What's new

Tulsi 2024?

I think she is probably like every other flip-flopping politician and is just following the tide to stay relevant and in a job. But, if it works, then so be it. I would vote for her against a democrat who wants to take guns and freedoms away, but if there were a better choice, I'd pick that.

I think she is probably like every other flip-flopping politician and is just following the tide to stay relevant and in a job. But, if it works, then so be it. I would vote for her against a democrat who wants to take guns and freedoms away, but if there were a better choice, I'd pick that.
Not following this thread at all but I've been watching her. She's been Rock solid in her messaging. She is what a Democrat should be but that party is a pile of shit and we all know it. So does she. She is spot on for leaving it.

Oh bullshit. That may work in the short term, like maybe a car sale, but if someone gets burned they'll not go back to that same salesperson/store/product.

The best skill is understanding the function and application of the product for sale, and finding the person that will benefit from it.

Tulsi may be listening to the public, and shocker, not just furthering her personal views or that of the political cronies. I'm not sure yet, and not convinced I'll ever be sure, but we've got a couple years to decide.
Washington disagrees.

She's going to run as an independent senator for Hawaii and caucus with the republicans :smokin:

She called ar-15s weapons of war that don't belong on our streets.
Don't think for a second that she wouldn't support an "assault weapons ban" after some fbi plant commits a mass shooting.
This right here is my only real hiccup with her. Especially since she decided to go away from the DNC she released a video of her shooting AR’s. Sorry you just told me you will sellout for power. Right or left thats a fatal flaw.

Last edited:
Not following this thread at all but I've been watching her. She's been Rock solid in her messaging. She is what a Democrat should be but that party is a pile of shit and we all know it. So does she. She is spot on for leaving it.
How so. She called for banningAR’s then releases video of her shooting them when she goes away from the DNC. Thats as rock solid as sand. You need to look at messaging throughout her history not just last 3 months.

How so. She called for banningAR’s then releases video of her shooting them when she goes away from the DNC. Thats as rock solid as sand. You need to look at messaging throughout her history not just last 3 months.

I support people changing opinions. But it’s definitely a wait and see with her.

If she wins her race and her voting record starts to show real change, great! Until then, i don’t trust her much. But I distrust her less than most in office today, I ironically

I said it earlier, I don't have a problem with someone changing their opinion, but I don't trust the way she has done it. If she really wanted to earn some trust, she should come out and addressed her past stance, contrast it with her new stance, and explain how she was wrong before and why. I think that would go a lot further with a lot more folks.
Until I see that, I'm with Rockota - wait and see.

haven't watched yet, but I'm guessing it's interesting.

Dont see the appeal to Gabby other than she is a lefty that isnt full retard and is cute. Take either away and no one would talk about her.

We already have plenty of kinda right leaning politicians.

Dont see the appeal to Gabby other than she is a lefty that isnt full retard and is cute. Take either away and no one would talk about her.

When she was officially a "Blue Team" candidate, running against the "Red Team" candidate at the time, her appeal was that she was very moderate and almost libertarian. It also helped that the Red candidate at the time had burned a lot of bridges and most independent/swing voters were turned off by the Red Team as a whole. It seemed very situational to me. If a Blue Team candidate was going to win, she was the best option to be that winner.

Now that she has disavowed the Blue Team, she is another independent who will realistically never win a major election in our broken two party system. If she goes to the Red Team and remains moderate enough to get swing voters, she may have a chance.

When she was officially a "Blue Team" candidate, running against the "Red Team" candidate at the time, her appeal was that she was very moderate and almost libertarian. It also helped that the Red candidate at the time had burned a lot of bridges and most independent/swing voters were turned off by the Red Team as a whole. It seemed very situational to me. If a Blue Team candidate was going to win, she was the best option to be that winner.

