What's new

The Moonshine Motel - Enclosed Gooseneck "Crawler Hauler" Build

Absolutely. I'm armcharing right now, but the holup is how much height I need. To compensate for the roof curve. It's not a 90* angle from the panel to the roof curve. The angle would have to be flattened out a bit, maybe a 110* angle iron or something.

I was thinking though, if I came up with mounts that could be bolted/screwed into the trailer, then tropi-cool'd over, so they can't leak, then the panels bolted on.

I don't understand how you have these mounted. Can you expand on that? It looks clean as hell.
There are 6" aluminum angles mounted to the trailer roof with 5/16" holes in them.

The 2 panels are mounted via the normal mounts on the bottom of the panel frames to the same angle as the mounts were made out of but inverted.

This allows the feet to pivot on the single corner bolts to follow the roof arch. It also allows me to not have to disturb the sealed roof mounts for maintenance or repair.

This might illustrate better, although it was kind of built to tilt I've never done it.

1000013927.jpg

Absolutely. I'm armcharing right now, but the holup is how much height I need. To compensate for the roof curve. It's not a 90* angle from the panel to the roof curve. The angle would have to be flattened out a bit, maybe a 110* angle iron or something.

I was thinking though, if I came up with mounts that could be bolted/screwed into the trailer, then tropi-cool'd over, so they can't leak, then the panels bolted on.

I don't understand how you have these mounted. Can you expand on that? It looks clean as hell.
On the ends of the panel opposite the curved direction, one piece just bolts higher on the flange of the panel. The bother bolts lower. They simply are at a little angle. The panel doesn't care of its not dead flat either.

Top Back Refresh