What's new

Ultra4 at MAO Visions Jay OK

JR4X

wheeler
race
Member Number
Loc
Farmington NM
One of the coolest events I’ve ever been to. Anybody coming to see the spectacle? Hands down best spectator experience at a race I’ve ever seen.

AC406190-46FD-4798-8453-C793DB977E5B.jpeg

I wish I was going to make it to Visions again this year, but sadly I picked the wrong machine shop to redress my motor… 40 days past the promised return date and it’s still in pieces…

Well, my powerstroke engine blew up on the trip out. Had to get a rescue and borrow a truck. I made it to the track with 20 minutes to piss, put on my fire suit and line up to qualify. I didn’t even get to walk the qualifying course, first time seeing it was under the green flag and 30 hours without sleep. Needless to say we all 3 didn’t qualify worth a fuck. Dad rolled. I got the slowest time in 4600. Kevin got the slowest time in UTV.

Kevin races 3 to 5 today, I race 5 to 7 today and dad runs 10 to 12 tomorrow

Bummer. Sucks you can't get a night of sleep before jumping in the car. I'm sure once you belt up, the tired will be forgotten.

Well, my powerstroke engine blew up on the trip out. Had to get a rescue and borrow a truck. I made it to the track with 20 minutes to piss, put on my fire suit and line up to qualify. I didn’t even get to walk the qualifying course, first time seeing it was under the green flag and 30 hours without sleep. Needless to say we all 3 didn’t qualify worth a fuck. Dad rolled. I got the slowest time in 4600. Kevin got the slowest time in UTV.

Kevin races 3 to 5 today, I race 5 to 7 today and dad runs 10 to 12 tomorrow

With luck like that I'm expecting one of you guys to pull off a win. In my experience that's usually how it works.

Good luck, and remember.... Drive fast and take chances. :smokin:

Been watching some of the coverage from the house but would like to go out there one day to check it out.

I had it on for a few minutes last night. Watched a little SXS race while James Cantrell was in the announcer booth. Didn't seem like much coverage on course. Flipped on the 4600 race and saw top 3 including JR4X cross the finish line. Similar, only drone shot was just before the finish.

Congrats on 3rd place JR4X, especially knowing the fight you were in just to get there.

Much better coverage today of both the EMC class and 4400 vs yesterday’s coverage. Had a fuel system failure in the 4500 car, so DNF. We’re pitting for the Campbell’s today.

Wayland blew a coolant line and we pulled it out of the way into the pits so if any of the other 3 cars came in it would be out of the way. Well apparently we moved it to far and they disqualified Wayman for us working on the car outside of the hot pit.

We’ve changed one tire for Brian Crofts. We’ve changed one for Bailey, fueled Shannon. They are currently 5th 6th 7th Brian Bailey Shannon. Good stuff.

Wayland blew a coolant line and we pulled it out of the way into the pits so if any of the other 3 cars came in it would be out of the way. Well apparently we moved it to far and they disqualified Wayland for us working on the car outside of the hot pit.

That's not cool....

That's not cool....
Yeah, didn’t know there was a feet past the tarp rule. It’s an LS low on coolant and boiling over. We might have had good chance at getting it back on course but not quickly. He finished exactly one lap and got DQ’d for something that seems a little silly. But it was USAC that came over and told us he’s out of the race for taking outside assistance. WTF. We were still in the pit area.

Yeah, didn’t know there was a feet past the tarp rule. It’s an LS low on coolant and boiling over. We might have had good chance at getting it back on course but not quickly. He finished exactly one lap and got DQ’d for something that seems a little silly. But it was USAC that came over and told us he’s out of the race for taking outside assistance. WTF. We were still in the pit area.
That’s super interesting considering all the other things they let fly during a race.

Kinda like sending Woody out for another lap that no one else had to run.

Top Back Refresh