What's new

Useless things about your day!

I was tired of having to fight with my big compressor when I needed lots of air so I decided to rebuild it.

Got the kit, started going thru it and found out what wasn't in the kit (like instructions) ... :(

The HP unloader sticks...
1719997819734.png

#19 sticks badly and no change with new felts and o-ring so I took it to a machine shop.... they played with it for a day and couldn't make it any better..

I needed to move this thing out of my way so I set the unloader aside as I can install it after most of the compressor is built once I get it figured out and I moved on to assembling the oil pump

1719998032142.png

I KNEW I had to be careful with that fucking spring (#4), but of course one got away from me.. so now I have to order a replacement.

Spring is $5. Shipping is $22, So I order 2 springs because I KNOW I will lose 1 if I only order 1... :shaking:

So then I decide I will order the unloader parts (#16, 18, 19) as well... $200 later I make the order...

Now I just hope they have it all in stock and honor the pricing... I looked up the unloader sleeve (#16) from the MFR and they wanted $800+ :eek:.

Fucking mouse/rat turds all over the bus. Like, everywhere. In my helmet, my boots, on top of the fridge, on top of little charging station shelf on the ceiling above the toolbox. W.T.F. :mad3:

No food source is left in bus, ever. No random granola bar in a backpack, or dinner trash in a trashcan. i went through everything today with no luck finding food, or hive. Assholes chewed into a firestarter stick and some citronella candles...

Mother fuckers.

All I had in stock was 2 large rat size glue traps. Placed them about an hour ago. 2 fairly large mice caught so far.

Fuck them.

I really hope i catch WTF is leaving these large turds, cuz these little bastards aren't it.
They love citronella for some reason. Had two 'pail' type ones stored for the winter. Those fuckers ate them.

I really hope i catch WTF is leaving these large turds, cuz these little bastards aren't it.
I seent a few big fuckers on my property over by church/quail. Luckily my cat loves the taste of the things, but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. I think they're "furry tailed wood rats"?

Purge siren story-

At work, in one of our curing departments (think of a room twice the size of Walmart, 30ft ceilings, 20 degrees warmer than outside so 120 in the summer full of steam blowoff, darkly lit, literally hell. Literally)

Anyway, there are alarms for different conveyor lines if they jam. It's a loud room so the alarms are LOUD. Last year, someone in maintenence found an industrial Purge siren and replaced a dead one with it. It was 100% accurate with the movie. And like 128dB.

There's about 100 of us walking through during shift change on day 1 of the Purge siren when it went off. I'm assuming everyone had seen the movie because the entire crowd froze. No bullshit, I got fucking chillbumps. I can't explain why it was horrifying... but it was horrifying. A few days later management ordered it gone.

/dumb story
:lmao:

Random thought, do towns not have a siren that blows at noon anymore? Growing up, every small town did. I’m not sure if it was also a tornado siren, or a possible air raid/nuke strike siren left over from the 40s/50s.
Our town has a siren that goes off at noon, its use is for if the dam where to ever break. Its upstream and will fill the town with 35ft of water.

Random thought, do towns not have a siren that blows at noon anymore? Growing up, every small town did. I’m not sure if it was also a tornado siren, or a possible air raid/nuke strike siren left over from the 40s/50s.

The VFD in my parents neighborhood sounds it at 9pm every night. They run it for fire.

Even growing up 10 blocks from the mine I couldn't hear horns from my parents house except on really quiet nights.

At work we have a 7am, lunch, 3, and 3:30 horn.

Walmart brand strawberry jelly. Opened in 2019. Finished today. :laughing:

attachment(324).jpg
We probably have some older stuff than that kickin' around here. I hate wasting food so if it sniffs good and ain't fuzzy it gets used up.:laughing: I will vouch that unopened 10 year old Doritos taste just as good as new when opened, the next day not so much.:lmao:

jelly may grow a little mold on it but just scoop the moldy part out of the jar and eat it. same with cheese, little mold on a block of cheese? cut that off and eat the rest.

I think my anxiety about the future is leading to depression again, worried about what I'm gonna be doing in a couple months while excited about the possibility of doing something I enjoy for a living finally

I think my anxiety about the future is leading to depression again, worried about what I'm gonna be doing in a couple months while excited about the possibility of doing something I enjoy for a living finally
Every single thing you're planning right now will be wiped clean with civil war 2026. Or '25. Or '30. Either way, stop looking towards the future. We don't have one.

Kids found him. I'm all "yall go get the pot boiling, I got this". I'm gonna pull this bastard out from under the rock and show the kids. It was a pretty serious fight. I'm not going to say he won... it was a draw. I'm bleeding and the kids are now scared shitless of crabs. I think my eye's gonna be black tomorrow. I left him alone after everyone started watching us.

20240702_175600.jpg

I was tired of having to fight with my big compressor when I needed lots of air so I decided to rebuild it.

Got the kit, started going thru it and found out what wasn't in the kit (like instructions) ... :(

The HP unloader sticks...
1719997819734.png

#19 sticks badly and no change with new felts and o-ring so I took it to a machine shop.... they played with it for a day and couldn't make it any better..

I needed to move this thing out of my way so I set the unloader aside as I can install it after most of the compressor is built once I get it figured out and I moved on to assembling the oil pump

1719998032142.png

I KNEW I had to be careful with that fucking spring (#4), but of course one got away from me.. so now I have to order a replacement.

Spring is $5. Shipping is $22, So I order 2 springs because I KNOW I will lose 1 if I only order 1... :shaking:

So then I decide I will order the unloader parts (#16, 18, 19) as well... $200 later I make the order...

Now I just hope they have it all in stock and honor the pricing... I looked up the unloader sleeve (#16) from the MFR and they wanted $800+ :eek:.
What pump?

I picked this up the other day for $105... $5 auction and $100 fees :barf:

Attachments

• 20240701_153152.jpg
    20240701_153152.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Kids found him. I'm all "yall go get the pot boiling, I got this". I'm gonna pull this bastard out from under the rock and show the kids. It was a pretty serious fight. I'm not going to say he won... it was a draw. I'm bleeding and the kids are now scared shitless of crabs. I think my eye's gonna be black tomorrow. I left him alone after everyone started watching us.

20240702_175600.jpg
How much alcohol was involved before the battle? :lmao:

Pulled the head off my skid steer this morning. It had very quickly developed a huge miss and was billowing smoke/blow by out of every hole. Initial thought was that a fuel injector had stuck open. Everybody was saying to expect a smoked piston/cylinder.

Well, no extra holes to be found. Even the head gasket looked fine with no obvious blow outs (2nd most comment was it was popped between the cylinder and pushrod opening).

Dumped some diesel in each cylinder about 30 mins ago and it hasn't drained any appreciable amount.

PXL_20240704_162629727.jpg

20240702_175600.jpg

No string and a chicken bone?

I crabbed off a public pier in Chesapeake bay when I was a kid with my DAD, in the 60's.
That is how we crabbed chicken neck tied to string with a weight, limit was 1 bushel a day.
Me and other kids would wait til most dads drank a little too much Pabst and would go under the pier and tie rocks to the line and stretch the line out.
It was pretty funny to us kids listening to them saying "It must be 2-3 crabs on the line" only to hear them cuss when seeing the rock.

No string and a chicken bone?
1720214507339.png

Top Back Refresh