What's new

Two Oregon counties vote to join Idaho to become "Greater Idaho

bigun

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Mountainair, NM
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/202...-idaho-n275745

Meanwhile, Two Conservative Oregon Counties Are SO OVER Blue State Life, They Just Voted to Join Idaho

By Mike Miller | Nov 05, 2020 10:00 PM ET

How tired are conservative, rural Oregonians of dictatorial leftist Gov. Kate Brown, Antifa-apologist Mayor Ted Wheeler and riot-torn Portland, and the whole “People’s Republic of Oregon” “progressive” mess? Tired enough to vote to become part of next-door Idaho.

As reported by Forbes, two conservative Oregon counties approved a non-binding ballot measure to “Move Oregon’s Borders” that will require county officials to hold meetings about the counties leaving the state to become part of their deep-red neighbor.

Advocates with “Move Oregon’s Border for a Greater Idaho” were able to get the measure on the ballot, according to Forbes, as part of a “peaceful revolution” for more conservative parts of the state to join Idaho, which was part of a long-shot movement to expand land-locked Idaho’s border to the Pacific Ocean, and annex most of Oregon as they do it.

Voters in Union and Jefferson counties, two rural counties in northern Oregon, narrowly passed the ballot measure, while the measure failed in two other counties.

“In the United States, the differences between liberal and conservative […] there’s hatred there,” said Mike McCarter, the chief petitioner of the ballot measure in Union and Jefferson counties. “Populated urban areas are controlling the mass of everybody,” the 73-year-old retired gun club manager said.

In what would be a geographical problem, neither county borders Idaho. Union County is in the northeastern part of the state while Jefferson County is in the middle of the western half. Nonetheless, they’ve had enough of life in the “utopian” blue state.

By comparison, Oregon, whose politics are dominated by left-wing Portland, hasn’t voted Republican in a presidential election since supporting Republican incumbent President Ronald Reagan in 1984, while Idaho to the east last voted for a Democrat presidential candidate in 1964, throwing its support behind incumbent Lyndon Johnson, who assumed the presidency after the assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963.

The vote was largely symbolic; a proposal to change the counties’ borders would require the consent of the state government and Congress. Steven Beda, associate history professor at the University of Oregon, said while the proposal is unlikely to succeed, it “speaks to a larger political divide in places like Oregon that we should take seriously.”

“It speaks to this longer history of many people in rural Oregon feeling that their identity, as well as the politics and economy, don’t align with the big cities,” Beda said. “That’s the story of American politics.”

Not to quibble with Steven Beda, but that feeling is not the sole property of the good people of rural Oregon. Tens of millions of conservative Americans continue to witness the insidiousness of the Left’s never-ceasing efforts to destroy America as we know it, one bite at a time. Problem is, we can’t all become part of Idaho to escape it.

Therefore, we must defeat it.

Ross Burkhart
@rburkha
·
Oct 29
For those interested in my view on parts of Oregon moving to Idaho .... Greater Idaho idea gets a vote https://lagrandeobserver.com/news/local/greater-idaho-idea-gets-a-vote/article_0d374c4e-17d1-11eb-8f21-f74a39bf02da.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twi tter&utm_campaign=user-share… via
@lagrandenews

Greater Idaho idea gets a vote
UNION COUNTY — Union County voters can decide whether they want their county commissioners to hold public meetings to discuss shifting the Idaho border to encompass most of Oregon and
lagrandeobserver.com

To entertain those of you still waiting for presidential results, here's how four Oregon counties voted on whether to begin planning secession to join Greater Idaho. Douglas County 43% yes-57% no; Jefferson 51-49 in favor; Union 52-48 in favor; Wallowa measure fell by >50 votes.

Tom Banse

@TomBanse
·
Nov 4
Two wins & two losses is not stopping the Move Oregon's Border for a Greater Idaho campaign. An early morning press release says the group will continue to circulate petitions to get measures on the May 2021 ballot in 11 additional Oregon counties: https://facebook.com/GreaterIdaho/posts/205509680966639?__cft__[0]=AZV32Jh9OPPXm1kZJHyG7LxQyPpoAqhIbXTA8l6SBUTxXGPxG 1rWgPRKJ3X41k8qRECK2akTLeLQPnE4Rghiv-YIclQoFV385aWtv10-8yMZ1PFLzfdOoiQGg19D0bZsvzOJYilau3jK8GJDsLrKnvIU&_ _tn__=%2CO%2CP-R… #orpol
:flipoff2:

The liberal majorities will never allow it to happen, especially California would never voluntarily let the counties in the north leave as shown on that map.

I don't think it works like that but I can appreciate the effort.

Like most things it's symbolic trying to make the idiots in charge relize not everybody agrees with them, but their to stupid to get the message

I don't think it works like that but I can appreciate the effort.

