What's new

There will be Election violence against people who look like they'll vote Trump.

By doing that you are creating a draw on society by limiting their ability to come back in to modern society. If you didnt know the current marked for life comes from our British history, Dead in everything but name ensuring that even after your out your punishment continues. If you think thats a good idea fine,

but I am of the state of mind that you judge a person on how they handle their mistake and if they move on afterwards. To each their own.

I see your points; and in a vacuum, is sound logic.

However; I go with the odds of human behavior.
More than 50% of prisoners released are sent back within three years.
More than 76% return to prison within five years.

It basically blends/combines your point and mine:
YOURS: Judge a person on how they handle their mistake and if they move on afterwards.

76+% end up repeat offenders; therefore:

MINE: Once you earn the title 'convicted felon', you should never have the right to vote ever again.

are we for or against mail in voting here?

depends on who you ask.

i support mail in voting, but i also support accountability of the county to ensure correctness and validity. Don't support ID laws or same day registration, do support weeks prior registration with valid verification of address and legal right to vote. weeks prior required to allow verification by the county.

still, in person with an ink stain is the easiest way. shit works in bumfuck nowhere, it can work here. the vast majority of voter fraud isn't caused by mail in or id bypasses, it is caused by intentional ballot stuffing

depends on who you ask.

i support mail in voting, but i also support accountability of the county to ensure correctness and validity. Don't support ID laws or same day registration, do support weeks prior registration with valid verification of address and legal right to vote. weeks prior required to allow verification by the county.

still, in person with an ink stain is the easiest way. shit works in bumfuck nowhere, it can work here. the vast majority of voter fraud isn't caused by mail in or id bypasses, it is caused by intentional ballot stuffing

im of the rare breed: 30 days prior to the election is limit for sign up to mail in vote sounds fair to me. of course verify to a consitutionally supported level.

do those bum fuck nowhere places have reliably mail service? makes sense without it to have in person only.

I love it how people get so pissed off about mail in voting due to corruption, yet are totally apathetic or fine with in person electronic voting.

I love it how people get so pissed off about mail in voting due to corruption, yet are totally apathetic or fine with in person electronic voting.

You can't tell the difference between getting a letter in the mail, and being presented with a legal ID in person then watching that person go into a booth?

Because one of these systems is much easier to hack. I can get you 10,000 ballots probably by the end of the month just licking envelopes.

depends on who you ask.

One of Algore's strategy THE VERY DAY AFTER the Nov. 2000 election was to disenfranchise as many overseas/military ballots as possible on technicality basis.

His campaign sent something like 70 lawyer the very next day to do it.

And he succeeded in having many ballots tossed.

So I do not support mail in ballots.

As well not supporting ballot-harvesting.:mad3: :mad3:

its never enough is it? when we make a post must we literally cover every last thing about it? electronic voting machines are shit.

its never enough is it? when we make a post must we literally cover every last thing about it? electronic voting machines are shit.

Yes this is the old PBB, we had a 20 page thread about monorails after the one crashed in WDW! Going down the rabbit hole is what makes these guys great!:flipoff2:

You can't tell the difference between getting a letter in the mail, and being presented with a legal ID in person then watching that person go into a booth?

Because one of these systems is much easier to hack. I can get you 10,000 ballots probably by the end of the month just licking envelopes.

Yes no way to hack a computer based system.:homer:

I see your points; and in a vacuum, is sound logic.

However; I go with the odds of human behavior.
More than 50% of prisoners released are sent back within three years.
More than 76% return to prison within five years.

It basically blends/combines your point and mine:
YOURS: Judge a person on how they handle their mistake and if they move on afterwards.

76+% end up repeat offenders; therefore:

MINE: Once you earn the title 'convicted felon', you should never have the right to vote ever again.

Let me elaborate if you will. Many return because there is no option once marked. Also I believe in capitol punishment as well as making executions public as a real deterrent. Our justice system is setup, by design or not, to keep people coming back in. Throw the book at a first time offender yet release the repeat offenders. With zero real transition help once people get out. Some people shouldn’t be let out, but I contend those that are not safe to release should be put down. Rapist and Pedos are proven to be extremely high risk reoffenders. Throwing someone in Jail for drug use that does not involve a violent action is a punt on the part of the .gov as jail will do nothing to help with a drug problem.

DUI first offenses in Washington in the 50,60’s meant you sat ambulance detail Friday and Saturday night and went and rode along with the crews as they picked up the wrecks and bodies. Now its jail and making the state money in fines DUI attorneys in Washington mostly openly admit that the DUI fund the court system so it is not in the best interest of the court to fix the actual problem.

Let me elaborate if you will. Many return because there is no option once marked. Also I believe in capitol punishment as well as making executions public as a real deterrent. Our justice system is setup, by design or not, to keep people coming back in. Throw the book at a first time offender yet release the repeat offenders. With zero real transition help once people get out. Some people shouldn’t be let out, but I contend those that are not safe to release should be put down. Rapist and Pedos are proven to be extremely high risk reoffenders. Throwing someone in Jail for drug use that does not involve a violent action is a punt on the part of the .gov as jail will do nothing to help with a drug problem.

