep. You can get much lower milage, lower age, and generally nicer city-vans (transit-connect and similiar) for like $5k if you don't mind buying a 100k+ one that's all dinged and dented and had a beat interior from years of fleet service. Sure it's not "nice" by modern car standards but it's a hell of a lot nicer than the same money spent on an Astro gets you. And a full blown E-series isn't much more money.

Basically they're too expensive to be "worth it".

I wouldn't pass up an $700 one with a blown motor/trans though.
There’s a nice one on GrandJunction Colorado Craigslist right now for $650. Says they broke the starter off the block but otherwise it runs. If it spent its whole life around there, it won’t have a spec of rust on it.

There’s a nice one on GrandJunction Colorado Craigslist right now for $650. Says they broke the starter off the block but otherwise it runs. If it spent its whole life around there, it won’t have a spec of rust on it.
If it's AWD you should be all over that.

I'm running LT tires on my SxS for tread life reasons. 31x10.5-15 General Grabber X3's I drive a lot of pavement getting to and from trails near my house, and SxS tires wear extremely fast. I was only getting about 1000 miles of use out of them. Just my .02

I'm running LT tires on my SxS for tread life reasons. 31x10.5-15 General Grabber X3's I drive a lot of pavement getting to and from trails near my house, and SxS tires wear extremely fast. I was only getting about 1000 miles of use out of them. Just my .02
What specific tires and how many years does it take you to put 1000 miles on a set?

I got 6 years 11 months on a set of UTV tires on a tracker and put thousands of miles on them, many of those pavement miles. They were some of the most aggressive versions too.

B3A62420-FC22-4BB6-9988-25792DE7AB18.jpeg
BC913E2C-CFA4-4BDD-96AC-C3D38F4404FF.jpeg

Maxxis carnivores and System 3 RT320's, both more than half tread in 500 miles respectively. Last year I put 2000 miles on my KRX, about 50% pavement.

Top Back Refresh