In the shitshow that is 2020 I say go for it. Tell the state you're out and they can kindly fuck off. Maybe they can get the orange man to endorse them to really gum it up.

My mom has lived in Plumas county Ca since 1985. She is LEFT AS FUCK. That being said, she has been very vocal on the "State of Jefferson" at her local community meetings. Against I might add.

Idaho will be Blue in a few years, about a year after Texas :stirthepot:

they need to form their own state, rather than "joining Idaho"

hell, let's shift the borders of Jefferson, cut off a whole bunch of those CA counties that have fallen, and snake up and take the eastern Oregon lands

My mom has lived in Plumas county Ca since 1985. She is LEFT AS FUCK. That being said, she has been very vocal on the "State of Jefferson" at her local community meetings. Against I might add.

against :shaking: well, maybe it will go through and she can move to "the city" and join all her friends. or if she wants to be rural, the Santa Cruz mountains

What about eastern WA? We are red as hell other than Walla Walla county due to the college's up there fucking shit up...

I really don't get why people in these cities that had all the "peaceful protests" would vote for the thugs that were responsible for the "peaceful protesting"........Surely. most people in these cities don't agree with it.

I understand their thought process, but who in those counties is enforcing legislation/politics that they dont agree with? I doubt local law or sheriffs in BFE really give a shit what PDX has to say. Certainly no one from PDX is driving their 40k subaru out of their gentrified 500k 1000sq ft home driveway to fuck with the rural folk 4-5hrs away. There too much "comfort" to leave.

I can see the rural counties not wanting to be associates, tough though. There is plenty people i dont associate with,but work with.

Ive been all over oregon, no rich whitie from their safe zone in pdx is going out of their way to enforce anything in the rural counties AND no rural local born and raised LEO gives a shit what talking heads have to say in PDX. Too much separation, maybe im naive but no one from eugene, bend, pdx will enforce anything on country folk in the rest of the state.

Oregon isnt going to give up half their land lol. Its a big fuckin state

I understand their thought process, but who in those counties is enforcing legislation/politics that they dont agree with? I doubt local law or sheriffs in BFE really give a shit what PDX has to say. Certainly no one from PDX is driving their 40k subaru out of their gentrified 500k 1000sq ft home driveway to fuck with the rural folk 4-5hrs away. There too much "comfort" to leave.

I can see the rural counties not wanting to be associates, tough though. There is plenty people i dont associate with,but work with.

Ive been all over oregon, no rich whitie from their safe zone in pdx is going out of their way to enforce anything in the rural counties AND no rural local born and raised LEO gives a shit what talking heads have to say in PDX. Too much separation, maybe im naive but no one from eugene, bend, pdx will enforce anything on country folk in the rest of the state.

Oregon isnt going to give up half their land lol. Its a big fuckin state

Big city voters enact legislation and laws that they want whether the rural people want them or not it is state wide and rural counties have no choice. So yea you're naive to think it doesn't matter. :homer:

Big city voters enact legislation and laws that they want whether the rural people want them or not it is state wide and rural counties have no choice. So yea you're naive to think it doesn't matter. :homer:

absogoddamnlutely.

if anybody cracks the way of getting city people to convert, post it up.

i don't know how our failures with covid and chaz resulted in Inslee getting elected for the 3rd time :shaking: what in the fuck WA :confused: does all of seattle need to physically collapse?

Has it not been like this for many years in oregon specifically? I know there are more states like oregon were a couple big cities in the state dominate legislation.

My opinion is that most those rural people have not had to actually deal with any of the big city bs. Its mostly the people in or closer to those areas that have to deal with any backwards legislation.

Shaniko...condon...some of those very rural areas in oregon have not been impacted by portlands voter base, i would guess....forever. Its like living in the 30s out there still. That is all im saying, portland has been weird for a long time. I dont know how long portlands voter base has dominated the state but i would gusss for a while. Portland has been weird for awhile and life has gone on, maybe things are in for a real change...but i believe life will go on.

Living in portand is a struggle and hope to have a new place in oregon at least an hour away from this city, thinking that will be far enough away and still in this beautiful landscape. Maybe ill end up eating crow thinking an hour is far enough away, or naive to think that when im out of portland that portlands political views wont impact me...for now i still believe that life can go on. :rolleyes:

Has it not been like this for many years in oregon specifically? I know there are more states like oregon were a couple big cities in the state dominate legislation.

My opinion is that most those rural people have not had to actually deal with any of the big city bs. Its mostly the people in or closer to those areas that have to deal with any backwards legislation.

Shaniko...condon...some of those very rural areas in oregon have not been impacted by portlands voter base, i would guess....forever. Its like living in the 30s out there still. That is all im saying, portland has been weird for a long time. I dont know how long portlands voter base has dominated the state but i would gusss for a while. Portland has been weird for awhile and life has gone on, maybe things are in for a real change...but i believe life will go on.

