What's new

Things being deleted on new trucks

You can still get fairly basic trucks...

Ford has the XL, GM has the custom, Dodge has the laramie :flipoff2:....

Problem is, everyone wants the status of atleast the truck above the peasant model or higher.
I drive a '18 tradesman Ram. Still has a lot of bells and whistles that my last truck didn't have, no heated seats or steering wheel though.

Configured my "ideal" F250.

7.3 base model
crew cab long bed
4x4
4.30 rear diff with locker
cruise control (which forced the $2000 STX appearance package. IDGAF about the alloy wheels or the chrome grille, DUUUUMB!!!)
gooseneck prep
trailer brake controler
inverter
upfitter switches

total 55k with a 931/mo car note

Can't afford that.

7.3 base model
crew cab long bed
4x4
cruise control (which forced the $2000 STX appearance package. IDGAF about the alloy wheels or the chrome grille, DUUUUMB!!!)
gooseneck prep
trailer brake controler
inverter
upfitter switches

Can't afford that.
Basically the same truck I'd go to if I had to get into a new one. 7.3 xl F250. But 55K? WTF. I know my current truck will have more issues, but I guess I'll just repair it as it goes at this point. Heater core is up next month. I'm really excited about that one.

Edit. Priced one with the 7.3. You can't get vinyl floor with that engine, plus a few other things. 60,650. Standard CCLB F250 with e locker, power ports, 7.3, and that's about it.

Last edited:

7.3 base model
crew cab long bed
4x4
gooseneck prep
trailer brake controler
inverter
upfitter switches

Can't afford that.

Add cruise with the XL value package on Super Duties. No need to go to the STX package.

- Signed someone who orders a decent number of Ford fleet trucks.

When you push a button and something happens immediately and predictably. That's missing now days. 😕 2021 3500

...But hey. That tailgate is an innovative work of wonder. :homer:

During my search for a new work truck/tow pig i found some interesting things out in regards to gm trucks.

yes i know most of these are worthless expensive gimmicky shit.
no more parking sensors on the bumpers (you can special order them but otherwise no)
no more sunglass compartment on the overhead area
no more garage door openers on most trucks
lots of them without heated steering wheels
most are being sent with inop heated seats
no more cylinder on demand (thats a win)

what other options are disappearing?
Parking sensors and heated steering wheel are a thing huh?

I broke the sunglasses holder in the XJ :(

Nice.

Now it's gonna be like $1000 cheaper.

Can't afford it either.

Yeah, shit is crazy. Just wanted to throw it out there in case you were actually looking at ordering one.

I have never bought a new vehicle for myself, but have ordered many of them for work. I will probably be sticking to my 11 year old nearly 200k mile F250 for the foreseeable future. Probably run it up to 300k miles before buying my next one. Hopefully I will be able to find a 7.3 gasser Super Duty for a decent price at that point.

My 8.1 GMT800 has 142k miles.

Me thinks imma keep it for a looooong time.

Dang! I tried hard to find a nice 8.1 truck before buying my last F250 in 2018. I paid $15k for a 2013 F250 with 100k miles on it. Only had it for a year before a semi totalled it (insurance paid out $20k, which was nice!). Back in 2018, I couldn't find a decent price on a nice 8.1 truck and defaulted to an F250. I couldn't touch one that I would actually want for the $15k I spent on the F250.

I love the 90-06 GMs and have owned a few. Prices for the 8.1s got stupid around here and the gas Super Duties have remained reasonably priced by comparison. I will likely stick to Super Duties in the future unless I come across a screaming deal on another GM.

Mine is a LS, 2WD extended cab long bed.

Wish I found a crew cab work truck, but I got it for a good price so I'm not complaining.

I has been wrecked at some point and has bondo / paint work / doors that don't close right. I live with it.

Dang! I tried hard to find a nice 8.1 truck before buying my last F250 in 2018. I paid $15k for a 2013 F250 with 100k miles on it. Only had it for a year before a semi totalled it (insurance paid out $20k, which was nice!). Back in 2018, I couldn't find a decent price on a nice 8.1 truck and defaulted to an F250. I couldn't touch one that I would actually want for the $15k I spent on the F250.

I love the 90-06 GMs and have owned a few. Prices for the 8.1s got stupid around here and the gas Super Duties have remained reasonably priced by comparison. I will likely stick to Super Duties in the future unless I come across a screaming deal on another GM.

I keep eyeballing this one

Too much, but very nice !

Not exactly truck related, but I was playing around and building an Explorer Timberline the other day and I noticed you could remove the engine start/stop feature, and get credited $50.
LOL for toggling off a line of code.

with the 7.3. You can't get vinyl floor with that engine, plus a few other things. 60,650. Standard CCLB F250 with e locker, power ports, 7.3, and that's about it.
I had to line item carpet delete on my 19. Can't remember if it was $0 or a small credit. Might still be a thing, it was down near where you select stuff like the upfitter switches and center console vs bench seat.

2.8L Duramax is gone from the Colorado & Canyon, 3.6L V6 too. Only option now is the 2.7T I4 shared with the 1/2 tons. Looks completely ridiculous to wrench on.

2019-chevy-silverado-turbo-highlights-1024x593.jpg
Well fuck, did the 2.8 just not sell very well or are they going the way of Ford with ecoboost everything's?

2.8L Duramax is gone from the Colorado & Canyon, 3.6L V6 too. Only option now is the 2.7T I4 shared with the 1/2 tons. Looks completely ridiculous to wrench on.

and it's like the 80's are back.

I really like the small diesel options but with the price of it's hard to want one, along with the DEF crap. That pretty much sealed any new diesel for me.

Well fuck, did the 2.8 just not sell very well or are they going the way of Ford with ecoboost everything's?
My electrical contractor tried to buy cutaway diesel vans, they said not happening for A LONG TIME.
The mileage on fuelly is pretty impressive compared to the gas vans.

Wish the big 3 would delete about 6” out of the width height and length of their trucks, and delete the tin tailgates that cost 2k plus to replace when some tweaker steals it.
Agreed. My 1992 3500 crew cab long bed gasser is great as far as reaching into the tool box, etc. The 2019 crew cab long bed diesel chevy I have, I can hardly look in the tool box, let alone reach shit. I don't know why they keep making the bed sides higher and higher over time. Not that I intend to ever have a newer truck than the 2019 I now drive for work, in 5 more years I'll need a small ladder to even step on the damn bumper to get in the bed to look in the tool box, and I may be short, (5'8") but not a midget by any means lol.
Not to mention that the 92 chevy has 423,454 miles on it as of today. That 2019 won't ever last that long.

My current truck, 22' f350 has heated and cooled seats and steering wheel :smokin: Not excited for when things start dying, but after my old dodge 3500 had the heater door flaps fuck up and I lost all heat last winter in -45c for a month, i am enjoying the luxury of heated seats and steering wheel right now when its -30c :hot:

as someone that's done a lot of this shit in eurotrash piles already.

the turbo and all that shit will probably be fine.
the direct injection is probably fine.
the electric water pump and all that crazy reverse cooling manifold valve shit is likely going to be a terrible problem and looks like it will cost a fortune in labor to get at. And all that variable valvetrain shit is gonna be a problem.

it makes crazy torque for a 4 banger though.

Top Back Refresh