What's new

The "Wolf" Project ZJ

BEAR

Member Number
It's been close to a decade since I have posted on a forum (mostly P4x4), but FB is shit, especially for builds, and I'd like to share this build, as well as ask advice so here it goes....:flipoff2:

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
5.2L Magnum V-8 (Crate engine with cam swap and other goodies)
Some shitty auto Trans, Fully built by Smurf..... the best in the business.
231, 4-1 swap built in-house by Teraflex.
JK Rubicon axle swap
37" Milestar Patagonias on Method bead locks.
Frame Stiffeners
Custom long arm kit
LED Lights throughout

I am building this as a family explore vehicle, not specifically a "rock crawler". My background is rock crawling, so you may see some overbuilding here and there.
I am 3 years in the build, so I'll be catching up as much as possible.....I should mention that I have ADD, so I might just skip over parts and come back to them later....enjoy:laughing:

I plan on taking this thing all over the world on expeditions with my family, so if you see something dumb, please let me know!

photo45484.jpg

photo45485.jpg

photo45486.jpg

photo45487.jpg

photo45488.jpg

First Mod....the all-important ROOF RACK! :lmao:
Found a cheap one on WalMart.com and ordered it. For what I need, it is perfect.

photo45492.jpg

photo45493.jpg

photo45494.jpg

photo45495.jpg

photo45496.jpg

I should throw out a pic in its more current status. This is still 6+ months ago becuse it is currently tore down for more upgrades.

photo45497.jpg

Decided on 37" Milestars and Method beadlocks. I think the combo looks pretty good and is relatively light.:cool2:

photo45791.jpg

photo45792.jpg

photo45793.jpg

photo45794.jpg

photo45795.jpg

Awesome. I recently picked up a low mileage 97 myself and plan to build in a similar direction. Love the wheel choice. I am planning almost the exact same setup.

I have been thinking about trying to build a "new frame" vs doing stiffners. Basically a box tube that follows directly next to the factory "frame" and has all the mounts, sliders, cage, etc tied into it, and then tied into the "frame" in places. It is likely not feasible but seems like a better/stronger option than plating.

Out with the old, and in with the new.

Replaced the full-time NP 249 with a fresh NP231 with 4-1 all built by Tereflex with zero miles on it.

photo45820.jpg

photo45821.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh