What's new

Ultra 70 axles by dstrac?

Surprised other haven't heard of them. Been around for awhile but they were located in Brazil, looks like they got stuff coming State side now. Interesting stuff, I like it.

Huh. $8500. Goals!

ortalnew_eb145f98-97e0-4b7f-b19c-9f8023d1e13b_720x.png

Equipped with our housing DS76. Code 76 derives from an innovative housing design where a 60 or 70 ring can be mounted, but with a reduced external size.
In the 70 ring with a 10.5" diameter there is a 10,500Nm and 6500lbs capacity.
  • Tires up to 46"
  • Portal Gear reduction 1:1.20
  • Portal housing and Gears made from 4340 Chromoly
  • Will lift the car 4" with stock suspension.
  • Heavy Duty 88.9mm/3.5" diameter, 11mm/0.43" wall axle tubes.
  • Dstrac size 70 Knuckles.
  • Dstrac 38mm/1.50" 35-spline 4340 Chromoly axleshafts
  • Dstrac 2.5ton style U-joints made of 4340 chromoly
  • Dstrac Forged Yoke with size options
  • 70 Portal hubs with 38mm splines output diameter 42mm/1.65"
  • High steer for full hydro option
  • Vented rotor disc brake assemblies
  • 8 bolt pattern available.
  • Dstrac Abs retrofit (available for some models)
  • HD Steel cover with magnetic bolt
  • Special triple seal to prevent water and clay from entering the axle
  • Heavy Duty 13.2" vented Rotors brake assemblies
  • Dstrac DSlocker with 6 year warranty
  • Dstrac HD uniball Steering system with upper uniball link to ease client steering link setup.
  • Optional Hydro Steering Kit.
  • 620lbs total weight
Our USA warehouse is equipped with stock of spare parts and our axles are compatible with Spicer parts. If you have already a 35 spline locker and gears you can use it on our axles.
Pictures may vary from the product that you will receive.
This axle is fully customizable per client needs. Please send us a email to [email protected] with all your specs so that we can quote you.
ETA 6/7 Weeks

Huh. $8500. Goals!

Could save a few hundred on this :flipoff2:

:homer:

Could save a few hundred on this :flipoff2:

:homer:
on the bright side a 4cyl 3rd with a detroit is the same price as a hp 3rd with arb so you dont have to pay extra :lmao:

Been following them awhile on insta. One thing I've noticed is they don't specify what parts they actually use. Things like what u-joints are in it. People constantly ask in the comments and the only thing dstrac says is "lifetime warranty" or something along the lines of "you'll never break it, so you don't need to know what joints are in it". I wouldn't want to buy an axle just to find out I can't get parts locally.

Been following them awhile on insta. One thing I've noticed is they don't specify what parts they actually use. Things like what u-joints are in it. People constantly ask in the comments and the only thing dstrac says is "lifetime warranty" or something along the lines of "you'll never break it, so you don't need to know what joints are in it". I wouldn't want to buy an axle just to find out I can't get parts locally.

I wouldn't buy them just based on that type of response.

"lifetime warranty" has never really worked out all that well in the wheelin industry anyway.

They do a lot of advertising on instagram. Been around about a year. They claim to make everying in house and have parts available. I have never seen what brakes they use. If you have questions the best way to get them is a pm on instagram. They just came out with a transfer case they claim is 50% stronger than an atlas but from what I have seen is only 2:1 reduction. They use 4340 forged u-joints with 42mm caps.

Its nice to have another company out there as competition keeps pricing in check and leads to innovation.

Tell that to RCV.

Fair point, I've heard mixed reviews with their warrantys though.

If its not toyota he is not interested. ignorance is bliss in his world.

:lmao:

You obviously don't actually read my posts. I rarely advocate for Toyotas any more. They have always treated me great, but I'll probably never buy another at the stupid prices they are now.

I'm also always telling people that scratch built Toyota axles are a huge waste of money. I even did it in this thread, on this page! Nice try though :laughing:

looked like you were promoting the toyota axle as a better deal in this thread.

Guess you missed the sarcasm, that's what the :flipoff2: and :homer: were for :flipoff2:

Toyota axles can be decent for light rigs, but $8k is more than we used to have in our whole rig back in the day :laughing:

$8500 for that portal axle is pretty cheap actually. You're not going to find almost any all new axle for much less. I'm guess that you don't actually get everything in the Pic for that price.

I’ve been following myself for a while. I have had some curries on order since August and still have no answer of when they will be ready. E lockers are on back order. So I switched to Air lockers. Now the front shafts are on back order. It’s been very frustrating. They guys have a killer deal. They offer air at a discount with a free compressor to go with it. Free RPM steering.

Attachments

• 8A9941FC-7BB1-4C55-AC3F-F899C8DCC948.png
    8A9941FC-7BB1-4C55-AC3F-F899C8DCC948.png
    356.7 KB · Views: 132
Figured I'd bump this to see if anyone has cone across these axles out in the wild.

What's the allure if not going with one of their portal setups? Cant you get similar build package for a 60/70 from dynatrac and not overseas?

Tie rod ends, calipers, yoke, axle shaft, axle joint, seals.
So you’re saying rod ends, axle shafts, u-joints, seals, calipers, etc, are proprietary?

Unless they’re making all those items in house and they’re all 1 off I don’t see a problem with replacing parts.

I don’t expect to walk into auto-zone and pick up a short side axle shaft for my 14 bolt front.

Top Back Refresh