What's new

The official "I'm a baller and I financed my Powerstroke for eleventy six months...

Diesel guy: I bought a diesel because they last forever

Me in my damn near 400k mile Land Cruiser that still runs like a dream:

50cent-lol.gif

:Laughs in 7.3:

:flipoff2:

That oil pan has an o-ring style gasket. How the fuck did Ford manage to fuck up an o-ring gasket and make it leak? Seriously, that's a pretty big fuck up for something that simple. :confused:

That oil pan has an o-ring style gasket. How the fuck did Ford manage to fuck up an o-ring gasket and make it leak? Seriously, that's a pretty big fuck up for something that simple. :confused:
Over boost and a shitty CCV system

So they have to replace the pan for some kind of design issue? Otherwise, why not just replace the oring?

I got a "Nice truck" comment today. Yeah, it's a 2015 and has 186k on the clock:emb2:. I keep it clean and store it in a garage, goes a long ways to keeping them in shape.

What the pretty silly boys say to your non drunk ass does nots impress the rest of us. :cookie:

Thank for letting us know you came out of the closet, I mean garage :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Everything is disposable garbage, just depends how disposable you can’t manage. I’d never buy a new diesel. Direct injection has some quirks but the expensive failures are from fucktards running incorrect oil etc

That's crazy on the casting fuck up.

Why replace the whole pan for a gasket/o-ring issue though?

Maybe the recess for the oring isn't at spec? It's also could be a better way to verify the item was fixed as you could see the pan but not the old ring per say if they were going. Or maybe it's Bluetooth and will through and engine code. :flipoff2:. Who knows.

Can't say I financed mine but at 180k and 12 years old the only things I've done to my 6.7 engine wise is repair an alternator charging wire, a def heater, and two egt probes in the DPF. So far it will likely take less to get this engine to 200k than all but one of my 7.3s.

Paid off. Both of them.

One on right is a 2014 with 186k miles. Has been completely trouble free, but now has coolant leak and needs an injector. I hope it isn't just the start of trouble. Threads like this always make me nervous.

One on left is 2016 and just turned 43k miles.

Bought the 2016 hoping it was as good as the 2014. Pretty disappointed so far.

Attachments

• 20220922_190141.jpg
    20220922_190141.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
Cartercraft you ahead of me, but only because they gave me a 2% note. i took the cash i had and bought a bunch of gold. mine has a 41k balance left on it.

Top Back Refresh