Living in portand is a struggle and hope to have a new place in oregon at least an hour away from this city, thinking that will be far enough away and still in this beautiful landscape. Maybe ill end up eating crow thinking an hour is far enough away, or naive to think that when im out of portland that portlands political views wont impact me...for now i still believe that life can go on. :rolleyes:

So gun laws, criminal rights and now drug laws pertaining to decriminalization won't affect the little shanty town of shaniko? Right, like there won't be drug traffickers and an exponential increase in drug tourism passing through Moto county as a whole? Get real, the rural population doesn't have a say in fuel taxation, road levies etc etc etc etc due to Portland.

Washington is 1000% like that too. Pierce, Snohomish and King counties run the state and we get to put up with their big city fucktardation. :homer:

So gun laws, criminal rights and now drug laws pertaining to decriminalization won't affect the little shanty town of shaniko?

Not trying to ruffle feathers, but yea i have a hard time seeing that kind of impact.

Not that the fringe of portland hasnt ever had an negative impact on me, it has. Ive never dealt with theft like I have in this city. The laws and ideologys of this city attract a certain type and living closer to that shit, ive had to deal with more shit.

Living in rural alabama for a large time of my life, i dealt with far less tweakers and theft. Yea they were around and it happened but not like my experience in pdx. Im sure small rural towns deal with the big city bs, but does the way of life truly change? Do these traffickers through these towns even get noticed? I never noticed it in rural life.

Rural people get some weird stigma put on them, i dont know why most are just good honest people. The weirdest interpersonal shit that has happened to me has happened in the city. Portland is the biggest city i lived in lol.

Portland is weird now, i cant imagine how odd this place was even 30 years ago. I still think rural oregon will be rural oregon. Maybe a few more traffickers?? I mean the law doesnt even really change much as far as this new drug law change, its not like the dealers are getting any impunity. I guess maybe increase in users.

The gun laws is the definitely the one i would say to be a real issue, but fuck...could it really get to where law officials are going door to door in those rural counties? I would have a hard time seeing tenured local law doing that, before they quit.

Don't have to leave, just send their proxies (police, fish-n-game, enviro enforcers, forestry, etc... ) to do it.

Ask western slope colorado ranchers how they feel about our freshly approved wolf reintroduction measure, recommended-against by the state wildlife experts, carried narrowly by boulder and denver over the will of those who will be affected.

Look at oregon's hunting regs and fees and talk to a non-portlander about wildlife priorities, see if that lines up.

Colorado gun laws, outside of Denver and boulder, see if you can find support for what the state requires.

Jack property taxes on "the rich"? Don't mind if I do, I'm not rich. Who cares if that means farmers and ranchers pay more, driving up the cost of food.

It's a creeping thing, helped along by those who "don't care, they won't bother me with it". And gun laws are rarely meant to strip hardware from legal owners now, they're meant to strip rights from future generations. Don't believe me? What does the phrase "machine gun ban" mean to you today? What do you think it meant in 1962? How about 1922?

Not trying to ruffle feathers, but yea i have a hard time seeing that kind of impact.

Not that the fringe of portland hasnt ever had an negative impact on me, it has. Ive never dealt with theft like I have in this city. The laws and ideologys of this city attract a certain type and living closer to that shit, ive had to deal with more shit.

Living in rural alabama for a large time of my life, i dealt with far less tweakers and theft. Yea they were around and it happened but not like my experience in pdx. Im sure small rural towns deal with the big city bs, but does the way of life truly change? Do these traffickers through these towns even get noticed? I never noticed it in rural life.

Rural people get some weird stigma put on them, i dont know why most are just good honest people. The weirdest interpersonal shit that has happened to me has happened in the city. Portland is the biggest city i lived in lol.

Portland is weird now, i cant imagine how odd this place was even 30 years ago. I still think rural oregon will be rural oregon. Maybe a few more traffickers?? I mean the law doesnt even really change much as far as this new drug law change, its not like the dealers are getting any impunity. I guess maybe increase in users.

The gun laws is the definitely the one i would say to be a real issue, but fuck...could it really get to where law officials are going door to door in those rural counties? I would have a hard time seeing tenured local law doing that, before they quit.

That's a lot of words explaining how you really just don't understand what you're trying to talk about.

Big city laws affect small towns 100% of the time in all states. How are illinois gun laws doing these days due to Chicago legislation? How about the real easy one, how are the emissions laws in the majority of the US these days due to the smog issues in Los Angeles? C.A.R.B. is just another sister of the E.P.A. when you boil it all down and the rest of the country has to deal with the bullshit without having a chance to vote on it because we don't get to vote on their rules.

​​​​​​

Top Back Refresh