What's new

Throttle lag

AKnate

Icehole
Member Number
08 Dodge with the 6.7L

Didn't realize it was that bad till we were screwing around leaving work trying to out rev the kid on his fancy pants Hardley motorsickle.

Dead leg stab the go pedal and it takes a good half second to respond and ramp up, then a good 2+ seconds to rev back down.

Been several times I've yelled at it, gave it some throttle to move a foot or two and the lag caused it to overshoot.

Anyone else have one of these shit wagons with same issue? It has some Mini Max power adder, issue is the same with or without.

Trying to figure if it's something with just my shipping crate or all of them. They make something called the Pedal Command that is supposed to help, but it's $300.

No codes, even when the lighting bolt/choke blade, whatever it is light comes on.
I have a Gen 2, it did that at one point it was the APPS/TPS gizmo
it was an easy swap, maybe look into that?

that is all I got

Engine only has about 35k miles on it. First engine blew up around 50k miles.

Doesn't make a difference with or without the tuner thing.
H&S MiniMax tuner will revert back to the primary tune when unplugged, the problem is the timing will stay at the set point! Let's say you are running a hot tune with the timing set to 3, if you unplug the tuner the fueling drops to stock levels and the timing will stay advanced which will run very lean. Who set up the tuner and with what tunes?

How in the fuck did you kill a 6.7 in less than 60k miles?

H&S MiniMax tuner will revert back to the primary tune when unplugged, the problem is the timing will stay at the set point! Let's say you are running a hot tune with the timing set to 3, if you unplug the tuner the fueling drops to stock levels and the timing will stay advanced which will run very lean. Who set up the tuner and with what tunes?

How in the fuck did you kill a 6.7 in less than 60k miles?
Hung an injector open and burned a cylinder up is the story I was told.

Never tried the tuner beyond "tow" mode. Came from a Canadian outfit. I mostly got it for the gauges and allegedly better fuel mileage.
Truck still gets only 10-11mpg. I hardly use it. My F350 7.3L with worn injectors pulls just as well and gets 15+ mpg.

Hung an injector open and burned a cylinder up is the story I was told.

Never tried the tuner beyond "tow" mode. Came from a Canadian outfit. I mostly got it for the gauges and allegedly better fuel mileage.
Truck still gets only 10-11mpg. I hardly use it. My F350 7.3L with worn injectors pulls just as well and gets 15+ mpg.
.you have serious problems with that truck. It should not be getting 10mpg unloaded. Hell, not even pulling 20k should it get 10mpg.

That truck has serious issues. I'd start with returning the tune to completely bone stock then trouble shoot the issue. The tune may be all of the problem

Last edited:
.you have serious problems with that truck. It should not be getting 10mpg unloaded. Hell, not even pulling 20k should it get 10mpg.

That truck has serious issues. I'd start with returning the tune to completely bone stock then trouble shoot the issue. The tune may be all of the problem
It got ~7mpg towing maybe 10-11k... a 5k forklift.

It gets the same without the tuner, it's not a problem.

It got ~7mpg towing maybe 10-11k... a 5k forklift.

It gets the same without the tuner, it's not a problem.

regardless of the tuner, i think you have an issue with that truck. as someone mentioned before, the fuel delivery may be changing but the timing may still be modified when you unhook that tuner.

I dont know, but i dont see why that truck has any reason to get 10 mpg unloaded. Those years had some growing pains with the DEF, but still should be getting 15-16 when its operating like its intended. maybe its constantly regenerating?

regardless of the tuner, i think you have an issue with that truck. as someone mentioned before, the fuel delivery may be changing but the timing may still be modified when you unhook that tuner.

I dont know, but i dont see why that truck has any reason to get 10 mpg unloaded. Those years had some growing pains with the DEF, but still should be getting 15-16 when its operating like its intended. maybe its constantly regenerating?
No DEF, it's an 08.

Just a muffler.

I will second this
I can go down the freeway, Toyhaulers loaded with toys, 100 gal of water, bed full, motorcycles, firewood, gas cans and still get 15 somehow

but I don't drive like a jackass, I just get there

No DEF, it's an 08.

Just a muffler.

Well maybe put some Def in it and see if it helps? DEF started with the 07.5s so half way through 2007 model year. It could have been deleted but 2008 Dodges had DEF.

Well maybe put some Def in it and see if it helps? DEF started with the 07.5s so half way through 2007 model year. It could have been deleted but 2008 Dodges had DEF.
DEF started in 2013. Was "RAM" by then.

Last edited:
Got a pedal command unit and helped a ton.

Put in on max setting and about smoked the tires just tipping into the pedal.

Weird thing now though it is takes a second or two to turn off after turning the key. Don't remember it doing that before.

I have enough time to pull the key out and start to open the door to get out before it shuts off.

Apparently something wacky with it.

Got a no.charge "check gauges" and the the little carb choke/lightening bolt whatever the fuck.

Also hard to turn steering wheel and the belt chirping.

Restart cleared it.

Next day it started me. 60 miles from home.
Jump start and working fine for ~30 mins and it stops charging.

After I shut the truck off, the check gauges light stays on as well as my trailer brake control :confused:

if I have time today going to load check the batteries.
Alternator isn't very old. Orginal one almost burned the truck down while it was parked.

Codes
P063D
U1400

Random dead throttle pedal, fuel gauge out of whack, etc makes me wonder if it's a TIPM issue.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh