What's new

The wife's Maverick Trail

Made a switch plate to add two switches in front of the shifter.

1000012405.jpg
1000012407.jpg

When the wife rides shotgun she has politely complained that her knees can hit the bottom of the subwoofer box, specifically the part that crosses over to the passenger side and box's in the glove box.

I figured I could just put a chamfer on the front of the box to add clearance but after getting it out I remembered that part of the box is only cosmetic, just makes a valance to look clean.

I trimmed it back got rid of it. All the mdf looks good, it was glassed with some light cloth and polyester resin. I radiused the new edge and sanded everything back to put in a new glass.

Hopefully I got enough mek in it, I forgot to use the scale and I am terrible at counting drops...

1000012413.jpg
1000012415.jpg
1000012416.jpg
1000012419.jpg
1000012421.jpg
1000012422.jpg

Batdog eat your heart out :flipoff2:

Adjusted the valves .003" and .005", like a for real **** hair... They weren't out but where at the max of the range.

Got the sun box all glassed and bed linered ready to go back in.

But befotrvi put it back in I addressed a long standing problem. The dash has a recess that has the 12v outlet and USB charger. It also has a drain that keeps it from holding water. That drain is right above the sub box and amp... We haven't killed the amp yet but it's something I'd rather resolve now when it's all blown apart.

I mulled it all over several ways to fix this, a long sheet metal tongue to divert the water, gluing on a abs fitting and ultimately I decided to break a piece of .100" aluminum to fit the plastic dash. Then I welded a piece of 3/4" aluminum tubing to that and blended it in with a roto file. I attached that to the dash with some stainless screws and sealed it with RTV.

Now I can run a piece of 3/4" clear vinyl hose down to the floor.
No finished pix yet.

1000012427.jpg
1000012423.jpg
1000012425.jpg

View attachment 839529

Last year in Taylor Park we came too a water crossing that shouldn't have been a big deal.
I rode my bike across and then hitched a ride on the back of the SXS to get my sons bike.

As we got to the bank the belt was slipping like crazy and it would barely climb out of the creek. We were both confused, never had that problem. Later another crossing we had the same problem so for the rest of the trip any water sucked, as in it might not get out...

I pulled it apart and didn't see anything wrong, the cover was in contact with the new HDPE skid cause I left some spacers out to try and increase ground clearance. I put the spacers back in but found over Thanksgiving it was still a problem.

This time I'm gonna pull it all the way down and even pressure test this clutch assembly of I have too.

When I popped off the primary I got my answer...
1000012569.jpg

1000012571.jpg

Got the whips finished with the 6:1 heat shrink on the connector back shell.

1000012728.jpg

1000012727.jpg

Then got the front and rear rock lights installed. The rears sort of got YOLO'ed on to the bottom of the bed support rails. I hope it's not directly inline with the tire axis but if it is I can make a Z plate or something to relocate it, I'm tired of fuckin with led lights...

The fronts are a piece of 1" sch 40 split and a tab welded to them to create a pad that's consistent on both sides secured to these strut tubes with hose clamps.
This configuration allowed me to get them installed and I can adjust them as needed later if they aren't to my liking. Early tests show it's ok as is.

1000012721.jpg

1000012722.jpg

1000012719.jpg

1000012723.jpg

Top Back Refresh