What's new

Tranny fluid change in 330k LX470?

blakes

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Storm Mountain CO
My LX470 has 330k and runs and shifts great. It's a DD. We live on a very steep 7 mile dirt road.

The fluid was flushed about 5 years ago and has since had about 30k miles. The fluid is getting a bit dirty.

I have a few gallons of castrol synthetic ATF and thinking about pulling the drain plug and mixing some of that in.

What day the IBB? Should I change the fluid? Should I add some additive? Leave it alone?

People do yearly drain and fills without issue. Just put a good synthetic in it. No need for additives.

Reactions: DMG
My LX470 has 330k and runs and shifts great. It's a DD. We live on a very steep 7 mile dirt road.

The fluid was flushed about 5 years ago and has since had about 30k miles. The fluid is getting a bit dirty.

I have a few gallons of castrol synthetic ATF and thinking about pulling the drain plug and mixing some of that in.

What day the IBB? Should I change the fluid? Should I add some additive? Leave it alone?

Does that normally take WS?

I’m picky about the fluid I run in my trans anymore. 4Runner gets Toyota WS. Others get Amsoil.

YMMV. :flipoff2:

Toyota went to WS fluid in 2004.

Depending on the year. Could be Dex III, T−IV or WS.

Top Back Refresh