What's new

Useless things about your day!

Wife wanted to take the kids to a water park for a day. Ended up going to the Kalahari in the dells. Kids had a blast between the two water parks and the indoor amusement park.

Got to show off my game play prowess lol. Won the jackpot on both of these at the same time lolz. Kids thought it was the most awesome thing ever. Just had to stand there for 15 mins waiting for all the tickets to be spit out. Did see a fucktard scamming the ticket machines. That stuff Pisses me off.

48C4F973-106A-405A-BC7E-EA9936AB91E6.jpeg

Ran sound tonight at church for a fireside (mini concertish thing), had 300-500 people there in person, another 80 watching the stream.
IMG_20210905_190458142.jpg

Was fun, good music (family group with people playing a Violin, a Cello, a Guitar and a Piano), it was the first time I have used my mixer in a couple of years.

Aaron Z

It's a tiger torch mothfukle. :flipoff2:
I've heard it called that as well, figured weed burner was more universal.

Either way, apparently there is more of the nest somewhere out there as there were wasps flying around when I went out there yesterday.

When I get a minute I will probably put the door back on the tractor cab and see how much of a mess I can make of the rest of the manure pile.

Aaron Z

those are just ones that were out and about while you were killing those that were at home

they'll make a new nest nearby

I've wasted entire days just sitting by and brake cleanering them as they show up in ones and twos

as satisfying as it is, they are still reducing you to their level of productivity and therefore winning

Well............. I have a friend that i saw on the 10th of August when he called me to look at a Jeep he'd bought. Not super close but close enough to come to the house for dinner or I'd call him if I needed a ride. Sher and I called him in July cause no uber available.

Anyway, hadn't heard from him since the hurricane which was kinda odd but I was busy. So I sent him several texts and he never answered, called and it said the number was no longer in service. Hmm
Today , I look on his FB only to find that he had died on August 12th. Can't find out why but I'm really glad his family disconnected his phone.

IMG_F674A55309A0-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Wife wanted to take the kids to a water park for a day. Ended up going to the Kalahari in the dells. Kids had a blast between the two water parks and the indoor amusement park.

Got to show off my game play prowess lol. Won the jackpot on both of these at the same time lolz. Kids thought it was the most awesome thing ever. Just had to stand there for 15 mins waiting for all the tickets to be spit out. Did see a fucktard scamming the ticket machines. That stuff Pisses me off.

48C4F973-106A-405A-BC7E-EA9936AB91E6.jpeg
Places with ticket games around here have everything on a card instead of coins and tickets. When I was younger they had machines you fed tickets into. Before that they just did it by weight of all the tickets

Anyone know the book hours to R&R the P/S pump on an '03 Impala 3800.

I got a friend with one that's making some whirring noise, nothing I would give a fuck about on one of my shitboxes but allegedly they can feel a little extra resistance steering. Looks like a pretty easy in-n-out through the wheel well or beside the engine type procedure.

Any pitfalls to be aware of?

Any reason not to go with ACDelco reman?

Any reason not to cram a magnetic inline filter in the return hose?

Last edited:
Places with ticket games around here have everything on a card instead of coins and tickets. When I was younger they had machines you fed tickets into. Before that they just did it by weight of all the tickets

It was a glorious day at the Chuck-E-Cheese my parents would take us to when I figured out that if you jiggled the string of tickets coming out of the ski-ball machine just right, the little pin that pops up in between the tickets would drop and you could just pull the whole damn roll out.

Pretty sure a gigantic stuffed bear rode home with us on the roof of the car after that.

2050ish miles, 700ish of them on dirt. 5 states, 7 days. 2 beat, bruised, sore and happy as hell guys. Great trip on an attempt at the UTBDR.

Dad and I left home friday 8/27 and headed through NM/CO. 8/28 was miserable en-route to Price UT. 160 miles of 100+f temps. After grabbing supplies in Price we headed into the smoke filled mountains to start our BDR trip.
Amazing route led us through the mountains, past lakes and wildlife. Views were hampered by the smoke from CA but we enjoyed what we could see. We hammered down and hauled butt. Knocked out sections 4, 5 and 6 of the UTBDR in 2 days.

Section 6 was almost really bad. Its bow hunting season everywhere and the roads/trails are busy with traffic. As I rounded a blind corner going way too fast a truck came around head on towards me, also way too fast. He was sideways sliding in the gravel taking up most of the road. I screamed, I heard him screaming as he passed. I missed his rear bumper by inches as I hit the soft, deep gravel shoulder/ditch and laid the BMW down. Fortunately no harm done other than some minor damage to the bike and a soiled pair of drawers. We also hit a closed section of road and had to take some really sketchy singletrack around the gates. Would be easy on the small bikes. Fully loaded down big bikes though... Well, it wasn't pretty but we lived.

Monday night unloading the bike to make camp I lost grip on a well-taut bungee cord and took the hook end firmly to the eye. Luckily it didn't do anything but superficial damage but I could have easily lost it had it hooked into my eye.

