What's new

Useless things about your day!

:laughing:
1000014437.jpg
pigeon doesn't have a program to run in this scenario
system crash, reboot

Made it out to the Rubicon Trail, ran it in 2 days. Camped at Buck island, even went for a quick swim. Jeep did great, no issues. Currently sitting in Elko, NV. Since we are a day ahead of schedule, we are going to leave the jeep and trailer here and head up to Jarbridge, NV. for the day.

Made it out to the Rubicon Trail, ran it in 2 days. Camped at Buck island, even went for a quick swim. Jeep did great, no issues. Currently sitting in Elko, NV. Since we are a day ahead of schedule, we are going to leave the jeep and trailer here and head up to Jarbridge, NV. for the day.
The wife and I did a solo rubicon run in 2007. One of my favorite trips ever.

The genie Wi-Fi connect deal is way nicer than the cheap one it replaced in the app side.
Would recommend if you have an old non smart opener. I refuse to replace this one. It's gotta be fun the 70s. It's never gonna die.

Shout out to Rockauto for excellent policy. Ordered and received a couple of sensors and a tensioner/serpentine belt kit which I received. Except the belt was for a Honda civic :homer:. Went online to request replacement and the prompts just flowed so easily - did you get the order?
Was this the belt in there?
What is the number on the belt you got?
Ok, no prob, we will ship the right one out to you right away. No need to send us the wrong one but hang onto it for a couple weeks just in case.
They express FedEx it to me (that can't have been cheap!) and got the right belt yesterday.

So, does the whole "time flies" thing just start happening when you get older? Or is it a side effect of post-'20 clownworld? Or maybe an effect of both?

We bought this house fall of 2018. I'd swear we've been here a little over 2 years.

Seems like I went to work at the plant 15 years ago. Nope, it's been 29 years.

I was married to my 1st wife for half my life. My 2nd wife we've been married like 5 years I think. Nope... 11 years on both of 'em.

I look at these 2 pics and they're about 2 years apart in my brain.

img_1_1728658733093.jpg

img_1_1727227368815.jpg

Yabut, "Christmas season" used to start after Thanksgiving, not in fucking July :mad3:

When I see Christmas crap at stores before turkey day, I dream of arson :laughing:
This year Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff seemed to come out on Oct 1st. It used to be the day after Thanksgiving that Christmas stuff came out.

We had an enclyopedia set that went to 30 or something. So we'd push a book in everyday to mark a day passing by.
And we'd fight who got the living room chair by the tree. :laughing:

Got home around 8 pm tonight. 9 days and 4200 miles round trip trailering my jeep to the Rubicon trail. Had an extra day, so we spent it up in the Jarbridge wilderness area in Nevada. Since we got home, jeep has been unloaded, trailer unhooked, and truck is on the hoist letting the oil drain out overnight. :laughing:

Homemade compass?
just a piece of rod stock with a couple hose clamps holding it to the torch tip and a snaptie nail driven through it for the center pivot point

depth stop is separate, it's just a block of aluminum with a steel pin in it and it sucks because it is real sticky if you drag it
got to thinking that a wheel on the end of the rod would be a lot better option, like a pizza cutter wheel

just a piece of rod stock with a couple hose clamps holding it to the torch tip and a snaptie nail driven through it for the center pivot point

depth stop is separate, it's just a block of aluminum with a steel pin in it and it sucks because it is real sticky if you drag it
got to thinking that a wheel on the end of the rod would be a lot better option, like a pizza cutter wheel
Pizza cutter wheel is pretty big. How about a tubing cutter wheel?

I wasn’t suggesting that it be hung directly to the tip on a clamp and axle. It would need a frame of some sort.
ponk it right into the end of the rod with a single bolt
fuck complexity
you've got 1/2" or so of height adjustment on the clamp that holds it to the torch tip

Top Back Refresh