DUI first offenses in Washington in the 50,60’s meant you sat ambulance detail Friday and Saturday night and went and rode along with the crews as they picked up the wrecks and bodies. Now its jail and making the state money in fines DUI attorneys in Washington mostly openly admit that the DUI fund the court system so it is not in the best interest of the court to fix the actual problem.

its by design. see: for profit prisons. prisons should never be run by a private company.

its by design. see: for profit prisons. prisons should never be run by a private company.

Its the entire justice system. DUI in Washington give the courts far more money that the prisons. In fact when thwre was a push tp make DUI’s a felony the biggest push back was from state organizations as it would cut into the court system’s revenue if you didnt give them a chance to drink thwir troubles away and get another DUI, druving on suspended and towing and impound fees just to start with. .

if you think putting the government in charge of prisons will save money we will disagree on that one. The government is always the most expensive option when all thw true cost are shown.

Its the entire justice system. DUI in Washington give the courts far more money that the prisons. In fact when thwre was a push tp make DUI’s a felony the biggest push back was from state organizations as it would cut into the court system’s revenue if you didnt give them a chance to drink thwir troubles away and get another DUI, druving on suspended and towing and impound fees just to start with. .

if you think putting the government in charge of prisons will save money we will disagree on that one. The government is always the most expensive option when all thw true cost are shown.

fuck the money aspect. for profit prisons have contracts with min prisoner amounts. thats bullshit to me. BULLSHIT.

We are against because mail-in voting invites voter fraud and illegal aliens voting, plus dead people.

Plus we don't want people to vote the way they do on their social media. So you should have to get off your lazy ass and down to the City Hall to register at least a while before the Election, then you should have to get off your lazy ass and go stand in line to vote.

We don't want people fucking voting on their goddamned smartphones, for motherfuck's sake.

Absentee ballots should only be for military, sick and disabled people, and people who can prove by a long paperwork wait that they are away from home for some reason on a case by case basis.

Democrats who flood in Illegals want mail-in voting. Mail-in voting bad.

He makes a solid point , can't disagree with any of this. :usa:

you guys wouldn't have wanted the federal highway act of 56 would ya? ALL GOV"T BAD! yet you use the roads no problem. how do you justify that?

99% of us understand and ate good with taxes for roads schools military fire police. It when the government isnt even doing their own job and instead meddling in the private sector instead. Lets shut down the economy for a what if. Lets force private businesses to close for what if. Lets label the government employees as hero's as they bravely work through this virus. No most of want the government to just do their fucking job nothing else. But our government has decided they are leaders vs. representatives and that completely changes the dynamic of governing.

99% of us understand and ate good with taxes for roads schools military fire police. It when the government isnt even doing their own job and instead meddling in the private sector instead. Lets shut down the economy for a what if. Lets force private businesses to close for what if. Lets label the government employees as hero's as they bravely work through this virus. No most of want the government to just do their fucking job nothing else. But our government has decided they are leaders vs. representatives and that completely changes the dynamic of governing.

thats not what i said.

Try something, motherfuckers. They haven't met a pissed off Asian redneck who was a Marine for 14 years yet. I'll have them so fucking confused they won't know which way is up.

All I remember is that you made up the “pedophile” part out of whole cloth because you said his posts read like a pedophile

That's what I remember too. If someone can show some real evidence I'll buy it, but I won't go on anything Overbear posts.

I've done a bunch of research on mail-in voting and I haven't found any credible evidence that it's any more fraud prone than in-person voting.
I've seen a lot the usual sites with wild conspiracy theories, but zero proof.

I'm opposite.

Once you earn the title 'convicted felon', you should never have the right to vote ever again.

As written in law.

Part of why the law exists was an attempt to prevent felony crimes.

IMO losing the right to have firearms is part of your punishment for being a convicted felon.

You heard it from me first.

This Election, all across the nation but especially in jogger areas, people who look like they'll vote Trump will be intimidated and attacked.

Hell in 2016 I got a lot of stinkeye in my University town, but it was from 90lb co-eds, so I didn't worry to much about it. I'd love to fight an 18-year-old college girl, wrestle around with her a bit, let her clamp my head in her thighs. Imagine the smell.

You should have just beat her up

I've done a bunch of research on mail-in voting and I haven't found any credible evidence that it's any more fraud prone than in-person voting.
I've seen a lot the usual sites with wild conspiracy theories, but zero proof.

I've done a bunch of research on showing up to vote with an ID and I haven't found any credible evidence that it's any more difficult to do than any of the other dozens of reason that you would need an ID to function in life.
I've seen a lot the usual sites with wild conspiracy theories, but zero proof

Top Back Refresh