What's new

Thefishguy77’s next yard art project

They are probably just stuck / rusted to the drums I've taken them apart on a 580b they were locked up and a bitch to get apart in this position. I probably have a exploded diagram for it at work I can dig up in the next couple of days if you need a picture of it.

That would be great if you can find that. Thank you.

20200629_193508.jpg
20200629_193451.jpg
20200629_193458.jpg
20200629_193514.jpg
20200629_193424.jpg
20200629_193348.jpg
20200629_193400.jpg
20200629_193417.jpg

20200629_193407.jpg

Well this ran good enough to be forgotten about and just used. Been fine all summer but filled the hydro fluid up, it self changes slowly, and got this in the window.
BFEE16FA-34B5-496D-B4CB-78CD21BEFC7B.jpeg

Am I fucked? Is it just a bit of water condensed and dripped down because of the hot to cold switch in seasons and not beingnrun since it was lows in the 50’s. Now were in the 20’s often at night.

Can I change the filters and run it? Do I need to drain and clean the tank? Should I light it on fire? If water leaked in the most obvious area is where I made it easier to top it up. I ran a short nipple and 90 galvanized with a cap.

That has a separate tank so leaking shifter boots would put water into the transmission, not the hydraulic system.

Your elbow wont let any appreciable amount of water in as long as you used thread sealant (tape or paste) and tightened it.

Is there a breather on the top? I cant remember, did you drain and refill, or just fill?

Is the level at the sight glass when it has sat for a couple of days? Running low can make it froth and look like it has water in it.

Aaron Z

That has a separate tank so leaking shifter boots would put water into the transmission, not the hydraulic system.

Your elbow wont let any appreciable amount of water in as long as you used thread sealant (tape or paste) and tightened it.

Is there a breather on the top? I cant remember, did you drain and refill, or just fill?

Is the level at the sight glass when it has sat for a couple of days? Running low can make it froth and look like it has water in it.

Aaron Z
It had sat for a while. Not sure how long. I have not used thread sealer but should:homer: made all of last winter just fine and lots of rain. I only topped it up I have not actually changed it. I bet I didn’t have the cap tight enough. The machine is long overdue for maintenance. So looks like I will be doing a drain fill filter and screen cleaning. All shit to learn that’s new to me:lmao:

I have some guys locally that have the right size sockets to help me with other shit on it as well. It sat unused for a few years and all the piston seals are starting to leak so it looks like I will be getting a crash course in rebuilding backhoe shit:lmao:

Top Back Refresh