What's new

Tubing bender build thread

is that what holds the ram and all the pressing force is going against.
not knocking it all. just asking is all

1704811108926.png
That's how my version 2 is, just welded the pin tube to the side of the cylinder.
The first cylinder egg'd so bad from the heat I couldn't get the rod/gland back in it :homer:.
The second version I went real slow and put the head in it with no seals. It's still egged some but the gland goes in/out with out much trouble.

If I did it again I would just build a sleeve with pinch bolts like I did for the air jack cylinder.
IMO there isn't a ton of force required to bend the tubing. IF you were bending super thick cromo or solid it might be a different story.

is that what holds the ram and all the pressing force is going against.
not knocking it all. just asking is all

1704811108926.png

Yep, it’s from JMR. My buddies was the same but longer cylinder which I wanted too but they sent me this one and I decided to just run with it. It’s strong I can tell you that for sure. I bent 1/4”-3/8” wall DOM tubing no issue.

Whelp, so I got time to install my tool boxes on bender stand to hold my dies, followers and pins.

I fawked up on something I thought would fit buuuut it didn’t. So I have to do an adjustment on the stand but it’s all good. More to come later when I can.

IMG_3038.jpeg
IMG_3039.jpeg

Top Back Refresh