What's new

The official "I'm a baller and I financed my Powerstroke for eleventy six months...

I got a "Nice truck" comment today. Yeah, it's a 2015 and has 186k on the clock:emb2:. I keep it clean and store it in a garage, goes a long ways to keeping them in shape.
Why not take a page out of the Toyota fanboy playbook and give the OEM credit for your nice treatment. :flipoff2:

Cartercraft you ahead of me, but only because they gave me a 2% note. i took the cash i had and bought a bunch of gold. mine has a 41k balance left on it.
I was gonna pay off my house and finance the whole truck but the rates got too high for that to be a good idea.
Gold might have been a good plan too.

Consumer Reports. It's a magazine so people can hate stuff they were never going to buy anyway.
Must suck being the editor there. On one hand all the asshole customers will stop buying if you stop confirming their biases. On the other hand the corporations will stop sending money your way if you don't rank their stuff highly. :laughing:

Last edited:
I hate the "new" work trucks shifting.

F350 with the 10 speed. The few seconds of lag if you get on it sucks, but whats worse is the unpredictable 1-2 shifts. Sometimes it holds till 2300rpm, sometimes it bangs on through....

We have 3 F150s with dead 10 speed transmissions. There are no parts or replacements available. They have been parked for 6-9 months. The consensus is that they do not tolerate idling like the 6 speeds did. Thats bad enough but without the ability to repair them it is a shit sandwich.

We have 3 F150s with dead 10 speed transmissions. There are no parts or replacements available. They have been parked for 6-9 months. The consensus is that they do not tolerate idling like the 6 speeds did. Thats bad enough but without the ability to repair them it is a shit sandwich.

Any idea of hours and miles?

Reactions: DMG
My dad's 10spd was out of the truck 3 times in the first 5000 miles. Wouldn't replace it, had to repair it.

Finally seems to be working right, but I also sorta hope he doesn't leave me it in his will, lol

I was going to report myself to this thread until I saw it was for 250/350's. So at least I'm not one of those guys. :flipoff2:

Also, my dad has been harping on me for years to get a truck. So Woods wasn't alone in that. :laughing:

Any idea of hours and miles?
2019 with 107398 miles
2018 with 120808 miles
#3 waiting on info from the Fleet Manager

I do not know the hours but could get the keys to check later. I can tell you that they will be high. These trucks sit on pads all day running 5+ days a week while a computer nerd sits in them playing with various automated equipment through a PLC.

My dad's 10spd was out of the truck 3 times in the first 5000 miles. Wouldn't replace it, had to repair it.

Finally seems to be working right, but I also sorta hope he doesn't leave me it in his will, lol
Mine has an occasional hard shift when I step on it to get around someone. To fight having that experience I drive in S all the time and manually downshift if I know I am going to use the skinny pedal hard soon.

in 2019 I posted a truck thread and several recommended me the 10sp 7.3

Time to find those assholes :mad3::mad3::mad3::mad3:

2019 with 107398 miles
2018 with 120808 miles
#3 waiting on info from the Fleet Manager

I do not know the hours but could get the keys to check later. I can tell you that they will be high. These trucks sit on pads all day running 5+ days a week while a computer nerd sits in them playing with various automated equipment through a PLC.

That aligns with what I see. Fleet trucks shit the trans by 120-130k.

But......... If it only needed a gasket, why the fuck did they replace the oil pan? I hope it's because you can't get a gasket any other way and not because they "upsold" it to their customer and helped Ford fuck up the guys engine.
Watching some videos on this...
The original '11 pan has a built in Oring gasket, supposed to be superior to "Silicone" gasket of later models.

Which brings up the question, why in the fuck would they be using Silicone for those flanges????
Anerobic sealant (Loctite 5188 for example) would seem far superior for this application.

Damn!:eek:

%2F795b0d%2F3436154182%2Fil_1588xN.3436154182_rmje.jpg

Top Back Refresh