What's new

Tier 5 emissions oh boy

Been figuring out a lotta stuff lately that's plainly obvious on its face but we have the wrong words fed to us all our lives, making understanding of the obvious concepts somewhat difficult.

Like how you don't gotta argue for capitalism, it is just the natural order of economics. It is literally the default state of being that evolved directly from our natural behavior with no outside interference.

Fuck marx for rebranding "the natural order of economics" as something he could paint in a poor light while pushing his idealistic tripe. Special political language is truly a scourge upon humanity.
it's like how you try and convince people that we could in fact live without a government.

"But that would be anarchy!"

yes, and anarchy is in fact our natural state.

it's like how you try and convince people that we could in fact live without a government.

werd,
you don't even need laws against theft murder rape assault
because anyone that does that sorta shit quickly develops a reputation of being a piece of shit

enforcement by 'the man' just adds a layer of deniability to people being shitty
because nobody likes cops, so maybe that good boy really dindunuffin

Wtf I just looked at them. What a pipe dream. There isn’t enough energy in a gallon of gas to meet those rules. They are gonna have to get rid of every electric gizmo in the car to help achieve this. No heated seats no power windows seats back up cameras ect.

Do they just make shit up and hope the manufacturers can meet it?

What does the engine guru think about this stuff?

That’s exactly what they do. Just pull something out of thin air and go “they can figure it out”.

Or not. Their actual goal is to ban it all under the guise of “the environment.”

Spoiler alert, it’s all about $ and control.

werd,
you don't even need laws against theft murder rape assault
because anyone that does that sorta shit quickly develops a reputation of being a piece of shit

enforcement by 'the man' just adds a layer of deniability to people being shitty
because nobody likes cops, so maybe that good boy really dindunuffin
I love pointing out to people how many anarchist level transactions/interactions they do daily and watching thier minds melt a bit. Michael Malice FTW for teaching me that.

Back to the topic, fuck the epa.

Reactions: PAE
Belgium didn't have a high level government for 2 years. Only local. Country didn't collapse.

It actually worked better.
My son has repeatedly made the point that there is no need for police - that the creation of police forces is a fairly recent development, historically speaking.

It makes me wonder if these people even talk to automotive engineers, etc. to gauge what might be A) even possible given current technology and likely near future technology and B) the cost and feasibility of implementing that tech on a widespread scale in the real world.

They do not. It’s every level of government that does not care nor do they communicate.

I’ve seen it at work. One section has plans to replace every printer in the joint. No one tells the inventory manager. Inventory manager orders pallet loads of current toners/ink, and 2 weeks later all those printers are gone. Then we get stuck with pallet loads of useless toner/ink.

Provocative point - list some. :smokin:
Any voluntary transaction or cooperation between individuals. So a great example is the for sale forum here. You list parts for a price, however I offer to trade you something and you agree, bam that's an example of a transaction without state rules. We both agreed to the terms and it went smoothly and we are both happy. Another example is we are out wheeling/camping. You break, I have a welder and weld your junk up, you offer to cook me dinner and give me beer at the camp fire all night. We both agree that works, now if you back out of that agreement, are we going to the cops or another state arbitor? No it's going to be me calling you out or saying man plyms a dick and work on his shit but don't expect him to put food and drink in you later even if agrees to it.

It's basically anytime you interact with another person not involving the rules of the state is anarchy.

It makes me wonder if these people even talk to automotive engineers, etc. to gauge what might be A) even possible given current technology and likely near future technology and B) the cost and feasibility of implementing that tech on a widespread scale in the real world.
No, at a past job we had airport operators banning ICE aircraft ground handling equipment, we would have to give them tours of how we handled aircraft on the ground and they had zero idea what equipment was used where and what it does. When we would tell them that no electric alternative exists, they would say "well make the mfr build an electric version". We would push back with there is 2 mfrs of that equipment in the world and they would just not build it if it doesn't make sense, especially at a price point that made sense for evreyone. They could not get that concept. The government operates off brute force and violence, or threatening it, to get their way, the private sector doesn't operate like that and our overlords don't understand that.

Whats sad is everyone who does what they need to make their truck reliable is labeled as some kind if eco terrorist.

So lets take my friends 2016 Peterbilt 579 w/ a Paccar MX13. Streamlined exhaust and with a 10spd is averaging over 7mpg. Before that, he was barely cracking 6mpg. Cosuming def and obviously burning more diesel. How is this more efficient? For arguments say the difference is 1.5mpg, over 115k mi this year. That is a 3800gal difference in fuel used. For 1 year. These idiots believe that burning an extra 3800gal AND hundreds of gal of def is better than consuming less diesel?! Beyond fucking stupid. And thats just based on the fuel. Imagine the trickle down of a more efficient engine.
It’s the same as our 2010 Jetta tdi was. They crushed the son of a bitch! Thing got 45 miles to a gallon. If they retrofitted it, it might have got 30 tops. Made no fucking sense to me? But somehow it did to the epa?

Wow this thread took a turn:laughing:

I work in the industry, one of the things we do is emissions certification for OE's and verification/benchmarking for both OE's and the EPA. I'm not an expert but I know a little about the current thresholds and what it takes to meet them under current guidelines. So take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I do have some knowledge in this area.

THESE NEW RULES ARE DESIGNED TO ELIMINATE THE IC ENGINE FOR ALL PRACTICAL PURPOSES.

THESE NEW RULES WILL BE CHALLENGED UNDER THE TRUMP ERA RULES DICTATING ECONOMIC IMPACT REGARDING NEW GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO THE ENVIRONMENT.

Just like how it will take a major leap in technology in order to make battery electric (EV) viable, it will take a major leap for all three aspects (emissions, mileage, and longevity standards) of this rule change to work in the real world. Each on it's own is achievable now. You can maybe get 2 of three with a little work (emission and mileage or mileage and longevity). All three? Impossible with 2023 tech, metallurgy, and chemistry.

Road to serfdom...

Just like how it will take a major leap in technology in order to make battery electric (EV) viable, it will take a major leap for all three aspects (emissions, mileage, and longevity standards) of this rule change to work in the real world. Each on it's own is achievable now. You can maybe get 2 of three with a little work (emission and mileage or mileage and longevity). All three? Impossible with 2023 tech, metallurgy, and chemistry.
maybe that's an upshot of all the piles upon piles of unsold automotive inventory awaiting chips

they'll be previous year vehicles to tide the companies over until the standards get rolled back
like how caterpillar eventually just gave up on-highway motors
and dodge spun off their trucks to a different brand

Wow this thread took a turn:laughing:

I work in the industry, one of the things we do is emissions certification for OE's and verification/benchmarking for both OE's and the EPA. I'm not an expert but I know a little about the current thresholds and what it takes to meet them under current guidelines. So take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I do have some knowledge in this area.

THESE NEW RULES ARE DESIGNED TO ELIMINATE THE IC ENGINE FOR ALL PRACTICAL PURPOSES.

THESE NEW RULES WILL BE CHALLENGED UNDER THE TRUMP ERA RULES DICTATING ECONOMIC IMPACT REGARDING NEW GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO THE ENVIRONMENT.

Road to serfdom...

"But they said better mileage and longevity!" - people.

Top Back Refresh