Now that she has disavowed the Blue Team, she is another independent who will realistically never win a major election in our broken two party system. If she goes to the Red Team and remains moderate enough to get swing voters, she may have a chance.
Everyone wants to be Joe Manchin. She is a liberal lefty. How did she get that way after being in the military? She's still that way, she just changed the letter after her name. Beware.

Everyone wants to be Joe Manchin. She is a liberal lefty. How did she get that way after being in the military? She's still that way, she just changed the letter after her name. Beware.

Good point about Manchin, I always forget about him.

She's been doing the whole commentator thing which may earn her some fanbase but in reality she has no other chances left for political office on her own.

I only think of one possible path for Tulsi to join the Red Team. She would need to piggyback with a strong, viable moderate, Red Presidential candidate as the VP. That's about it.

She gets it from her father. He’s a democrat Senator from Hawaii. Mike Gabbard is a huge liberal pile of shit.

This.
Never understood and still don't get the ga-ga over her either politically or her looks.

AOC is hotter but full commie.

Wouldn't vote for either unless there were 350,239,843 other people killed from climate change

She will pull HUGE support from lock step republicans based on her Anti KidTrans stance. Most of those types on either side will support who ever pulls at their emotional heart string related to politics.

We had a Maj.? , at the time, in the military that was describing ar15’s as weapons of war. To me accuracy is jist as important if not more so the policy. If she doesnt take the time to realize zero American soldiers have been issued AR15’s to go to war then she is either ignorant, I dont think she is stupid, or she is a sell out to get ahead. I believe she is the latter.

As the late Rush Limbaugh used to call them. The go along to get along gang.

She will pull HUGE support from lock step republicans based on her Anti KidTrans stance. Most of those types on either side will support who ever pulls at their emotional heart string related to politics.

We had a Maj.? , at the time, in the military that was describing ar15’s as weapons of war. To me accuracy is jist as important if not more so the policy. If she doesnt take the time to realize zero American soldiers have been issued AR15’s to go to war then she is either ignorant, I dont think she is stupid, or she is a sell out to get ahead. I believe she is the latter.

As the late Rush Limbaugh used to call them. The go along to get along gang.

This.

And all the people bitching about the two party system will also bitch about crossing the isle when Desantis chooses her for a running mate…

I listened to an interview with her. The explanation was that she grew up in HI, which is the most successful anti-gun state in the country (real easy when your an island and getting anything is a pain) and anti-gun was all around her. As she has been exposed to other ideas and seen places where guns are in common possession she changed her mind. Sure, it might be a lie, but I can also buy it. If its not just lying then it shows the ability to change opinion based on new information, something the democrats are generally terrible at.

Between listening to her and that one eyed snake crenshaw I know who I would risk a vote for.

I listened to an interview with her. The explanation was that she grew up in HI, which is the most successful anti-gun state in the country (real easy when your an island and getting anything is a pain) and anti-gun was all around her. As she has been exposed to other ideas and seen places where guns are in common possession she changed her mind. Sure, it might be a lie, but I can also buy it. If its not just lying then it shows the ability to change opinion based on new information, something the democrats are generally terrible at.

Between listening to her and that one eyed snake crenshaw I know who I would risk a vote for.
Hawaii actually has a surprising number of gun but they are in the hands of the tribal people. A tea leaf tied to a sling makes it a ceremonial item. Said to me by several tribal friends on the islands.

I dont buy her now that I’m exposed to it stance. Everyone I know that has served in the military will agree guns are the only thing stopping innocent people from becoming victims of those who would seek to do them harm usually the evil people we were fighting at the time.
She was a Major in the NG at that time I believe. I have listened to several of her interviews and she has been all over the world for her country.

I could see that stance change in a person that used a quick hitch in the military as a way to get out of their home town. I think she is up for lieutenant colonel this year. Shes not new and has been around the block for uncle sam to be that far along in rank.

Either way I cant bring myself to vote for her. I think she is a go along to get along person. I do love the fact she has real military service vs how many years of draft dodgers we have had. Thankfully they are finally aging out.

Top Back Refresh