What's new

Things being deleted on new trucks

They are starting to get castrated as well. Don't update your mpvi unless you absolutely have to. They have been removing the ability to do things like EGR deletes and etc. over the past few years.

Well aint that some bullshit. Well buying a used tuner isnt very hard. All this bs of "kits" has made everyone :homer:.

What's missing?
GM making a work truck that can drive over a curb.
1670258733891.png
I think they finally fixed that retarded design on the latest Gen.

My boss has gone into limp mode hundreds of miles from his house at least 4 times because "you have to use GM brand DEF". You can't even buy it at the pump.
huh? how the hell does it know?

My boss has gone into limp mode hundreds of miles from his house at least 4 times because "you have to use GM brand DEF". You can't even buy it at the pump.
Agree with comment above. This is fake news. I've had L5p duramax and the 2.8L minimax. Both ran fine with any good DEF; no issues of any kind. If you run crappy DEF in them, or run the tank super low all the time and get crud in it, the 2.8L have a DEF quality sensor that gets pissy.

Agree with comment above. This is fake news. I've had L5p duramax and the 2.8L minimax. Both ran fine with any good DEF; no issues of any kind. If you run crappy DEF in them, or run the tank super low all the time and get crud in it, the 2.8L have a DEF quality sensor that gets pissy.
Good DEF from a container unable to collect moisture and/or crystalize is key. Our fleet of 6 X15 Cummins tractors use Brenner DEF stored in 275 gallon totes. Never had an issue. Same with my 2018 L5P, I just made sure the jugs I bought were sealed.

It's probably just a quality sensor and instead of saying that your DEF sucks it just says to buy the GM fluid.

Unplug it and put it at the bottom of a pipe nipple that's topped off with GM fluid and bolted to the frame rail. Then run whatever you want.

I've never heard that one. We sell a few thousand gallons a month, would have heard about it.

There is no sensor on GM trucks telling if you've used GM DEF. Fake news. I've had 2.

Top Back Refresh