What's new

Things you force yourself to do that you hate

Otto M@n

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Education.

Joined the military because I took one semester of community college and bombed it out of high school. Lack of organization, give a shits, etc. Been plugging away at it over the years and completed my Associate's back in 2020 to have something, and now working on the bachelor's. Currently 76 credits in and on course to have it completed by the time I hang up the uniform. I'm only doing it for the check in box when I get a job as a civilian after retirement.

Every single time I logon, I'd rather try to disassemble a rusted car using nothing but a gator socket. I loathe it. Every. Time. But it feels good when I finish another class and I'm that much closer.

What do you hate that you force yourself to see through to completion?

Education was that way for me. Right now, not a fucking thing. I'm at a very enjoyable time in my life.

Education.

Joined the military because I took one semester of community college and bombed it out of high school. Lack of organization, give a shits, etc. Been plugging away at it over the years and completed my Associate's back in 2020 to have something, and now working on the bachelor's. Currently 76 credits in and on course to have it completed by the time I hang up the uniform. I'm only doing it for the check in box when I get a job as a civilian after retirement.

Every single time I logon, I'd rather try to disassemble a rusted car using nothing but a gator socket. I loathe it. Every. Time. But it feels good when I finish another class and I'm that much closer.

some reason i find i am truly pushing a rope to work on my own house anymore. i have no idea why. hell i can't wait to work on the cabin in Colorado. or help a friend on his house.

Going to work but I like money.
Lol this

Although I pretty much have a unicorn job for what I do/get paid.

I'd much rather be working outside except when it's really or really hot or raining. On second thought maybe I'll just play at my side job when it's fun. Lol

some reason i find i am truly pushing a rope to work on my own house anymore. i have no idea why. hell i can't wait to work on the cabin in Colorado. or help a friend on his house.
Are you a contractor by chance? When I used to be an auto mechanic, there was nothing more I hated than working on my own stuff at the end of the day. Other peoples projects were fine, my own stuff? Nope.

I am thankful I worked long enough to be handy enough to save myself tens of thousands of dollars over the years, and also very thankful I walked away from that field.

I am afraid i am blessed with the ability to do many things well. from pipe fitting to framing to welding to roofing to sheet rock or tape and bed work. i just really don't want to touch it. i need to pour 300' of driveway, i have the tools, the knowledge and the money. but i can't get the push to make it happen, getting old sucks.

I am afraid i am blessed with the ability to do many things well. from pipe fitting to framing to welding to roofing to sheet rock or tape and bed work. i just really don't want to touch it. i need to pour 300' of driveway, i have the tools, the knowledge and the money. but i can't get the push to make it happen, getting old sucks.
Yeah, this and every year it gets a little worst.

Education.

College. Same reasons, it is physically painful. Crazy.

But I just finished my classes and now need to figure out how to get the piece of paper from that goat rope.

I'd have rather roped goats

I can sympathize with this, I do the same thing...I think part of the problem is I know I can do all of that, and none of it needs to get done with any urgency, so "I'll just fuck off and do it tomorrow" is difficult to come back from. I do find that once I actually get started on something I don't mind doing it, it's the getting started part that sucks.

Flip side is I could be putting off a task at my house for weeks, and if a friend of mine called me tomorrow and asked if I could come help do that same task at his house, I'd be all over it, and enjoy that way more than working on my own place.

Metal fabrication. I fucking hate it, it's by far my least favorite part of this hobby, but I'm cheap lol. I enjoy welding, but hate building stuff on the rig. I force myself to do it because I love wheeling.

Bookwork sending out invoices and what not. Absolutely hate doing it. The most profitable part of the business work has already been done. Just need to make up an invoice and get paid. :homer:

Would much rather be making gravel.
This. So much this lol. It's not even like it takes me a long time. I just dread it, pretty much anytime I open the business laptop.

I've tried to explain this before, and can't come up with a logical way to describe it. There are people that have horses, and there are horse people. And these 2 are nothing alike.
That is the truth. Horse people are nuttier than squirrel turds.

I've tried to explain this before, and can't come up with a logical way to describe it. There are people that have horses, and there are horse people. And these 2 are nothing alike.
Yup. Just like not all black people are :mr-t:!

Horse people are a subset of the people that own horses and they are the worst, snobbiest, holier than thou, gotta drive my brand spankin new king ranch/ big-horn edition pickup, but can you please hold this $300 check until next month so I can feed my "babies", pieces of shit ever.

And of course the check bounces and you never hear from them again and it's the best $300 you've ever spent in your life.

I've started taking cash only from hay customers unless they have actually proven themselves to not be giant pieces of shit.

Horse peopl, eh. People that own and fly small airplanes are the cheapest dicks I've ever been around. And I have seen more than my fair share. Bitch bitch bitch!
Things I hate, dusting the furniture and changing bed linen. Strangely doing laundry is soothing.

Bookwork sending out invoices and what not. Absolutely hate doing it. The most profitable part of the business work has already been done. Just need to make up an invoice and get paid. :homer:

Would much rather be making gravel.
This is me, except I'm the guy that helps keep guys like you making gavel. I own an electric motor shop.

Top Back Refresh