What's new

The *Official* "That's Methed up" thread.

_nc_ohc=Zc1ilg8fUS0AX9JB9zr&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

they did both sides without tossing the chain up over the leaf pack...
Poor execution.
run the chain up and over top on both front and rear, then put the grab hook on the chain before slipping the clevis pin in through the link if it'll let you get it a li'l tighter
then hammer flat stock in on both sides of the lift block to tension

I thought about doing something like that for my trailer because 4.5" tube and U bolts above 4 only seem to come in 1" increments.

Wound up just throwing two cutoffs of 5" x 11ga tube in there to make the U bolt fit right.

I thought about doing something like that for my trailer because 4.5" tube and U bolts above 4 only seem to come in 1" increments.

Wound up just throwing two cutoffs of 5" x 11ga tube in there to make the U bolt fit right.

Pussy, just use some all thread and cut it to length after you bend it.

5" become 4.5" when you crank the shit out of them.

I thought about that but thought better of it since it's spring under so all the weight is already on that point and the tube wall is only 0.237. Plating it seems way smarter. Also gives me more confidence about having the bump stop land right there.
Yeah, I've taken apart ancient trailers and the u-bolts dented and/or rusted through the tube.

I had custom ubolts made for less than parts store prices and I only had to stand around for 20 minutes.
Do you have a trailer repair shop close by?

Top Back Refresh