What's new

Tornado warning

Craziest thunder ive ever heard lasting minutes and just got an extreme tornado warning saying to take cover and get to the basement.... no one has basements here... or tornados. Anyone else local get the warning? Oh and all the animals are going nuts outside
We have gotten two of those warnings this year down in San Diego. Our “tornados” are glorified whirlwinds. lol

In the last 24 hours, we got 1.5" of rain, with some decent hail twice that I heard. Dad is ~7 miles away and got .28" with no hail. He said didn't even really get much wind, but he also didn't leave the house and is next to a hill, so it may have just blown over him. At dinner tonight, I told him these are the storms I remember as a kid in the early 80's. They are all just overhyped now by the media.

Rained some here today but nothing Biblical as was hyped.

I do remember like 1980ish a tornado hit and I looked up and saw a small aluminum fishing boat way the fuck up in the sky. I was 9 or 10 so maybe my imagination is getting the best of me but that is the way I remember it anyways.

Aptos here: it hailed sideways for a few mins bout an hour ago. Little gravel sized bits.

Little one went to grab her coat to play in it, but missed it.
Im in cresent city this weekend.
The rain and hail has been bezerker from minute to minute.
Nothing for a whille then blinding the next.

Drove to the south end to pick squid up, 10min later the down town streets are white with hail.

Early Wednesday had an high-end EF-1 tornado run about a 5 mile track 30 minutes to the west of me. We got the tornado warning just before 1am and I got up and got the lady and kids in the basement. The cell that produced said tornado went overtop my house but thankfully it didn't respawn. Very eerie still ominous weather while we were in the warning. 1:30am it was clear to go to bed. Woke up about 5 to go to work it was 65 degrees or so still and by time I got into Grand Rapids 3 hours later it was 25 and snowing.

Fuckin Michigan
That tornado did quite a bit of damage but there wasn't much news about it.
That puts you in the Lapeer area??

That water spout was only a few miles from my house. Happens every year. We have had some pretty good thunderstorms and snow the last few days.

Reactions: Clb
Hahaha to late
20240216_140227.jpg
Dibs on your.....Oh, wait, never mind. :laughing:

Nah. That was a traffic control area for slide repairs. We were passing through from crecent city to tc.

At the lord ellis summit (the actual peak of the road) the road drops its passing lane. Theres 6" snow and plows are moving up the hill, ashpalts clean to rh stripe. And 25 cars in the wide spot and out on to the fucking highway.

A town just north of us just got smoked. There's another one to the west of us heading this was but it looks like it's going to head south.

I'm in ohio tho. No fancy California naders for me.

A town just north of us just got smoked. There's another one to the west of us heading this was but it looks like it's going to head south.

I'm in ohio tho. No fancy California naders for me.
Ohio?

Edit, your edit beat me. :laughing:

I heard a big one 1/2mi wide.

Top Back Refresh