What's new

Trump threatens to shut down Social Media Companies

I agree 100%. Once again Trump is acting like a "spoiled little rich kid". He's not a dictator.

LOL You style yourself as "NON LEMMING" yet when it comes to Trump you jump on the "IWISH HE WOULD SHUT UP" wagon :stirthepot:

No where in the reporting does it say TRUMP said it says "UNKNOWN WHITE HOUSE SPOKESMAN"

Twitter is full of irrelevant asswipes who think they wield some kind of power F them and facefuck karens .:flipoff2:

What is "F them"? :confused:

Friend them?
Follow them?
Free them?

"F" ????? I don't get it.

OH,............. Fuck them.

Why didn't you just say it?

Will forums be affected by any social media regulation Trump puts out in his executive order?

Well , maybe just the propaganda minister Goebbels....Trump does some correct moves but can't stand any opinion but his own...If it was a liberal threatening censorship you all would be frothing at the mouth...

I'm against censorship, period. I don't give a flying fuck which side wants to do the censorship.

Never heard of Rogan. Just my own observation.

Fair enough.

Media companies, that's EVERY SINGLE ONE, are steering the debate to Platform vs Provider.

Platform: Just a bunch of servers that providers put their content on. Platforms are not resopnsible for what's on their Platform. If Tarrant puts a live-stream of him gunning down a bunch of Muslims in New Zealand, Facebook is not liable (I watched that shit live just by chance happened to be on 8chan at the time. I clicked off b/c he was just driving around, then the thread blew up). 8chan was de-platformed by default for that one.... but not Facebook, even though the content appeared on Facebook.

Provider: PewDiePie, Joe Rogan, Brenton Tarrant (and oh boy was it content!). They make the actual videos and creativity.

So, Social Media companies of course want their cake and to eat it to.

They want to be:
  1. Free from liability about content.
  2. Able to control their content.
Absolutely no one here except maybe Austin and those bank-rolling them should want them to have that. I doubt Austin wants that, he just doesn't want to get sued for shit someone says here. Which he shouldn't be.

I say fucking no. Fuck platforms and they are obligated to provide Free Speech to every single US Citizen, and then no Platform should be held liable for the content. So I'll give them half of what they want.

You have a fucked up way of thinking. Trump’s argument is that it is defacto censorship that he is fighting. How is it that he is “threatening censorship”?

No,what the article says is Twitter is a private company and can say what it wants. If Trump believes they are lying ,he can sue for libel or slander.For the President to have the power to censor opinions a is very dangerous...Suppose the next President is a liberal ? You want to pass on that power?

Reporters and news rooms love them some twitter. Reporters are LAZY and now, if you want to write a news story all you do is find a twitter post. Then you quote the twitter post, then you add the graphic of the twitter post you just quoted, and then you re-cap the twitter post you quoted and showed a graphic of and you are done. AND you can cherry pick the twitter universe to echo what you believe, or the agenda / narrative you want out there.

No,what the article says is Twitter is a private company and can say what it wants. If Trump believes they are lying ,he can sue for libel or slander.For the President to have the power to censor opinions a is very dangerous...Suppose the next President is a liberal ? You want to pass on that power?

It's worth being pedantic:

He would sue them for Defamation, and in this case it would be Libel (written).

If People are saying things on video or otherwise orally, it's Slander.

Defamation.

Libel: Written
Slander: Spoken

This whole thing may be Trump's way of becoming the Richest Man in the Universe with all the Defamation cases he could bring :laughing: Although I think there's some restriction on public figures and in Trump's case, public servants and politicians. That is, there is a huge leeway in someone saying "Oh that orange bastard, he's bald and stupid, what a crook blah blah", no Judge is going to listen to that case, even if it's not satirical.

However, if Trump's policies and some consistent measure of his character are assassinated by a LARGE entity which can do great damage to him, he may have a case.

Don't know didn't law school. Just reading new sover the years.

Last edited:
No,what the article says is Twitter is a private company and can say what it wants. I CHANGED YOUR QUOTE If Trump believes they are lying ,he can sue for libel or slander.For the President to have the power to censor opinions a is very dangerous...Suppose the next President is a liberal ? You want to pass on that power?

