What's new

Useless things about your day!

Asking questions you know the answer to just so you can find an avenue to nit pick is not something useful people who are a benefit to society and those around them do.

I want a steel deck because I don't want the deck to be a consumable and I want a 0% chance of a deck board giving out and something fucking off in a bad way.

Why? I'm trying to remember the last time I saw metal deck trailer that wasn't expanded metal for ATVs or somebody's fancy car hauler. Everyone who works their trailers has wood.

I've seen one, and it sucked. Metal deck, tilt deck equipment trailer. Get some gravel and what not on it and try loading a roller:shaking:

Why? I'm trying to remember the last time I saw metal deck trailer that wasn't expanded metal for ATVs or somebody's fancy car hauler. Everyone who works their trailers has wood.
got a 14' 14k deckover with a 7ga treadplate deck

it sucks, it's slick, it's hot in the sun, it is rusty, and it is heavy

it's slick,
Get some gravel and what not on it and try loading a roller:shaking:

That's exactly what I'm going for. You have to remember, the most common load is going to involve pry-barring logs left and right trying to get them to fit in each other nicely. Shit that can drive itself is absolutely the exception, not the rule.

That's exactly what I'm going for. You have to remember, the most common load is going to involve pry-barring logs left and right trying to get them to fit in each other nicely. Shit that can drive itself is absolutely the exception, not the rule.
two pieces of pipe spanning the deck
roll the logs on those

My brother's 16 foot is steel deck.
It's nice that it's never needed replaced in 20 years, but it's slippery as hell. We've had to lock diffs to get shit on there just because of morning dew. Also makes walking on it real interesting whenever it's wet out.

are you hand loading logs? what are you doing with these logs? couple of 2x4's across would work. thats all I did for railroad track, logs, I-beams.

Hauls scrap metal, junk, etc besides the crawler or little tractor. Not slippery when wet because it got a coat of Herculiner. Then painted gray so it's not 400 degrees in the sunlight.

Fuck wood decks 95% of the time.

20220921_152557.jpg

What the fuck log is going to break a wood deck, especially if it’s being loaded manually? Arse, you have the most stupid excuses, it is like you have never done things that you proclaim to be an expert at.

Ran my kid down to Kingston ny to meet her mom for the hand off, saw a nice looking buggy behind a black dodge, heading south. Made the drop, heading back north on 87 saw a bunch of wheelers heading south. Any of you guys?

A Grom update.

They already patced the display error issue.
Took 5 days from release to patch.

This is why you spend the money on Grom and don't buy shit from AliExpress.

So I get out of my car at the airport lot. It's next to a freight yard.
Someone just had a real bad day and put windows in a block.
Hard to hear over the wind noise but that's all the rpms.

Last edited:
I ordered brakes for our Lx470 today. I was very annoyed to discover they are not slip on style rotors, and I need pull the whole hub apart to do the job.

So I ordered bearings as well. Might as well while it's all apart anyway.
those hubs have an oddly large cavity for grease in them

like, more of it fits in there than in most tonner hubs

Wood deck, screw cleats in as needed, wherever. No need to drill holes to bolt down cribbing.

Tomato tomato
That's fine- and parked outdoors with 60" yearly avg. rainfall that nice treated deck is mushy as fuck 10 years later.... 'ole C purlins will still be solid as new.

But I get it. The steel deck cost 20% more than wood. Not everybody has big money like I do.

:flipoff2:

lol, aren't you like the last person that should be giving bearing advice atm?
i greased my shit before I left :flipoff2:

Toyota knuckles that are full of grease are an annoying waste of time and money. Plenty of people are happy to throw a whole tube into each side :laughing:

Top Back Refresh