What's new

*The official* "It's a Clown World, after all." thread.

IMG_2034.jpeg

Justice Minister defends house arrest power for people feared to commit a hate crime in future

Justice Minister Arif Virani has defended a new power in the online harms bill to impose house arrest on someone who is feared to commit a hate crime in the future – even if they have not yet done so already.

The person could be made to wear an electronic tag, if the attorney-general requests it, or ordered by a judge to remain at home, the bill says.

Mr. Virani, who is Attorney-General as well as Justice Minister, said it is important that any peace bond be “calibrated carefully,” saying it would have to meet a high threshold to apply.

Justice Minister defends house arrest power for people feared to commit a hate crime in future

Justice Minister Arif Virani has defended a new power in the online harms bill to impose house arrest on someone who is feared to commit a hate crime in the future – even if they have not yet done so already.

The person could be made to wear an electronic tag, if the attorney-general requests it, or ordered by a judge to remain at home, the bill says.

Mr. Virani, who is Attorney-General as well as Justice Minister, said it is important that any peace bond be “calibrated carefully,” saying it would have to meet a high threshold to apply.
Hey!!! I've seen this movie!!!!!

It's crazy how easily these people just get up in front of the entire world every day and blatantly lie to our faces about things so basic even the mentally handicapped can see through. Even crazier how there's just absolutely zero accountability for any of it anymore.
Ya know how we're always throwing around that phrase- "the fall of Rome"

100-1000 yrs from now, people will be talking about "the fall of America"

Ya know how we're always throwing around that phrase- "the fall of Rome"

100-1000 yrs from now, people will be talking about "the fall of America"

Maybe... maybe not.

I'd argue that if everything is digital, the likelihood of an accurate depiction of the fall of the USA will be spun heavily...

Much harder to edit printed material to fit a narrative than it is digital...

Beck interviewed Canadian news person about it.

Make EVERYTHING hate speech, then make a law to put people in jail/fine them crazy amounts of money because maybe they will say something to hurt someone's feelings. Makes me sick.
The most worrying thing is when politicians do not bother to hide their true agendas.

Make EVERYTHING hate speech, then make a law to put people in jail/fine them crazy amounts of money because maybe they will say something to hurt someone's feelings. Makes me sick.
The most worrying thing is when politicians do not bother to hide their true agendas.
I'm sure the politicians exempted themselves.

the 8% global revenue fine for social media is hilarious.

In all fairness there's little of that, that has applied since the 1970s. As for today we are >< this far from total communism and the sheep can't even see it, all they see is free this and free that and daddy gov will take care of me and mine from the cradle to the grave.:shaking:

Limited interest here I know, but ...

On Friday March 1, 2024, the U.S. District Court for the District of Alabama declared the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) unconstitutional. In the case of National Small Business Association v. Yellen (Case No. 5:22-cv-01448) [1], initiated by the National Small Business United, the challenge was against the CTA's mandate for small businesses to disclose their beneficial owners to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).

The ruling has the effect of suspending all BOI filing requirements for now, all enforcement actions, and all compliance concerns including questions of "practicing law without a license." Experts believe the ruling will be appealed, probably to the Supreme Court, so this is a temporary filing requirement suspension until a final appeal is exhausted. Voluntary filing appears to still be allowed if for some reason a client desires to file.

Limited interest here I know, but ...

On Friday March 1, 2024, the U.S. District Court for the District of Alabama declared the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) unconstitutional. In the case of National Small Business Association v. Yellen (Case No. 5:22-cv-01448) [1], initiated by the National Small Business United, the challenge was against the CTA's mandate for small businesses to disclose their beneficial owners to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).

The ruling has the effect of suspending all BOI filing requirements for now, all enforcement actions, and all compliance concerns including questions of "practicing law without a license." Experts believe the ruling will be appealed, probably to the Supreme Court, so this is a temporary filing requirement suspension until a final appeal is exhausted. Voluntary filing appears to still be allowed if for some reason a client desires to file.
Why is this clown world? The ruling took power away from the feds and returned it to the states

Because it's another example of Federal agencies taking every opportunity they can eak out more information gathering based on the extraordinarily poorly written Congress decides to pass.

The ruling is great ... the underlying horshit is the clowny bit. :flipoff2:

Or did you already file your BOIR ?

Because it's another example of Federal agencies taking every opportunity they can eak out more information gathering based on the extraordinarily poorly written Congress decides to pass.

The ruling is great ... the underlying horshit is the clowny bit. :flipoff2:

Or did you already file your BOIR ?
The CTA was clownworld. The ruling you quoted was not.

Maybe... maybe not.

I'd argue that if everything is digital, the likelihood of an accurate depiction of the fall of the USA will be spun heavily...

Much harder to edit printed material to fit a narrative than it is digital...
Blacks will be responsible for building everything, WLM and a mass invasion of pasty whites crossing our southern border will signal the accelerated downward spiral of the country. Oddly enough most of the politicians will stay the same but they will highlite Obama's white side.

Reactions: DMG
Memphis mayor meeting w/ gang leaders... asking them to stop ganging...

Hey Memphis....your mayor is a fucking moron. Not even qualified to effectively manage a McDonald's, apparently.

That was an episode of Hill Street Blues!

Top Back Refresh