No, Trump says he is signing an executive order tomorrow, just because an article opines on what Trump "can" do has zero to do with what he has said or has done.

The problem here, with Twitter, is that it is effectively censoring the President of the United States. It would be no different than if Twitter went in and changed the words of his quote like I did above in your quote. The other problem with it is that he is tweeting under his own name, but it could be considered tweeting in his official capacity.

Reporters and news rooms love them some twitter. Reporters are LAZY and now, if you want to write a news story all you do is find a twitter post. Then you quote the twitter post, then you add the graphic of the twitter post you just quoted, and then you re-cap the twitter post you quoted and showed a graphic of and you are done. AND you can cherry pick the twitter universe to echo what you believe, or the agenda / narrative you want out there.

and just attribute it to twitter so you don't have to worry about that pesky accuracy

That is so fucking accurate.

No, Trump says he is signing an executive order tomorrow, just because an article opines on what Trump "can" do has zero to do with what he has said or has done.

The problem here, with Twitter, is that it is effectively censoring the President of the United States. It would be no different than if Twitter went in and changed the words of his quote like I did above in your quote. The other problem with it is that he is tweeting under his own name, but it could be considered tweeting in his official capacity.

Quick rundown please? They actually changed his post?

Give bullet points on an accurate timeline please.

LOL You style yourself as "NON LEMMING" yet when it comes to Trump you jump on the "IWISH HE WOULD SHUT UP" wagon :stirthepot:

No where in the reporting does it say TRUMP said it says "UNKNOWN WHITE HOUSE SPOKESMAN"

Wrong again. Once more you fail. I've been saying Trump should just STFU way back when he was running for POTUS. Agreeing with someone who has the same beliefs as I do isn't "jumpig on the wagon".

Wrong again. Once more you fail. I've been saying Trump should just STFU way back when he was running for POTUS. Agreeing with someone who has the same beliefs as I do isn't "jumpig on the wagon".

You're a civil and polite old curmudgeon with 8 dogs in California, and Trump is a rude and loudmouthed Billionaire President of the United States.

Huh.

Hmmm, thinking more about it, it appears the EO may be limited to sueing internet sites for false info. Something that is now prohibited... I have mixed feelings on this.

I finally get it you didn't want him to win so he should have just shut up and let Hilliry since it was her turn?

Once again TRUMP DIDN"T SAY HE WAS GOING TO SIGN AN EO AN UNKNOWN WHITE HOUSE SOURCE SAID HE WAS

As for him shutting up, with the lieing MSM how else does he get his words out or would you prefer him to be like Cheny's sock puppet Bush and not say anything for the dignity of the office, or should he only say things that make you FEEL warm fuzzy and loved?
WHO the fuck is your mythical perfect canidate and please don't fall back on your "READ what I have said" because you have never ever came out for anyone you just always hate the guy who is in power. You can't because you are a contrarian
I'll tell you what I know you have retired why don't you run for office?

Possible Draft of EO leaked.... https://thenationalpulse.com/politic...ch-censorship/

Edit: Reading through it, Basically Trump would be siccing the FCC on social media for unfair practices as publishers, not platforms.

The issue being is through the size of platforms like Twitter and FB, they can use selective "editing" to change national discourse, a power no private company should be able to wield.

Last edited:
So is that like when the Dems campaigned on shutting down DrudgeReport, Britebart and Infowars. It’s a 2 way street don't like it stay on the fucking sidewalk. :flipoff2:

I finally get it you didn't want him to win so he should have just shut up and let Hilliry since it was her turn?

Once again TRUMP DIDN"T SAY HE WAS GOING TO SIGN AN EO AN UNKNOWN WHITE HOUSE SOURCE SAID HE WAS

As for him shutting up, with the lieing MSM how else does he get his words out or would you prefer him to be like Cheny's sock puppet Bush and not say anything for the dignity of the office, or should he only say things that make you FEEL warm fuzzy and loved?
WHO the fuck is your mythical perfect canidate and please don't fall back on your "READ what I have said" because you have never ever came out for anyone you just always hate the guy who is in power. You can't because you are a contrarian
I'll tell you what I know you have retired why don't you run for office?