We had planned to loop back to Price after completing section 6 to complete sections 3-1. The weather had turned against us though. Massive rain storms and flash flood warnings meant that it was ill-advisable to venture out into the desert. We called some friends and family and re-routed back to CO where we knew the rocky trails would be better suited for the wet weather. Aunt Betty cooked us up some amazing lunch and loaned me her laptop to load new GPS routes. We continued through the rain and hooked up with a crew of friends camping outside of Buena Vista for the night.

We left CO with eyes on the northern NMBDR route to get our dirt fix on the way home. Most spectacular campsite of the whole trip outside of Vallecitos NM. We've never really explored the NF there and will definitely need to go back. Its amazing.
Happy trails. Get out there and do the things!
1631021172916.png

1631021213857.png

1631021248501.png

1631021289029.png

1631021339882.png

I got to be the laziest hero this weekend camping. My wife is a vacation ninja and got us the last cabin at the end of the campgound. Right on the river, nothing but woods beyond, quiet as can be. We parked at the very end of the road in a little lot for the last cabins. Across from the lot was steep embankment (50* or so), with some tents about 30 feet down.
Well just after dark on Friday night I hear a V8 rev to the moon for a second and my wife start shouting. So I start to wander on over, thinking someone was doing a bunrout and I had to save someone from my wife. As I get close I see an early Bronco had backed off the pavement and was about to fall down the embankment, right down onto the tents. Funny thing is this happened right behind my truck, and I had just found my snatch strap in the tool box. So while everyone is freaking out I just back up about 8 feet, strap on to the guy, and pull right back into my parking spot. Couldn't have been easier.

Had to double washer a trans line to get it to seal.

I snaked the inspection camera around the top after I got one on and could see it wasn't compressed so I tried two and that worked. Looks like the bolt is either a little bent or the sealing face has corroded unevenly. (It's not cross threaded, I checked.) This explains why a normal copper washers wouldn't seal.

c8e44fb96b82dc8b59f502d80da743744a3825a1-1.jpg

City inspector came by to approve the new sidewalk getting poured. Told us we had to have about a foot of the asphalt(the entire 30ish foot length) cut out and redone because one spot had a chunk taken out of it(mind you, our street is fucked and the city has a 4’ square cut out about every 20’ and patched as they repair the water piping or something). Contractor said it happens about twice a year, usually the inspector lets it go but the chunk finalized the decision. I figured it was something the city would take care of since it is the street. Home owners are responsible for sidewalks and approaches for driveways in front of their houses because “they are the ones who will notice problems most” or some shit the way it’s worded on the city website. BUT it’s something we will end up paying for. I plan on looking into trying and getting reimbursed by the city for it. I don’t have high hopes though

Well I changed the #6 plug on the Ex because I could see some coolant corrosion all around it (its the plug closest to the thermostat housing). Popped the coil off and sure enough it had corrosion and some oil on the coil boot. I cleaned that off, cleaned the plug hole out and pulled the plug. It was in good shape, but I swapped it out any way. Put it back together and it fired off and idled smooth.

Took it for a drive and it now feels right. The exhaust manifold leak isnt horrible and seems to seal up with some heat. Gonna let it cool off and check #1 cyl and work my way back.

Just found out the girl that does all my insurance for the house, bikes, rentals, boat, everything is no longer with the company. That sucks. She knew the ins and outs of everything. Saved me thousands over the past 12+ years. I had a question on liability insurance for doing a little work at a commercial place, and now I'm getting the run around. For fucks sake.

Just found out the girl that does all my insurance for the house, bikes, rentals, boat, everything is no longer with the company. That sucks. She knew the ins and outs of everything. Saved me thousands over the past 12+ years. I had a question on liability insurance for doing a little work at a commercial place, and now I'm getting the run around. For fucks sake.
Stalk her on LinkedIn and see where she's working now.

Pics of her starfish?
Heh, her husband is no one to fuck around with. You drop that line with him, he'd knock you the fuck out for sure. And he's more than capable. That's why I never text her outside of insurance questions. :laughing:

I just texted her. Her husband has his own business so she's doing all the accounting and whatnot for his company.
She probably has someone she could send you too with the questions you have and use the correct “insurance speak” that the people you deal with can understand.

I don’t see what that has to do with anything. I’m not trying to see his butthole.

Come on, turn the charm up to 11 and make with the starfish pics:flipoff2:

If you're real hard up for butthole pics/video, I can hook you up with my wifes Onlyfans.

She probably has someone she could send you too with the questions you have and use the correct “insurance speak” that the people you deal with can understand.
I haven't heard anything from them at all on my question. The girl that always helped me, I'd get an answer within 30m. That's the sort of thing I really liked.

In other news, throwing stuff in the bear barrel tonight. CHeck the cam. Decent sized deer on the corner of the screen. The screen was a bit small to tell, but looked like a buck. Didn't have my SD card transfer device thinger with me to yank the photos off. The fact anything was there has me all excited.

Top Back Refresh