Damn you're stupid. I've posted countless times that I hate Hillary and don't want her as POTUS. That doesn't mean I like trump though. He acts like a spoiled little kid and thinks he's a dictator. I demand more from the president than his childish behavior.

Hmmm, thinking more about it, it appears the EO may be limited to sueing internet sites for false info. Something that is now prohibited... I have mixed feelings on this.

The only possible way I can be ok with lawsuits like that is if you can prove they are doing it with the direct intent of hurting a private citizen. Even then it would need to be a fuck load bad shit before I can see it being appropriate if ever. The POTUS is a public figure and has been shamed and lied about by the media since the 60’s, for modern tales I am familiar with. I am sure it dates back a lot further. If Trump does this its a huge mistake and will seriously backfire. I can name a huge percentage of my friends that may vote for him solely to try and save the economy, he does that and most of us bail. I think he has fucked with the 2nd too much as is. Attacking the 1st makes him no better than Obama when he tried to kick Fox out of the briefing room.

just when you thought he couldn’t appear any dumber he does this, if it actually happens...

Possible Draft of EO leaked.... https://thenationalpulse.com/politic...ch-censorship/

Edit: Reading through it, Basically Trump would be siccing the FCC on social media for unfair practices as publishers, not platforms.

The issue being is through the size of platforms like Twitter and FB, they can use selective "editing" to change national discourse, a power no private company should be able to wield.

frankly, fuck the FCC

The only possible way I can be ok with lawsuits like that is if you can prove they are doing it with the direct intent of hurting a private citizen. Even then it would need to be a fuck load bad shit before I can see it being appropriate if ever. The POTUS is a public figure and has been shamed and lied about by the media since the 60’s, for modern tales I am familiar with. I am sure it dates back a lot further. If Trump does this its a huge mistake and will seriously backfire. I can name a huge percentage of my friends that may vote for him solely to try and save the economy, he does that and most of us bail. I think he has fucked with the 2nd too much as is. Attacking the 1st makes him no better than Obama when he tried to kick Fox out of the briefing room.

just when you thought he couldn’t appear any dumber he does this, if it actually happens...

Since 1787 the media has been considered "the 4th estate" or the 4th branch of government. It was even said that in some aspects it was the most important branch of government.

There should be a responsibility that comes with that.

For our republic to work that has to be some manner of getting a unbiased (and hopefully researched) accounting of what is happening in our government and our communities.

When you represent yourself as an unbiased orator of the news, you have a responsibility to make it true and accurate as possible, and when you don't there needs to be some repercussions.

For our republic to work that has to be some manner of getting a unbiased (and hopefully researched) accounting of what is happening in our government and our communities.

If you do any research into the Civil War, you quickly realize that controlling the narrative has been the name of the game for centuries.

We lost our Republic with the New Deal.

If you do any research into the Civil War, you quickly realize that controlling the narrative has been the name of the game for centuries.

We lost our Republic with the New Deal.

I recognize that politics has always been slimy.. I know Jefferson basically called Adams a hermaphrodite. But It's the Press's job to report it, not necessarily pick a side in the incident.

AND it's funny you mention the new deal, 2 days ago I was going off on someone as to how the new deal destroyed the ides America was founded on.

So, you wish trump would shut up because of your TDS, yet you can not avoid spewing your dribble lip whiny nonsense in every thread regarding Trump :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

After reading Mind Fuck America, I do think the technology of social media, (but not forums) is a dangerous technology that can and has been used as a weapon.

So, you wish trump would shut up because of your TDS, yet you can not avoid spewing your dribble lip whiny nonsense in every thread regarding Trump :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You must not look in the mirror at all as you spew out shit loads of drivel every time you post. Maybe you'd do better if you spit Trump's cock out.

Damn you're stupid. I've posted countless times that I hate Hillary and don't want her as POTUS. That doesn't mean I like trump though. He acts like a spoiled little kid and thinks he's a dictator. I demand more from the president than his childish behavior.

You DEMAND? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Top Back Refresh